Music Memoirs Bundle Two_11 Titles (Various)

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on May 12, 2015 by felix56in Books
Torrent verified.

Music Memoirs Bundle Two_11 Titles (Various) (Size: 390.98 MB)
 Rotten_ No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs - John Lydon & Keith Zimmerman & Kent Zimmerman.epub2.96 MB
 Rotten_ No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs - John Lydon & Keith Zimmerman & Kent Zimmerman.jpg176.28 KB
 Rotten_ No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs - John Lydon & Keith Zimmerman & Kent Zimmerman.mobi3.47 MB
 Rotten_ No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs - John Lydon & Keith Zimmerman & Kent Zimmerman.opf5.96 KB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music Volume 2 - Michael L. LaBlanc (ed).epub24.59 MB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music Volume 2 - Michael L. LaBlanc (ed).jpg166.07 KB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music Volume 2 - Michael L. LaBlanc (ed).mobi135.8 MB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music Volume 2 - Michael L. LaBlanc (ed).opf1.34 KB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music_ Volume 1 - Michael L. Lablanc.epub23.89 MB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music_ Volume 1 - Michael L. Lablanc.jpg166.07 KB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music_ Volume 1 - Michael L. Lablanc.mobi131.71 MB
 Contemporary Musicians_ Profiles of the People in Music_ Volume 1 - Michael L. Lablanc.opf1.59 KB
 Harder They Come, The - Michael Thelwell.epub487.35 KB
 Harder They Come, The - Michael Thelwell.jpg68.04 KB
 Harder They Come, The - Michael Thelwell.mobi636.07 KB
 Harder They Come, The - Michael Thelwell.opf2.16 KB
 NME; 50 New Bands for 2015 - New Musical Express.jpg266.38 KB
 NME; 50 New Bands for 2015 - New Musical Express.opf1.18 KB
 NME; 50 New Bands for 2015 - New Musical Express.pdf11.03 MB
 Brother Ray_ Ray Charles' Own Story - Ray Charles & David Ritz.epub412.95 KB
 Brother Ray_ Ray Charles' Own Story - Ray Charles & David Ritz.jpg70.19 KB
 Brother Ray_ Ray Charles' Own Story - Ray Charles & David Ritz.mobi498.58 KB
 Brother Ray_ Ray Charles' Own Story - Ray Charles & David Ritz.opf2.74 KB
 Americana_ The Kinks, the Road and the Perfect Riff - Ray Davies.epub1.07 MB
 Americana_ The Kinks, the Road and the Perfect Riff - Ray Davies.jpg54.14 KB
 Americana_ The Kinks, the Road and the Perfect Riff - Ray Davies.mobi1.17 MB
 Americana_ The Kinks, the Road and the Perfect Riff - Ray Davies.opf2.84 KB
 Bob Dylan in America - Sean Wilentz.epub7.47 MB
 Bob Dylan in America - Sean Wilentz.jpg609.98 KB
 Bob Dylan in America - Sean Wilentz.mobi7.79 MB
 Bob Dylan in America - Sean Wilentz.opf4.21 KB
 Gil Evans_ Out of the Cool - Stephanie Stein Crease.epub1.21 MB
 Gil Evans_ Out of the Cool - Stephanie Stein Crease.jpg107.74 KB
 Gil Evans_ Out of the Cool - Stephanie Stein Crease.mobi1.58 MB
 Gil Evans_ Out of the Cool - Stephanie Stein Crease.opf3.1 KB
 Does the Noise in My Head Bother You_ (Enhantion)_ A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir - Steven...4.18 MB
 Does the Noise in My Head Bother You_ (Enhantion)_ A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir - Steven...76.49 KB
 Does the Noise in My Head Bother You_ (Enhantion)_ A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir - Steven...4.39 MB
 Does the Noise in My Head Bother You_ (Enhantion)_ A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir - Steven...3.77 KB
 Duke - Terry Teachout.epub11.66 MB
 Duke - Terry Teachout.jpg570.71 KB
 Duke - Terry Teachout.mobi12.09 MB
 Duke - Terry Teachout.opf2.33 KB
 Tommyland - Tommy Lee & Anthony Bozza.epub255.96 KB
 Tommyland - Tommy Lee & Anthony Bozza.jpg49.08 KB
 Tommyland - Tommy Lee & Anthony Bozza.mobi341.48 KB
 Tommyland - Tommy Lee & Anthony Bozza.opf3.36 KB

Description

"I have no time for lies and fantasy, and neither should you. Enjoy or die..." --John Lydon

Punk has been romanticized and embalmed in various media. An English class revolt that became a worldwide fashion statement, punk's idols were the Sex Pistols, and its sneering hero was Johnny Rotten.

Seventeen years later, John Lydon looks back at himself, the Sex Pistols, and the "no future" disaffection of the time. Much more than just a music book, Rotten is an oral history of punk: angry, witty, honest, poignant, crackling with energy. Malcolm McLaren, Sid Vicious, Chrissie Hynde, Billy Idol, London and England in the late 1970s, the Pistols' creation and collapse...all are here, in perhaps the best book ever written about music and youth culture, by one of its most notorious figures.

image- Volume 1 & 2

Like the acclaimed film of the same title, this lyrical, lilting, densely textured novel is based on the exploits of the legendary Jamaican folk hero and reggae star Rhygin. With passion and precision, Michael Thelwell recounts Rhygin’s journey from a morally coherent rural universe to the teeming, predatory slums of Kingston, his rebellion against the poverty and corruption of postcolonial Jamaica, his blazing, simultaneous rise to the top of the charts and the Most Wanted list.

50 New Bands (2015)

Ray Charles (1930-2004) led one of the most extraordinary lives of any popular musician. In Brother Ray, he tells his story in an inimitable and unsparing voice, from the chronicle of his musical development to his heroin addiction to his tangled romantic life. Overcoming poverty, blindness, the loss of his parents, and the pervasive racism of the era, Ray Charles was acclaimed worldwide as a genius by the age of thirty-two. By combining the influences of gospel, jazz, blues, and country music, he invented, almost single-handedly, what became known as soul. And throughout a career spanning more than a half century, Ray Charles remained in complete control of his life and his music, allowing nobody to tell him what he could and couldn't do.As the Chicago Sun-Times put it, Brother Ray is "candid, explicit, sometimes embarrassing, often hilarious, always warm, touching and deeply human-just like his music."

As a boy in post-War England, legendary Kinks singer/songwriter Ray Davies fell in love with America - its movies and music, its culture of freedom fed his imagination. In Americana, Davies tries to make sense of his long love-hate relationship with the country that both inspires and frustrates him, and where he nearly lost his life in a street shooting. Some of the most fascinating characters in pop culture and the British Invasion make appearances, from the famous to the behind-the-scenes players. The book is interspersed with lyrics and also includes photographs from Davies' own collection and the Kinks' archive. From his quintessentially English perspective, Davies - with candour, humour, and wit - takes us on a very personal road trip through his life and storied career as a rock star, and reveals what music, fame and America really mean to him.

One of America’s finest historians shows us how Bob Dylan, one of the country’s greatest and most enduring artists, still surprises and moves us after all these years.

Growing up in Greenwich Village, Sean Wilentz discov­ered the music of Bob Dylan as a young teenager; almost half a century later, he revisits Dylan’s work with the skills of an eminent American historian as well as the passion of a fan. Drawn in part from Wilentz’s essays as “historian in residence” of Dylan’s official website, Bob Dylan in America is a unique blend of fact, interpretation, and affinity—a book that, much like its subject, shifts gears and changes shape as the occasion warrants.

Beginning with his explosion onto the scene in 1961, this book follows Dylan as he continues to develop a body of musical and literary work unique in our cultural history. Wilentz’s approach places Dylan’s music in the context of its time, including the early influences of Popular Front ideology and Beat aesthetics, and offers a larger critical appreciation of Dylan as both a song­writer and performer down to the present. Wilentz has had unprecedented access to studio tapes, recording notes, rare photographs, and other materials, all of which allow him to tell Dylan’s story and that of such masterpieces as Blonde on Blonde with an unprecedented authenticity and richness.

Bob Dylan in America—groundbreaking, comprehensive, totally absorbing—is the result of an author and a subject brilliantly met.

The life (1912-1988) and career of Gil Evans paralleled and often foreshadowed the quickly changing world of jazz through the 20th century. Gil Evans: Out of the Cool is the comprehensive biography of a self-taught musician whom colleagues often regarded as a mentor. His innovative work as a composer, arranger, and bandleader--for Miles Davis, with whom he frequently collaborated over the course of four decades, and for his own ensembles--places him alongside Duke Ellington and Aaron Copland as one of the giants of American music. His unflagging creativity galvanized the most prominent jazz musicians in the world, both black and white. This biography traces Evans's early years: his first dance bands in California during the Depression; his life as a studio arranger in Hollywood; and his early work with Claude Thornhill, one of the most unusual bandleaders of the Big Band Era. After settling in New York City in 1946, Evans's basement apartment quickly became a meeting ground for musicians.The discussions that took place there among Miles Davis, Gerry Mulligan, John Lewis, and others resulted in the Birth of the Cool scores for the Miles Davis Nonet and, later on, for Evans's masterpieces with Davis: Miles Ahead, Porgy and Bess, and Sketches of Spain.

This book is enhanced with content such as audio or video, resulting in a large file that may take longer to download than expected.This enhanced edition of Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? features additional videos and exclusive audio with Steven Tyler:"I've been mythicized, Mick-icized, eulogized and fooligized, I've been Cole-Portered and farmer's-daughtered, I've been Led Zepped and 12-stepped. I'm a rhyming fool and so cool that me, Fritz the Cat, and Mohair Sam are the baddest cats that am. I have so many outrageous stories, too many, and I'm gonna tell 'em all. All the unexpurgated, brain-jangling tales of debauchery, sex & drugs, transcendence & chemical dependence you will ever want to hear."The son of a classical pianist straight out of the Bronx of old Archie comics, Steven Tyler was born to be a rock star. Weaned on Cole Porter, Nat King Cole, Mick—and his beloved Janis Joplin—Tyler began tearing up the streets and the stage as a teenager before finally meeting his "mutant twin" and legendary partner Joe Perry. In this addictively readable memoir, told in the playful, poetic voice that is uniquely his own, Tyler unabashedly recounts the meteoric rise, fall, and rise of Aerosmith over the last three decades and riffs on the music that gives it all meaning.Tyler tells what it's like to be a living legend and the frontman of one of the world's most revered and infamous bands—the debauchery, the money, the notoriety, the fights, the motels and hotels, the elevators, limos, buses and jets, the rehab. He reveals the spiritual side that "gets lost behind the stereotype of the Sex Guy, the Drug Guy, the Demon of Screamin', the Terror of the Tropicana." And he talks about his epic romantic life and his relationship with his four children. As dazzling, bold, and out-on-the-edge as the man himself, Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? is an all-access backstage pass into this extraordinary showman's life.

A major new biography of Duke Ellington from the acclaimed author of Pops: A Life of Louis Armstrong

Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington was the greatest jazz composer of the twentieth century—and an impenetrably enigmatic personality whom no one, not even his closest friends, claimed to understand. The grandson of a slave, he dropped out of high school to become one of the world's most famous musicians, a showman of incomparable suavity who was as comfortable in Carnegie Hall as in the nightclubs where he honed his style. He wrote some fifteen hundred compositions, many of which, like "Mood Indigo" and "Sophisticated Lady," remain beloved standards, and he sought inspiration in an endless string of transient lovers, concealing his inner self behind a smiling mask of flowery language and ironic charm.

As the biographer of Louis Armstrong, Terry Teachout is uniquely qualified to tell the story of the public and private lives of Duke Ellington....

SUMMARY: I am Tommy Lee, born Thomas Lee Bass in Athens, Greece, on October 3, 1962, and raised in a suburb of California by an American father and a Greek mother. At seventeen, I joined Mötley Crüe and we became one of the baddest-ass rock bands in history. We sold over 40 million albums, we wreaked havoc, we scared parents, and we titillated too many fathers' daughters. I've been married three times: once for just a few days to a Penthouse Pet, for seven years to Heather Locklear, and then for five years to Pamela Anderson, with whom I have two beautiful sons. I've gotten into a lot of fights and I've been to jail a few times.But this book isn't your typical journey in a straight line from day one to day now. I'm more interested in revealing what's most important about my life, like how I cook my steaks; what I think of the tabloids, the truth, my ex-wives, my ex-band, my music; and what an innocent observer might find hanging around my house any given Sunday. You'll get plenty of facts and I'll tell you a story, but my real mission here is to paint you a picture of my life. I want to show you how my memories smell.I'd like to get into it now, so please take your seats. I advise you to keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times. If you have a pacemaker, a heart condition, or if you are pregnant or too damn short to reach the safety bar, I ask that you turn back immediately. Those with weak stomachs, strict morals, or chronic indigestion should put the book down now. For the rest of you, there's one truth that's real across the board: What you send out is what you get back. Send out the good, people, and it will come back to you. There's another thing I've learned over the years, in court, in fights, and in arguments with people I love: There isn't one truth, there are many. This book is my truth.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
390.98 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Music Memoirs Bundle Two_11 Titles (Various)