Meat - A Kitchen Education by James Peterson - epub - zeke23

seeders: 53
leechers: 8
Added on November 30, 2014 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Meat - A Kitchen Education by James Peterson - epub - zeke23 (Size: 62.6 MB)
 Meat.epub62.5 MB
 Meat_A_Kitchen_Education_J_Peterson.jpg99.62 KB

Description

[color=blue][

Instruction begins with an informative summary of meat cooking methods: sauteing, broiling, roasting, and braising, to name a few. Then, chapter by chapter, Peterson demonstrates classic preparations for every type of meat available from the butcher: chicken, turkey, duck, quail, pheasant, squab, goose, guinea hen, rabbit, hare, venison, pork, beef, veal, lamb, and goat. Along the way, he shares his secrets for perfect pan sauces, gravies, and jus. Peterson completes the book with a selection of homemade sausages, pates, terrines and broths that are the base of so many dishes. His trademark step-by-step photographs provide incomparable visual guidance for working with the complex structure and musculature of meats and illustrate all the basic prep techniques--from trussing a whole chicken to breaking down a whole lamb.
--"When I read the introduction to Meat: A Kitchen Education, I wanted to stand up and cheer. James Peterson and I share a deep passion for great meat, and a respect for all animals whose lives are taken for our food. If you subscribe, as I do, to the philosophy of "eat less meat, eat better meat, and enjoy it more," then this book will guide you on that journey. Whichever recipe you choose, Meat will help you make something sensible and delicious."
--Bill Niman, rancher and founder, Niman Ranch

James Peterson grew up in northern California and studied chemistry and philosophy at UC Berkeley. After his studies, he traveled around the world, working his way through Asia, by land, to Europe. Eventually he landed in Paris and was amazed by the French attitude toward food and drink. (This was in the mid seventies when food in America was practically non-existent.) It was in France that he found his calling. As he was running short on funds, Jim found a job picking grapes in the south of France where he lived with a family for two weeks. He has never forgotten the sumptuous lunches prepared by the vigneron's wife. After his initial inspiration, Jim returned to the United States and got a job as a short-order cook. This was his first cooking job and while the cuisine was not 3-star, there was still the need for speed and organization. After saving money for a year and a half, Jim returned to France. After begging his his way in, he ended up working at two of what were then among France's greatest restaurants, George Blanc and Vivarois. It was his experiences in these restaurants that shaped his style of cooking and drove his pursuit of cuisine as a career. Jim also studied pastry at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris.
By a series of serendipitous events, James found himself a partner/chef in a small French restaurant in Greenwich Village, called Le Petit Robert. It was here that he was able to experiment and invent and shape his own unique approach to cooking. The restaurant was reviewed in a wide variety of major
publications including Gourmet Magazine where it was called "...what may be the most creative restaurant in New York." It was no doubt in part because of his extravagant use of truffles and foie gras, that the restaurant, after four years, was forced to close. At a loss, Jim started teaching cooking at the French Culinary Institute and later, at Peter Kump's New York Cooking School, now ICE. Jim spent a year developing curriculum for the French Culinary Institute.
/color]

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
62.6 MB
seeders:53
leechers:8
Meat - A Kitchen Education by James Peterson - epub - zeke23

All Comments

It opens nicely in Sumatra (thanks Zeke23 for the recommendation), not sure why my Calibre didn't like it.
It's a nice looking book, so worth the attempt to get it open.
thanx mate!
Got an error in Calibre too ... 'calibre, version 2.12.0
ERROR: Could not open ebook: Error -3 while decompressing: invalid stored block lengths

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packagescalibregui2viewermain.py", line 37, in run
File "threading.py", line 763, in run
File "site-packagescalibreebooksoebiteratorbook.py", line 99, in __enter__
File "site-packagescalibrecustomizeconversion.py", line 241, in __call__
File "site-packagescalibreebooksconversionpluginsepub_input.py", line 197, in convert
File "site-packagescalibreutilslocalunzip.py", line 223, in extractall
File "site-packagescalibreutilslocalunzip.py", line 205, in _extractall
File "site-packagescalibreutilslocalunzip.py", line 158, in copy_compressed_file
error: Error -3 while decompressing: invalid stored block lengths
'
Ron
its working everywhere else
I get an error when trying to open this in the eBook reader part of Calibre. Is it just me?
Thanks
150 downloads your the first works on my end mate