Merle Haggard - 2010 - I Am What I Am [mp3@320]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 7, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Merle Haggard - 2010 - I Am What I Am [mp3@320] (Size: 86.37 MB)
 01. I've Seen It Go Away.mp36.96 MB
 02. Pretty When It's New.mp37.43 MB
 03. Oil Tanker Train.mp37.04 MB
 04. Live And Love Always.mp35.82 MB
 05. The Road To My Heart.mp36.58 MB
 06. How Did You Find Me Here.mp39.04 MB
 07. We're Falling In Love Again.mp38.14 MB
 08. Bad Actor.mp38.02 MB
 09. Down At The End Of The Road.mp37.32 MB
 10. Stranger In The City.mp35 MB
 11. Mexican Bands.mp37.99 MB
 12. I Am What I Am.mp36.1 MB
 Front.jpg942.6 KB
 Merle Haggard - 2010 - I Am What I Am [mp3@320].txt4.97 KB
 I Am What I Am.log5.22 KB

Description

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Merle Haggard

2010 - I Am What I Am [mp3@320]

Merle Haggard

Merle Haggard at the White House for the 2010 Kennedy Center Honors

R.I.P. Merle

Wikipedia:
Merle Ronald Haggard (April 6, 1937 – April 6, 2016) was an American country music songwriter, singer, guitarist, fiddler, and instrumentalist. Along with Buck Owens, Haggard and his band the Strangers helped create the Bakersfield sound, which is characterized by the twang of Fender Telecaster and the unique mix with the traditional country steel guitar sound, new vocal harmony styles in which the words are minimal, and a rough edge not heard on the more polished Nashville sound recordings of the same era.
By the 1970s, Haggard was aligned with the growing outlaw country movement, and he continued to release successful albums through the 1990s and into the 2000s. In 1994, he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 1997, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.

Haggard endorsed Fender guitars and had a Custom Artist signature model Telecaster. The guitar is a modified Telecaster Thinline with laminated top of figured maple, set neck with deep carved heel, birdseye maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets, ivoroid pickguard and binding, gold hardware, abalone Tuff Dog Tele peghead inlay, 2-Colour Sunburst finish and a pair of Fender Texas Special Tele single-coil pickups with custom-wired 4-way pickup switching.

On December 5, 2015, Haggard was treated at an undisclosed hospital in California for pneumonia. He made a recovery, but postponed several concerts.
In March 2016, Haggard was once again hospitalized. His concerts for April were cancelled due to his ongoing double pneumonia. On April 6, 2016, his 79th birthday, he died of complications from pneumonia at his home in Palo Cedro, California, just outside Redding.

I Am What I Am

Artist: Merle Haggard
Title: I Am What I Am
Producers: Lou Bradley, Merle Haggard
Release Date: April 20, 2010
Label: Vangard Records
Catalog: 78035-2
ASIN: B0037EDIG4
Genre: Country, Traditional Country, Honky Tonk
Length: 35:32

Wikipedia:
I Am What I Am is an album by American country music artist Merle Haggard. It was released on April 20, 2010 by Vanguard Records. The album peaked at number 18 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. The final song, “It's Gonna Be Me,” was only released on Amazon.com, despite having received positive review as a song which stands out with a heavy bass line and social-critical lyrics.

AllMusic Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine:
Perhaps there’s a measure of defiance in the title of Merle Haggard’s 2010 album I Am What I Am, but it’s also a statement of plain fact: almost 50 years into a recording career, there’s no changing the fact that Hag is who is he is, and he’s comfortable in his own skin, broken-in but not worn-out, never pushing too hard but never coasting, either. Sometimes Haggard’s easy touch is too light, slipping into sleepiness, but the striking thing about I Am What I Am is its casual mastery, the subtle shading in his vocal phrasing can make his songwriting appear effortless. And to an extent, it is: Hag’s tending the same fields he has for years, sliding into swaying ballads, stepping it up for a bit of Western swing, tipping his hat toward Mexico, swinging through some Dixieland jazz, a love of railroads and family, spiking his sentimental, nostalgic streak with clear-eyed realism, always blurring the line between a late night in a beer joint and a Sunday afternoon picking on the porch. But like with any of Haggard’s great albums, much of the pleasure lies in the details, whether it’s the sly lyrical turns of phrase in his writing or in the suppleness of his performance, things I Am What I Am has in spades. It’s familiar enough to feel comforting on the first listen, resonant enough to sound better with each subsequent spin; it’s so true to Haggard’s essence that it could stand handsomely as his final album, an understated summation of where he’s been, but it’s made better by having no trace of self-conscious finality -- this wasn’t constructed as a last word, but it’s just a reflection of who Haggard is, which is nothing less than one of the great American singer/songwriters.

01. I've Seen it Go Away (02:59)
02. Pretty When it's New (03:12)
03. Oil Tanker Train (03:01)
04. Live and Love Always (02:30)
05. The Road To My Heart (02:49)
06. How Did you Find Me Here (03:54)
07. We're Falling in Love Again (03:30)
08. Bad Actor (03:27)
09. Down at the End of the Road (03:09)
10. A stranger In the City (02:08)
11. Mexican Band (03:27)
12. I Am What I AM (02:37)

Personnel:

Biff Adam - Bass, Drums
Gary Church - Trombone
Doug Colosio - Piano
Ben Haggard - Drums, Guitar, Soloist, Vocals (Background)
Merle Haggard - Fiddle, Guitar, Vocals
Theresa Lane Haggard - Harmony, Vocals
Norm Hamlet - Guitar (Steel)
Tim Howard - Guitar, Soloist
Rob Ikes - Dobro
Scott Joss - Fiddle, Guitar, Harmony, Vocals (Background)
Red Lane - Guitar
Don Markham - Trumpet
George Receli - Drums, Percussion, Vocals (Background)
Reggie Young - Guitar

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
86.37 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Merle Haggard - 2010 - I Am What I Am [mp3@320]