Neurosociology: The Nexus Between Neuroscience and Social Psychology by David Franks [Dr.Soc]

seeders: 11
leechers: 10
Added on December 22, 2015 by Dr.Socin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Neurosociology: The Nexus Between Neuroscience and Social Psychology by David Franks [Dr.Soc] (Size: 4.09 MB)
 Neurosociology_ The Nexus Between Neuroscience and Social Psychology [Dr.Soc].pdf4.09 MB

Description

Neurosociology: The Nexus Between Neuroscience and Social Psychology

Author: David Franks
Hardcover: 216 pages
Publisher: Springer; 1st ed. 2010 edition (April 15, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1441955305
ISBN-13: 978-1441955302
Format: PDF

Summary:

As a career sociologist I first became interested in neurosociology around 1987 when a graduate student lent me Michael Gazzaniga’s The Social Brain. Ifthe biological human brain was really social, I thought sociologists and their students should be the first, not the last, to know. As I read on I found little of the clumsy reductionism of the earlier biosociologists whom I had learned to see as the archemy of our field. Clearly, reductionism does exist among many neuroscientists. But I also found some things that were very social and quite relevant for sociology. After reading Descarte’s Error by Antonio Damasio, I learned how some types of emotion were necessary for rational thought – a very radical innovation for the long-honored “objective rationalist. ” I started inserting some things about split-brain research into my classes, mispronouncing terms like amygdala and being corrected by my s- dents. That instruction helped me realize how much we professors needed to catch up with our students. I also wrote a review of Leslie Brothers’ Fridays Footprint: How Society Shapes the Human Mind. I thought if she could write so well about social processes maybe I could attempt to do something similar in connection with my ?eld. For several years I found her an e-mail partner with a wonderful sense of humor. She even retrieved copies of her book for the use of my graduate students when I had assigned it for a seminar.
[Amazon]

Seed, Share, Gain knowledge || Don't forget to give thumbs up

For any problem with my uploads or trouble with downloading, please PM me. Thanks.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.09 MB
seeders:11
leechers:10
Neurosociology: The Nexus Between Neuroscience and Social Psychology by David Franks [Dr.Soc]