Merle Haggard - 2007 - The Bluegrass Sessions [mp3@320]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 7, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Merle Haggard - 2007 - The Bluegrass Sessions [mp3@320] (Size: 101.55 MB)
 01. Runaway Mama.mp38.85 MB
 02. Pray.mp36.69 MB
 03. What Happened.mp38.57 MB
 04. Jimmie Rodgers Blues.mp39.92 MB
 05. Learning to Live With Myself.mp39.61 MB
 06. Mama's Hungry Eyes.mp38.38 MB
 07. I Wonder Where To Find You.mp36.74 MB
 08. Holding Things Together.mp37.91 MB
 09. Big City.mp38.41 MB
 10. Momma's Prayers.mp39.56 MB
 11. Wouldn't That Be Something.mp38.04 MB
 12. Blues Stay Away From Me.mp38.67 MB
 Front.jpg212.88 KB
 Merle Haggard - 2007 - The Bluegrass Sessions [mp3@320].txt5.08 KB
 Merle Haggard - The Bluegrass Sessions.log5.74 KB

Description

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Merle Haggard

2007 - The Bluegrass Sessions [mp3@320]

Merle Haggard

Merle Haggard at Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tennessee. 2009

R.I.P. Merle

Wikipedia:
Merle Ronald Haggard (April 6, 1937 – April 6, 2016) was an American country music songwriter, singer, guitarist, fiddler, and instrumentalist. Along with Buck Owens, Haggard and his band the Strangers helped create the Bakersfield sound, which is characterized by the twang of Fender Telecaster and the unique mix with the traditional country steel guitar sound, new vocal harmony styles in which the words are minimal, and a rough edge not heard on the more polished Nashville sound recordings of the same era.
By the 1970s, Haggard was aligned with the growing outlaw country movement, and he continued to release successful albums through the 1990s and into the 2000s. In 1994, he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 1997, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.

Haggard endorsed Fender guitars and had a Custom Artist signature model Telecaster. The guitar is a modified Telecaster Thinline with laminated top of figured maple, set neck with deep carved heel, birdseye maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets, ivoroid pickguard and binding, gold hardware, abalone Tuff Dog Tele peghead inlay, 2-Colour Sunburst finish and a pair of Fender Texas Special Tele single-coil pickups with custom-wired 4-way pickup switching.

On December 5, 2015, Haggard was treated at an undisclosed hospital in California for pneumonia. He made a recovery, but postponed several concerts.
In March 2016, Haggard was once again hospitalized. His concerts for April were cancelled due to his ongoing double pneumonia. On April 6, 2016, his 79th birthday, he died of complications from pneumonia at his home in Palo Cedro, California, just outside Redding.

The Bluegrass Sessions

Artist: Merle Haggard
Title: The Bluegrass Sessions
Producers: Ronnie Reno, Carl Jackson
Release Date: October 2, 2007
Label: McCoury Music, Hag Records
Catalog: MCM 0008
ASIN: B000UNXH0W
Genre: Country, Bluegrass, Folk
Duration: 43:49

Wikipedia:
The Bluegrass Sessions is an album by American country music singer and songwriter Merle Haggard. This album was released on October 2, 2007 on the McCoury Music and Hag Records.
The bulk of the album was cut live in the studio in one day, with very little overdubbing. Guests include Alison Krauss, Marty Stuart and dobro virtuso Rob Ickes.

AllMusic Review by Mark Deming:
Despite signing a new deal with Capitol Records in 2004, since he parted ways with Epic Records at the end of the '80s Merle Haggard seems to have been happiest when he's as far as possible from the mainstream of contemporary country music, which would make him an ideal candidate to cut a solid bluegrass album. Abandoning any pretense of tailoring his music for radio or CMT, Haggard's best albums of the new century have been his most casual, and The Bluegrass Sessions stands alongside 2001's Roots, Vol. 1 in capturing Hag in laid-back but emphatic form. The Bluegrass Sessions was recorded with a superb acoustic ensemble and some help from guest stars Alison Krauss and Marty Stuart; the bulk of the album was cut in a single day, with Haggard singing live along with the band. While Haggard never appears to be pushing himself, he sings with the quiet commitment of a man who can't help but tell the truth as he sees it, and the low-key clarity of his vocals meshes beautifully with the subtle push and pull of the arrangements. Haggard brought a few new tunes with him for this session, and "Learning to Live with Myself" and "Wouldn't That Be Something" are worthy additions to his songbook, while "Pray" is a simple but fiercely powerful statement of faith and "What Happened?" once again demonstrates how Hag can effortlessly sound right wing and left wing all at once (he hasn't gotten over 9-11 but he hates Wal-Mart, though perhaps not as much as karaoke). Haggard and company also revisit a few songs from his back catalog, and while the new versions of "Mama's Hungry Eyes," "Big City," and "Holding Things Together" can't match the originals, there's enough force in Hag's performances to prove he still knows they're great songs and can vividly communicate their virtues. While on the surface The Bluegrass Sessions sounds as casual as a warm Sunday in August, Merle Haggard's performances say more with less than nearly anyone in Nashville, and his quiet authority is a joy to hear.

01. Runaway Mama (3:50)
02. Pray (2:53)
03. What Happened? (3:42)
04. Jimmie Rodgers Blues (4:18)
05. Learning To Live With Myself (4:10)
06. Mama's Hungry Eyes (With Alison Krauss) (3:37)
07. I Wonder Where To Find You (2:55)
08. Holding Things Together (3:25)
09. Big City (3:38)
10. Momma's Prayers (4:08)
11. Wouldn't That Be Something (3:28)
12. Blues Stay Away From Me (3:45)

Personnel:

Charlie Cushman – Banjo, Guitar
Merle Haggard – Guitar, Vocals
Aubrey Haynie – Fiddle
Rob Ickes – Dobro, Slide Guitar
Ben Isaacs – Upright Bass
Carl Jackson – Guitar, Tenor Vocal, Vocal Arrangement, Vocal Producer
Scott Joss – Fiddle
J.D. Wilkes – Harmonica
Alison Krauss – Vocals
Marty Stuart – Guitar, Mandolin

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
101.55 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Merle Haggard - 2007 - The Bluegrass Sessions [mp3@320]