Morten Abel - Here We Go Then, You and I (FLAC) - 1999

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on November 13, 2015 by madnortin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Morten Abel - Here We Go Then, You and I (FLAC) - 1999 (Size: 364.69 MB)
 01 Hard to Stay Awake.flac29.65 MB
 02 Tulipz.flac29.48 MB
 03 Don't Forget to Dance.flac28.15 MB
 04 Be My Lover.flac31.07 MB
 05 The Man With No Shadow.flac39.22 MB
 06 Doberman.flac31.64 MB
 07 Let the Good Times Roll.flac35.18 MB
 08 The Whistler.flac32.41 MB
 09 Dad's Girl.flac17.44 MB
 10 I Always Thought the World Was Made For Me.flac81.71 MB
 art.jpg262.06 KB
 Morten Abel - Here We Go Then, You and I.log11.65 KB
 Morten Abel - Here We Go Then, You and I.m3u735 bytes
 Back.jpg341.32 KB
 CD.jpg613.18 KB
 Front-Inside Page 1 & 16.jpg511.87 KB
 Front-Inside Page 10 & 11.jpg1.26 MB
 Front-Inside Page 12 & 13.jpg922.84 KB
 Front-Inside Page 14 & 15.jpg768.13 KB
 front-Inside Page 2 & 3.jpg880.92 KB
 Front-Inside Page 4 & 5.jpg196.17 KB
 Front-Inside Page 6 & 7.jpg1.24 MB
 Front-Inside Page 8 & 9.jpg1.29 MB

Description

Morten Abel's second solo album opens with a big chunky slab of classic-sounding pop/rock, "Hard to Stay Awake," with huge, hummable hooks in the vein of Travis or Oasis. It closes, in fine adult alternative fashion, with the tastefully jaunty folk-pop of "The Whistler" and a couple of sweet, acoustic ballads, including the sparse and lovely "Dad's Girl", which addresses the potentially melodramatic subject of incest with impressive delicacy. In other words, good stuff, and more or less what you might expect to hear from a veteran rocker approaching his twentieth year in the industry. Just about everything in between those bookends, however, subverts those expectations, as Here We Go Then, You and I turns out to be, effectively, a dance-pop album. To be sure, it's dance-pop approached from the perspective of rock singer/songwriter, but these grooves are a few notches above the tepid percussion loops that were de rigeur for songwriter albums around the turn of the millennium, even if they're not entirely fresh or snappy. "Don't Forget to Dance," "The Man With No Shadow" (whose silly chorus rhymes "Batman," "fat man" and "Pac-Man") and "Let the Good Times Roll" wallow in shuffling Madchester-style beats, while the elegantly moody "Be My Lover" rides a midtempo breakbeat; best of all is the single "Tulipz," mixed by veteran dance producer Pascal Gabriel, which is full-on funky house thick with wah-wah guitar. None of this would much matter if Abel didn't have such a winning way with a hook, but quite a few of these tunes boast distinctly catchy, if unassuming, choruses, although another handful do fall flat. Still, this an unusually satisfying marriage of straight-ahead songcraft and electronic beats; an album with readily apparent mainstream appeal that never feels off-puttingly slick.

AllMusic Review by K. Ross Hoffman

Genre: Pop.

Enjoy and share, please or the torrent will die out.

PS! Give me a good or bad vote and maby a comment on my work. That's appreciated, thanks. =)

image image image image image

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
364.69 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Morten Abel - Here We Go Then, You and I (FLAC) - 1999