Martin Luther King, Jr_Why We Can't Wait+Speech (Amer. Civil Rights) EPUB

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on July 28, 2015 by felix56in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Martin Luther King, Jr_Why We Can't Wait+Speech (Amer. Civil Rights) EPUB (Size: 792.23 KB)
 I Have a Dream - Martin Luther King, Jr_.epub536.85 KB
 I Have a Dream - Martin Luther King, Jr_.jpg38.08 KB
 I Have a Dream - Martin Luther King, Jr_.opf2.33 KB
 Why We Can't Wait - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr_.epub167.56 KB
 Why We Can't Wait - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr_.jpg45.33 KB
 Why We Can't Wait - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr_.opf2.08 KB

Description

On August 28, 1963, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington, Martin Luther King gave one of the most powerful and memorable speeches in our nation's history. His words, paired with Caldecott Honor winner Kadir Nelson's magificent paintings, make for a picture book certain to be treasured by children and adults alike. The themes of equality and freedom for all are not only relevant today, 50 years later, but also provide young readers with an important introduction to our nation's past.

Often applauded as King's most incisive and eloquent book, Why We Can't Wait recounts the Birmingham campaign in vivid detail, while underscoring why 1963 was such a crucial year for the civil rights movement. Disappointed by the slow pace of school desegregation and civil rights legislation, King observed that by 1963-during which the country celebrated the one-hundredth anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation-Asia and Africa were "moving with jetlike speed toward gaining political independence but we still creep at a horse-and-buggy pace."

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
792.23 KB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Martin Luther King, Jr_Why We Can't Wait+Speech (Amer. Civil Rights) EPUB