Micah P. Hinson and the Red Empire Orchestra(2008)[FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on January 24, 2011 by in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Micah
  • Format: flac - lossy

Micah P. Hinson and the Red Empire Orchestra(2008)[FLAC] (Size: 211.23 MB)
 Micah P. Hinson - 08 - You Will Find Me.flac27.43 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 11 - Dyin' Alone.flac26.77 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 06 - Sunrise Over the Olympus Mons.flac26.63 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 02 - Tell Me It Ain't So.flac23.22 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 10 - We Won't Have to Be Lonesome.flac22.94 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 04 - I Keep Havin' These Dreams.flac22.09 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 07 - The Fire Came Up to My Knees.flac16.91 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 05 - Throw the Stone.flac12.52 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 01 - Come Home Quickly, Darlin'.flac11.9 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 09 - The Wishing Well and the Willow Tree.flac10.99 MB
 Micah P. Hinson - 03 - When We Embraced.flac9.81 MB
 folder.jpg8.42 KB
 info.txt5.73 KB
 Micah P. Hinson And The Red Empire Orchestra.cue1.96 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt46 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Limetorrents.com.txt.txt44 bytes

Description

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/a8fea9c0abe4666112a6a164118c681c/1446966.jpg

2008 Micah P. Hinson and the Red Empire Orchestra CD Full Time Hobby fth056cdxx

1 Come Home Quickly, Darlin' 2:19
2 Tell Me It Ain't So 4:09
3 When We Embraced 1:45
4 I Keep Havin' These Dreams 3:58
5 Throw the Stone 2:09
6 Sunrise Over the Olympus Mons 4:21
7 The Fire Came Up to My Knees 4:05
8 You Will Find Me 4:45
9 The Wishing Well and the Willow Tree 2:05
10 We Won't Have to Be Lonesome 3:46
11 Dyin' Alone 4:43

Much has been made of Micah P HinsonΓΓé¼Γäós turbulent life. From teenage drug addiction, jail and homelessness, the Texan already had a reservoir of experience from which to draw the doleful country-folk songs of debut ΓΓ鼪And The Gospel Of Progress. Four years and two further albums on, press interviews have shown him intent on losing his image as a reformed fuck-up, but astute enough to realise it makes a damn good backstory.

With that in mind, itΓΓé¼Γäós tempting to read more into this new record. There appears, for instance, to be a recurring theme of letting go, while simultaneously questing for things he fears unattainable. ΓΓé¼┼ôConstantly craving something that isnΓΓé¼Γäót mineΓΓé¼┬¥, he sings, against the urgent hum of a Hammond organ, on ΓΓé¼┼ôTell Me It AinΓΓé¼Γäót SoΓΓé¼┬¥. At other times, heΓΓé¼Γäós haunted by thoughts of dying alone and, as on ΓΓé¼┼ôYou Will Find MeΓΓé¼┬¥, the idea ΓΓé¼┼ôthat these are dreams that I only dream/ Do I dream alone?ΓΓé¼┬¥.

But the real beauty of this wholly engaging record is the contrast between HinsonΓΓé¼Γäós dry basso profundo and the (almost) euphoric banks of strings that swell behind banjos and acoustic guitars. The chamber music-noir of ΓΓé¼┼ôI Keep HavinΓΓé¼Γäó These DreamsΓΓé¼┬¥ sounds like a despondent relative of ΓΓé¼┼ôEleanor RigbyΓΓé¼┬¥, while ΓΓé¼┼ôWe WonΓΓé¼Γäót Have To Be LonesomeΓΓé¼┬¥ has the ΓΓé¼╦£60s sweep of a Spectoresque teen ballad.

As does ΓΓé¼┼ôSunrise Over The Olympus MonsΓΓé¼┬¥, whereby Hinson mutters ΓΓé¼┼ôOh love of my lifeΓΓé¼┬¥ into the infinite space of a drained shot glass. Imagine Jack Nitzsche producing Silver Jews.

Of course, nobody does solitary quite like Micah P either. His own peculiar, twilit world is evoked strongest on ΓΓé¼┼ôThrew The StoneΓΓé¼┬¥ and ΓΓé¼┼ôThe Fire Came Up To My KneesΓΓé¼┬¥, his bony voice backed by the faintest of guitar figures. Rich in its moods, this could well be HinsonΓΓé¼Γäós best yet.

cd ripped by dBpoweramp

please seed

http://dickthespic.org/2010/10/18/micah-p-hinson/

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
211.23 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Micah P. Hinson and the Red Empire Orchestra(2008)[FLAC]