Meet Mr Callaghan 1954 DvdRip Mp4 Lee1001

seeders: 5
leechers: 4
Added on July 30, 2014 by xultin Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: DVDRip

Meet Mr Callaghan 1954 DvdRip Mp4 Lee1001 (Size: 894.85 MB)
 Meet Mr Callaghan.mp4894.85 MB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt46 bytes

Description

Meet Mr Callaghan 1954 DvdRip Mp4 Lee1001

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047225/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_Mr._Callaghan

Slim Callaghan is investigating a racket run by two brothers who are taking their rich uncle's money. Soon there is a murder...

Cynthia hires private eye Slim Callaghan when her uncle changes his will in her favour - or so she says. However, when Slim finds out her uncle is already dead, he switches his suspicions from the former three beneficiaries to Cynthis herself – and her fiancé.

Slim Callaghan, a fictional British private detective in the American "hard boiled" mode, was the central character in several popular Peter Cheyney novels,plays and films.

Author: john-morris43 from United States 25 January 2014

Every few months I am compelled to re-watch this gem. I'm blessed at my age to forget enough of the plot to make the story fresh each time. Not that this would matter to me. I am time and again captivated by its fast-moving and evolving plot, a main character that darts through the story like the Mad Hatter—compelling me to chase after him—a brilliant supporting cast, wonderful black-and-white photography, ace direction, scads of original wit, and its captivating musical theme. Now about that Derrick De Marney: the man is second to none in giving flesh and voice to the irrepressible, seedy, but endearing Mr. Callaghan. The sleazier de Marney plays his role the more lovable he becomes. De Marney delivers the most disingenuous assurances with deadpan sincerity and utters in driest tones more implied meanings than an oracle in an uncooperative mood. Callaghan ceaselessly prods my curiosity until I ask, 'Where now goeth this man?'—and wonder what next he'll draw from a sleeve.

The entire cast is impeccable. In his only and short appearance, Roger Williams, as Bellamy Meraulton, is as spectacular as to steal more than his share of the scene from de Marney—no small feat. None can be faulted for turning in a weak performance, from Michael Balfour as the coffee stall-keeper, to Trevor Reid as the inspector, to Belinda Lee as maid Jenny Appleby. Harriette Johns is divine and not enough can be said for Larry Burns as Darky. To the end, de Marney holds his character and Miss Johns captivates. There are forgettable movies and movies we forget; bad movies or splendid ones worthy of recalling. There are others which were tops in their time but cannot hold up in a later era. "Meet Mr. Callaghan" was tops, is tops, and shows not a spot of age. Even Eric Spears' theme is as delightful as when it had been initially released. I urge strongly that you meet Mr. Callaghan.

VIDEO

Size.... 894mb

Duration.... 01:26:24

Codec.... avc1

Frame Width..... 624

Frame Height.... 464

Data Rate.... 1316kbps

Frame Rate.... 25F/S

AUDIO

Bit Rate.... 127kbps

2 Channel Stereo

Audio Sample Rate.... 48KHz