Mickey Newbury - I Came to hear the Music, (1974)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on March 21, 2008 by in Music
Torrent verified.

Mickey Newbury - I Came to hear the Music, (1974) (Size: 52.62 MB)
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 01 - i came to hear the music.mp35.86 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 02 - breeze lullaby.mp32.54 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 03 - you only live once (in a while).mp34.78 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 04 - yesterday's gone.mp34.82 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 05 - if you see her.mp35.83 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 06 - dizzy lizzy.mp35.36 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 07 - if i could be.mp33.95 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 08 - organized noise.mp33.27 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 09 - love, look at us now.mp34.09 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 10 - baby's not home.mp35.21 MB
 mickey newbury - i came to hear the music - 11 - 1 x 1 ain't 2.mp36.9 MB
 mickeynewburyicametoheaol4.jpg10.14 KB

Description

01. I Came to Hear the Music

02. Breeze Lullaby

03. You Only Live Once (In a While)

04. Yesterday's Gone

05. If You See Her

06. Dizzy Lizzy

07. If I Could Be

08. Organized Noise

09. Love, Look at Us Now

10. Baby's Not Home

11. 1 X 1 Ain't 2

38:17

Review by Thom Jurek

Produced by Chip Young, I Came to Hear the Music is Newbury's most diverse recording from his early period. Along with the bittersweet love songs that defy categorization, there are bona fide country waltzes like "You Only Live Once in a While,," rock & roll songs such as "Dizzy Lizzy" and "1 X I Ain't 2," and some blues and gospel. The rain and thunderstorms are back, and there are appearances by the Jordanaires and Bobby Emmons. The lushly orchestrated "countrypolitan" sound of "Yesterday's Gone" and the folk-country "If You See Her" mark two ends of the acoustic spectrum for Newbury. The last half of the album features the most diversity; it begins and ends with the aforementioned rock tracks, and Newbury, with his killer guitar pickers and piano player, could rock with anybody. Traffic sounds open "Organized Noise," which could have been a vintage Neil Diamond track, with its African percussion and off-meter rhyme. It's full of drama, of bitter reverie, of remorse, and as the orchestra swells behind the singer and the cut begins to open itself up, it just abruptly ends...a squandered idea, an emotion best left unexplored. There is also the ballad "Love Look (At Us Now)," which was covered by no less than five different artists, none of them coming close to Newbury's bone honest, tell-it-like-it-is delivery. The song is full of shame and bewilderment, unable to resolve the emotions contained within it (with the strings swelling repeatedly to underscore this) or stand against them. An amazing tome that lasts less than three minutes! Alas, this album sold only as well as its predecessors, but it pointed its creator in new directions, or at least revealed the many simultaneous directions he'd been capable traveling all along.

She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye Mickey Newbury 03:02

Mickey Newbury Appreciation thread

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=56325

Looks Like Rain , Heaven Help The Child , Live At Montezuma Hall , Lovers , Rusty Tracks/His Eye Is On The Sparrow , The Sailor/After All These Years

Mickey Newbury Collection [BOX SET]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004L8D5/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The Mickey Newbury Collection; by Peter Blackstock

http://www.nodepression.net/issues/nd20/nfa.html

Credits:

Bergen White - Vocals, Voices

Billy Puett - Horn, Saxophone

Bobby Emmons - Organ, Keyboards

Buddy Harmon - Drums

Buddy Spicher - Drums

Charlie McCoy - Guitar, Harmonica

Chip Young - Guitar

David Briggs - Piano, Keyboards

Dennis Good - Horn

Diane Tidwell - Vocals, Voices

http://www.mickeynewbury.com/

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
52.62 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Mickey Newbury - I Came to hear the Music, (1974)