Mozart - Str Qt in D, K 499 (Hoffmeister) - Budapest Str Qt (1934) [Philidor; FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on October 2, 2014 by Philidorin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Mozart
  • Format: flac - lossless

Mozart - Str Qt in D, K 499 (Hoffmeister) - Budapest Str Qt (1934) [Philidor; FLAC] (Size: 78.85 MB)
 03 Adagio.flac29.42 MB
 01 Allegretto.flac22.96 MB
 04 Allegro.flac15 MB
 02 Menuetto- Allegretto.flac11.44 MB
 Budapest String Quartet.txt26.64 KB
 Budapest String Quartet - Mozart- Str Qt in D, K 499 (Hoffmeister).log6.82 KB

Description

The Budapest String Quartet was formed in 1917, by Hungarian and Czech musicians who operated out of Budapest. They were the first string quartet to make a living completely off the proceeds of their concerts; and they established a series of rules:

Disputes, musical or business, were to be resolved by a vote. In case of a tie, there was no change to the status quo. (Later, this was amended to a member chosen by luck, who would cast the deciding vote.)

Players could not assume engagements outside the quartet.

Players were to paid equally, unlike many quartets that gave preference to the first violin.

No wives or girlfriends were to be permitted at any rehearsals or musical discussions.

The quartet soon changed composition, so that by the early 1930s they were stocked almost entirely with Russian emigrees. (The great violinist Jascha Heifetz is credited with stating, "One Russian is an anarchist. Two Russians are a chess game. Three Russians are a revolution. Four Russians are the Budapest String Quartet.") Their precision, fine-grained tone, wit, sense of structure, and balance. Notes on them, and their lengthy history, are included.

This is *not* high fidelity. In 1934, the concept didn't exist. They did use microphones, but the reproduction medium of 78 rpm shellac discs wasn't exactly digital. On the other hand, this Hoffmeister is often regarded as the first great recording of the work. If you can accept the scratchiness in the grooves, you may be in for a real treat. And if you find that's the case, let me know.

All my classical uploads can be found by searching on Philidor, or here:

http://kickasstorrents.ee/community/show/philidor-s-classical-stuff/?page=3#post15671621

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
78.85 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Mozart - Str Qt in D, K 499 (Hoffmeister) - Budapest Str Qt (1934) [Philidor; FLAC]

All Comments

Thank you not only for the fine music, but the bio's you include as well! I'm learning a lot while I am enjoying the music!