Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See 320cbr (Big Papi) 1993 New Wave Post-Punk

seeders: 10
leechers: 1
Added on October 13, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See 320cbr (Big Papi) 1993 New Wave Post-Punk (Size: 119.7 MB)
 01 Mazzy Star - Fade Into You.mp311.41 MB
 02 Mazzy Star - Bells Ring.mp310.51 MB
 03 Mazzy Star - Mary of Silence.mp313.94 MB
 04 Mazzy Star - Five String Serenade.mp310.22 MB
 05 Mazzy Star - Blue Light.mp311.98 MB
 06 Mazzy Star - She’s My Baby.mp310.24 MB
 07 Mazzy Star - Unreflected.mp38.6 MB
 08 Mazzy Star - Wasted.mp312.78 MB
 09 Mazzy Star - Into Dust.mp312.98 MB
 10 Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See.mp316.89 MB
 Big Papi.nfo3.99 KB
 Cover.jpg140.37 KB
 So Tonight That I Might See.cue1.51 KB
 So Tonight That I Might See.log7.77 KB

Description

Source: 1993 CD

Note: I got this album when it was released in the 90's. One of the very few I owned at the time. Beautiful but depressing music with a country feel to it. The first song, Fade Into You, is captivating. - Big Papi

By Frank Bock
This album has been in constant rotation in my cd player for years and years now. It really is a beautiful album. I never understood the people who said that all Mazzy Star songs all sound alike. I never thought that in any sense at all. they all are so subtle and subdued but yet all have their own personality. The album really coheres in a sense, but each song tells it's own story. It isn't simply a collection of random songs but more a book of short stories held together by a common thread.
From the first track, Fade Into You, a sort of surprise hit single on the radio with its country tinged, folk psychadelia to the grand finale, So Tonight That I Might See, a Doors inspired stream of conscious masterpiece, the entire album shimmers with emotion and feeling and dreamy landscapes. David Robacks sweet guitar playing and lush arrangements provide the perfect backdrop to Hope Sandovals detached but angelic voice and an almost faceless backing band provides the perfect foil for the dark, laid back duo who are fronting the show.

Fade Into You is a beautiful tune, filled with desertlike folk country-ish sounds, that never seems to wear thin. Bells Ring which is next, keeps the same spirit as Fade Into You, albiet with a more heavy, electrified spirit and then Mary of Silence And Five String Serenade bring the band closer to a funeral type atmosphere, but it's Blue Light, the fifth track that lifts the band out of it's misery. This almost tone poem, is filled with an aquatic organ sound that is perfect, almost with it giving you the feeling of a soft, blueish light shining through the window on a what was rainy afternoon during a hot summer's day.
She's My Baby is nice and is next, but it's the seventh track, Unreflected that has consistantly moved me and been one of my favorite songs of all time. It's gently ringing acoustic guitars, soft shaker and echoey vocals by Sandoval remind me of lying in a field in the desert on a clear summer's night with the brightest stars against the darkest backdrop circling above. This is a song that could simply be called cosmic... something which not many songs truly are.

The album then shifts gears with the coarse and tripped out "Wasted" only to find it's way back to dreamy folk on "Into Dust," which gives way the powerful closing track, So Tonight That I Might See. In similar fashion to The Doors, "The End," Sandoval sings with detached fashion almost unceasing string of words whih sound almost like an uninterupted thought from beginning to end.

So Tonight is a fantastic album. You may have heard Fade Into You on the radio at some point. Give it a try if you haven't already. It isn't music that you want to race cars to (effectively atleast) but it is a great cd. The playing by the band (except Roback) is nothing to run to the store about, but they do managed to create a dreamy atmosphere which is unbroken throughout the show. Highly Recommended

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
119.7 MB
seeders:10
leechers:1
Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See 320cbr (Big Papi) 1993 New Wave Post-Punk

All Comments

This is THE album we all listened to that year in San Francisco. Except "5 string Serenade". That song sucks....
good torrent thank you