Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - kindle epub pdf

seeders: 9
leechers: 5
Added on August 16, 2012 by biggiedee23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - kindle epub pdf (Size: 22.11 MB)
 Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Child - Riggs, Ransom.pdf7.5 MB
 Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Child - Riggs, Ransom.5.74 MB
 Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Child - Riggs, Ransom.mobi5.56 MB
 Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Child - Riggs, Ransom.epub3.24 MB
 Cover.jpg75.71 KB
 metadata.opf1.27 KB

Description

Review
This peculiar parable is pure perfection.Justine magazine; A tense, moving, and wondrously strange first novel. The photographs and text work together brilliantly to create an unforgettable story.--John Green, New York Times best-selling author of Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns --With its X-Men: First Class-meets-time-travel story line, David Lynchian imagery, and rich, eerie detail, it's no wonder Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children has been snapped up by Twentieth Century Fox. --Entertainment Weekly--Peculiar' doesn't even begin to cover it. Riggs' chilling, wondrous novel is already headed to the movies--People --[A] thrilling, Tim Burton-esque tale with haunting photographs--USA Today Pop Candy--Readers searching for the next Harry Potter may want to visit Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children--CNN --You'll love it if you want a good thriller for the summer. It's a mystery, and you'll race to solve it before Jacob figures it out for himself.--Seventeen --Riggs deftly moves between fantasy and reality, prose and photography to create an enchanting and at times positively terrifying story.--Associated Press --Got a tweener child with a taste for creepy horror and time-travel stories? Send them Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children--McClatchy Wire Service --It's an enjoyable, eccentric read, distinguished by well-developed characters, a believable Welsh setting, and some very creepy monsters--Publishers Weekly--An original work that defies categorization, this first novel should appeal to readers who like quirky fantasies. Riggs includes many vintage photographs that add a critical touch of the peculiar to his unusual tale--Library Journal--His premise is clever, and Jacob and the children are intriguing characters--Booklist--Readers will find this book unique and intriguing--School Library Journal--year I read the wonderful Miss Peregrine s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs and really enjoyed it. It stood out amongst other books due to its presentation of the story, black & white photos and hand-written letters dotted throughout the book as if it was a photo album or scrap book...Notes of Life, May, 2012...Peculiar' doesn't even begin to cover it. Riggs' chilling, wondrous novel is already headed to the movies--People--[A] thrilling, Tim Burton-esque tale with haunting photographs--USA Today Pop Candy --Readers searching for the next Harry Potter may want to visit Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children--CNN --You'll love it if you want a good thriller for the summer. It's a mystery, and you'll race to solve it before Jacob figures it out for himself.Seventeen -- Riggs deftly moves between fantasy and reality, prose and photography to create an enchanting and at times positively terrifying story.--Associated Press Got a tweener child with a taste for creepy horror and time-travel stories? Send them Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.--McClatchy Wire Service It's an enjoyable, eccentric read, distinguished by well-developed characters, a believable Welsh setting, and some very creepy monsters. Publishers Weekly--An original work that defies categorization, this first novel should appeal to readers who like quirky fantasies. Riggs includes many vintage photographs that add a critical touch of the peculiar to his unusual tale-- --Library Journal, May 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this amazing book, because Riggs' writing is beautiful and magical, the characters are so wonderfully quirky and special in their own ways, and also because of the fabulous pictures. I can't wait for the movie!! I'm sure it will be great---Teen Book Guru, July, 2012---- a quirky little story combining elements of YA adventure and supernatural horror. Right from the cover we can see that there is something rather spooky about these children. Jacob is very close to his grandfather who tells him strange tales about his own childhood. Initially, Jacob is taken in by stories of children with strange abilities, but as he grows up, he stops believing them. Until he sees one of the monsters from his grandfather s story attack him. Haunted by his grandfather s last words, Jacob is determined to find out the truth and follow the clues that have been left behind. Jacob manages to convince his therapist and his parents that a holiday away from home in a remote island off the coast of Wales is just what he needs to clear his head. Once he s there, however, he realises that all his grandfather s stories were true. Peppered with creepy photographs, the story is one of adventure and fantasy. Jacob is a great narrator, one who ll appeal to children and adults. On the island, he finally feels like he s found a place where he belongs and a sense of purpose in his life. Despite the image on the cover, this is not a horror story. It is more a magical fantasy world that we enter when we go with Jacob into Miss Peregrine s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob finds out more about these children, Miss Peregrine and what makes them so peculiar, the adventure takes off, taking the reader into this quirky fantastical world. This is one of those books that needs to be read in physical copy. The layout of the book itself makes for a great experience and readers will want to flip back and forth between the images. I really enjoyed this strange, at times eerie adventure and look forward to the next instalment with Jacob and the children. ---Stargazerpuj, July, 2012---It's an unusual, magical novel illustrated with intriguing vintage photographs. It has been on the NYT bestseller list since last June and has just been published in paperback. There are exciting plans for a film adaptation and a follow-up--emporersclotehs, July, 2012-- I read this book in only a few hours as I really did not want to put it down. At the beginning of the story, you have no idea how it is getting to the plot that is described in the blurb. The plot is wonderfully well crafted, and not just in this respect; there is a twist towards the end, and for the first time in a very long time I really did not see it coming. I really recommend you take some time out to read this book as you ll want to enjoy it in one go the plot and the characters (especially the precocious Emma) really draw you in and I can t wait for the sequel next year --Judging Covers, May, 2012

this book exceeded all my expectations of it.....loved the magical writing style, and the witty humour throughout the narrative which meant I had a permanent smirk on my face all the time I was reading this book. And there is a love story too! But underlying all the strangeness and the mystery is a sense of menace and danger. Jacobs grandfather was running from something, and we never find out until nearly the end exactly what the real danger is. The bad characters in this are truly sinister. I liked this slow unravelling of new facts and wondrous revelations. The pace is very even but keeps you constantly engaged. One of the best things about this book is the characters, Jacob is so flawed but lovable, and all the children so interesting, and at times a little bit creepy! I loved Jacob's complicated relationship with Emma- his grandfather's old flame. All the children of Miss Peregrine's home are special in their different ways, mischievous and odd- and it's strange to think that they are frozen in this time loop- doomed to repeat the same perfect summer day every day for years on end. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children is adventurous, exciting, magical and addictive, and such a wonderful story. This is such a quirky book- fun and so unique, and such an easy read. I just loved it. --alwayslostinstories, July, 2012
Product Description
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. And a strange collection of very curious photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children who once lived here—one of whom was his own grandfather—were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a desolate island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.
About the Author
Ransom Riggs is the acclaimed director and screenwriter of the Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters viral video book trailer (named Best Book Trailer of the Year by Amazon.com!). He's also the author of Quirk's Sherlock Holmes Handbook. He is a screenwriter and filmmaker by trade. This is his first novel

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
22.11 MB
seeders:9
leechers:5
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - kindle epub pdf

All Comments

Thank You!
I couldn't put this down, thank you!!!
thanks
great download . . . seeded and thanks!