Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York (1994)[Flac Cue][TntVillage]

seeders: 9
leechers: 12
Added on May 24, 2014 by leoneneroin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Nirvana
  • Format: flac - lossless

Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York (1994)[Flac Cue][TntVillage] (Size: 326.85 MB)
 01 - About A Girl.flac23.71 MB
 02 - Come As You Are.flac26.95 MB
 03 - Jesus doesn't want me for a sunbeam.flac27.14 MB
 04 - The man who sold the world.flac27.28 MB
 05 - Pennyroyal tea.flac20.7 MB
 06 - Dumb.flac18.4 MB
 07 - Polly.flac19.29 MB
 08 - On A Plain.flac23.18 MB
 09 - Something In The Way.flac21.62 MB
 10 - plateau.flac21.48 MB
 11 - Oh me.flac20.6 MB
 12 - Lake of fire.flac18.31 MB
 13 - All Apologies.flac25.73 MB
 14 - Where did you sleep last night.flac30.5 MB
 Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York (other).cue2.02 KB
 Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York (other).m3u362 bytes
 Cover - Back.jpg181.4 KB
 Cover - CD.jpg641.33 KB
 Cover - front.jpg561.59 KB
 Cover - Inside.jpg597.03 KB
 ripping.log5.47 KB

Description

Artist...............: Nirvana
Album................: MTV Unplugged in New York
Genre................: Grunge
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 1994
Ripper...............: Exact Audio Copy (Secure mode) & Acer CD-R/RW 4X4X32
Codec................: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Version..............: reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
Quality..............: Lossless, (avg. compression: 60 %)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 HZ / 16 Bit
Tags.................: VorbisComment
Information..........: TntVillage

Ripped by............: leonenero on 18/05/2014
Posted by............: leonenero on 24/05/2014
News Server..........: news.astraweb.com
News Group(s)........: alt.binaries.sounds.flac.full_TntVillage

Included.............: M3U, LOG, CUE
Covers...............: Front Back CD

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracklisting
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lake Of Fire [02.55]
2. Polly [03.16]
3. Where Did You Sleep Last Night [05.06]
4. All Apologies [04.23]
5. Something In The Way [04.01]
6. Plateau [03.38]
7. On A Plain [03.44]
8. Oh Me [03.26]
9. About A Girl [03.38]
10. Come As You Are [04.13]
11. Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam [04.37]
12. The Man Who Sold The World [04.21]
13. Pennyroyal Tea [03.40]
14. Dumb [02.52]

Playing Time.........: 53.56
Total Size...........: 324,91 MB

Nirvana's Unplugged remains one of the band's most majestic moments. Coming hot off the heels of the noisy In Utero album, the band decided to stop into MTV's studios in New York City and play an acoustic set that completely erased any notions that they were just a simple "grunge" band. Kurt Cobain seems completely relaxed throughout, and he gives some staggeringly beautiful vocal performances. Dave Grohl plays the drums with wire brushes and demonstrates that he was just as capable of subtle shading as he was at hard-hitting fury. Krist Novoselic proves himself to be a worthwhile musician as well, playing accordion on "Jesus Doen't Want Me For a Sunbeam" in additon to playing a very solid-yet-laid back acoustic bass. Add former Germs guitarist Pat Smear to the lineup, as well as a guest appearance by the Kirkwood brothers of Tempe band the Meat Puppets, and you have all of the ingredients of that legendary November 1993 night.
All of the most obvious choices from Nevermind are featured here, "Polly," and "Something in the Way" of course, but their acoustic rendering of "On a Plain" is both relevatory and surprising, since I would not have expected them to include this song, and what's more it actually works as an acoustic! The classic "Come As You Are" is given more subtlely and emotion here, and that flanged guitar solo sounds positively stunning on an acoustic (actually he was using a half-acoustic/half-electric hybrid). The band also delivers some of the most mature songs from In Utero, too. "Dumb" sounds both blissful and melancholy at the same time, "All Apologies" is one of the highlights here, and "Pennyroyal Tea" stands as one of Kurt's most emotionally naked moments (I actually like the version here better).
Like the Beatles before him, Kurt Cobain had the uncanny ability to take any cover song and make it his own. From Devo to Leadbelly, David Bowie to the Vaselines, Kurt made it sound like all of these songs were his own, and he does this beautifully here as well, especially on their rendition of Bowie's "Man Who Sold the World," and of course, Leadbelly's "Where Did You Sleep Last Night." The latter has to be one of Nirvana's most chilling moments of all time, especially near the close of the song, where Kurt is giving it his all. Then, with an impassioned cry of "SHIVEEERRRRR!" he pauses for a couple of seconds before finishing the line. At this moment, I have to say the silence is deafening and is absolutely haunting in the purest sense of the word. It seems ironic that a band who was known for noisy live performances could rip walls out (and hearts) with two seconds of silence. This, if nothing else, stands as a testament to Nirvana's gifts.
As life affirming as this can be to listen to, sometimes it can also be quite sad knowing that this is ultimately the last word from Nirvana before Kurt's untimely death. But if this was the band's (and Kurt's) swan song, it is certainly the best finale that one can have, and I would certainly want something this beautiful to be my farewell, too. Even ten years later (God, has it been that long already?), Nirvana's Unplugged session remains as fresh as it was at the time, and stands as one of their very best live performances (as well as their most unique). Whether you are a casual fan or a diehard, this album is not to be missed and you are doing yourself a grave injustice if you skip out. This isn't just an Unplugged session, it is an experience.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
326.85 MB
seeders:9
leechers:12
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York (1994)[Flac Cue][TntVillage]

All Comments

Thanks.