Obscure Female Blues Guitarists-Sue Foley, Debbie Davis, Rory Block etc EAC FLAC

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on December 17, 2015 by RonChattin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Obscure Female Blues Guitarists-Sue Foley, Debbie Davis, Rory Block etc EAC FLAC (Size: 2.16 GB)
 Female Blues Guitarists.docx17.76 KB
 ~$male Blues Guitarists.docx162 bytes
 Back.jpg2.55 MB
 Bonnie Raitt - Bonnie Raitt.cue1.49 KB
 Bonnie Raitt - Bonnie Raitt.flac200.72 MB
 Bonnie Raitt - Bonnie Raitt.jpg1.88 MB
 Bonnie Raitt - Bonnie Raitt.log7.66 KB
 Front.jpg1.88 MB
 Inner 1.jpg1.25 MB
 Inner 2.jpg2.15 MB
 Inner 3.jpg799.5 KB
 Back.jpg2.98 MB
 Debbie Davies - Picture This.cue1.64 KB
 Debbie Davies - Picture This.flac340.29 MB
 Debbie Davies - Picture This.jpg2.87 MB
 Debbie Davies - Picture This.log8 KB
 Front.jpg2.87 MB
 Inner 1.jpg1.85 MB
 Inner 2.jpg3.19 MB
 Back.jpg2.78 MB
 Eric Bibb, Rory Block & Maria Muldaur - Sisters & Brothers.cue2.31 KB
 Eric Bibb, Rory Block & Maria Muldaur - Sisters & Brothers.flac302.69 MB
 Eric Bibb, Rory Block & Maria Muldaur - Sisters & Brothers.jpg2.78 MB
 Eric Bibb, Rory Block & Maria Muldaur - Sisters & Brothers.log8.56 KB
 Front.jpg2.55 MB
 Inner 1.jpg2.01 MB
 Inner 2.jpg3.59 MB
 Inner 3.jpg2.96 MB
 Back.jpg1.51 MB
 Front.jpg1.13 MB
 Inner 1.jpg1.25 MB
 Inner 2.jpg690.56 KB
 Rory Block - I've Got A Rock in My Sock!.cue1.29 KB
 Rory Block - I've Got A Rock in My Sock!.flac190.51 MB
 Rory Block - I've Got A Rock in My Sock!.jpg1.13 MB
 Rory Block - I've Got A Rock in My Sock!.log7.1 KB
 back0001.jpg2.15 MB
 Front.jpg1.79 MB
 Inner 1.jpg2.61 MB
 Inner 2.jpg2.87 MB
 Inner 3.jpg2.22 MB
 Inner 4.jpg1.91 MB
 Rory Block - When A Woman Gets The Blues.cue1.69 KB
 Rory Block - When A Woman Gets The Blues.flac225.8 MB
 Rory Block - When A Woman Gets The Blues.jpg1.79 MB
 Rory Block - When A Woman Gets The Blues.log8.68 KB
 Back.jpg4.12 MB
 Foley, Sue - Walk In The Sun.cue1.27 KB
 Foley, Sue - Walk In The Sun.flac277.51 MB
 Foley, Sue - Walk In The Sun.jpg3.24 MB
 Foley, Sue - Walk In The Sun.log7.73 KB
 Front.jpg3.24 MB
 Inner 1.jpg6.22 MB
 Inner 2.jpg14.73 MB
 Inner 3.jpg4.45 MB
 Back.jpg3.09 MB
 Front.jpg2.05 MB
 Inner 1.jpg1.34 MB
 Inner 2.jpg1.99 MB
 Sue Foley - Young Girl Blues.cue1.44 KB
 Sue Foley - Young Girl Blues.flac227.94 MB
 Sue Foley - Young Girl Blues.jpg2.05 MB
 Sue Foley - Young Girl Blues.log7.67 KB
 Back.jpg2.12 MB
 Front.jpg1.27 MB
 Inner 1.jpg2.15 MB
 Inner 2.jpg937.39 KB
 Inner 3.jpg5.85 MB
 Price, Toni - Midnight Pumpkin.cue1.7 KB
 Price, Toni - Midnight Pumpkin.flac325.07 MB
 Price, Toni - Midnight Pumpkin.jpg1.27 MB
 Price, Toni - Midnight Pumpkin.log8.31 KB

Description

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageCLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES

Female Blues Guitarists

Most women blues guitarists and even singers are quite under recognized in the male dominated industry. Which is not to say they do not exist and cannot match chops with the best of the best-as you will see.

Here is the lineup.

Bonnie Raitt-self titled album from 1971.
Although she is a very well-known singer, most people may not remember that she was a straight up blues guitar player who performed standard old time blues. This album includes Junior Wells on harp, and songs by Sippie Wallace and Robert Johnson.

Debbie Davis-Picture This (1993)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkg12ljZd9Y
She was once LEAD guitar player for Albert Collins, himself a talented blues guitar player who guests on this album. Songs include those by Freddie King and Fleecie Moore.

Rory Block with Eric Bibb and Maria Muldaur-Sisters and Brothers (2003)
Watch her NAIL a Robert Johnson slide guitar piece here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaK4x7TLQ3E
Rory Block has been around since the 1960s and was tutored in the blues by Son House, Stefan Grossman and the Rev. Gary Davis. She even at the early age of 16 had an instructional LP on blues guitar playing. She has won three ‘Acoustic Blues Album of the Year’ WC Handy awards. Features songs by Bill Withers, Bob Dylan and original material

Rory Block-When a Woman Gets the Blues (1995)
You got to read the accompanying liner notes. Feature songs by Charlie Patton, Son House, Skip James, Blind Wille McTell

Sue Foley-Young Girl Blues (1992)
https://www.youtube.com/watc...tQSZNDL4DzhRDUDX&index=1
Sue Foley was born to a working-class family, Foley grew up listening to her father play and sing Irish folk songs. After seeing James Cotton perform when she was 15, she made the lifelong decision to play blues guitar. At 16, Foley started playing professionally around Ottawa with local blues bands. By 21, she was living in Austin, Texas, and recording for legendary blues label Antone’s Records. Her first CD Young Girl Blues quickly established her unique talents as a blues guitarist and songwriter. Throughout the 90’s she took to the road with her paisley Telecaster and honed her craft working/sharing the stage with such artists as BB King, Buddy Guy, Lucinda Williams and Tom Petty. In 1997 she moved back to Canada to raise her son. Foley was also an excellent and advanced voice student of Cantor Stephen Chaiet of the NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing of America). In 2000, her home country honored her with her first Juno Award (Canada's premier music awards): Best Blues Album for her CD Love Comin’ Down.[2] Since 1999, she has received a record-setting 17 Maple Blues Awards, and 3 Trophées de blues in France. Sue also received a nomination for the prestigious W.C. Handy Award for best contemporary female artist in 2003.

Sue Foley-Walk in the Sun (1996)
Includes scans of a 11x9 poster that was a fold out from the CD liner notes.

Toni Price-Midnight Pumpkin (2001)
https://www.youtube.com/watc...K4arDtqdw48dQ1P&index=13
Price was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Her adoptive parents, the Prices, named her Luiese Esther after her grandmothers. Her first exposure to blues was through second-generation blueswoman Bonnie Raitt. Luiese later began to study the recordings of women blues singers such as Sippie Wallace and Victoria Spivey, from whose music Raitt herself had learned.
Luiese moved to New Jersey, where she started schooling and began singing, then moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where a summer parks program featured a talent contest in her 10th year, which she entered as Toni Price. This was her first recorded appearance on a Nashville stage, belting out "One Tin Soldier". Price's conservative family wasn't particularly musical: "Since I was adopted, they didn't know what to expect of me, and I believe you're born to do whatever it is you do - that maybe my [birth] parents were musical. Maybe not. But I knew as a little bitty child I was going to be a singer. I didn't know how you did it or know any musicians, but I knew I would get there." [1]
Price musically grew in Nashville, where she recorded a few country and western singles. However, she felt frustrated by the 'rigid' Nashville music industry. She accepted an invitation to play the South by Southwest music festival in Austin in 1989. The town's music fans "just responded so lovingly that I said that's it. I know where I belong." [2] Here she met and learned from the locals, who included Clifford Antone, owner of Antone's blues nightclub, and Austin-area guitarists such as Derek O'Brien, who produced her second album, "Hey".[3] Shortly after she began singing in country bars in Nashville, she met songwriter Gwil Owen, who wrote eight (one co-written) of the 15 songs on her debut, Swim Away (1993). Price cites vocalists Aretha Franklin, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Patsy Cline, and Ray Charles as her major influences.[4]
Swim Away and Price's second album, Hey (1995), received praise from both fans and critics. She has been often compared with Patsy Cline ("Patsy Cline on a Harley") and Bonnie Raitt. Price has won numerous awards, including Female Vocalist of the Year (1994–97), Album of the Year (Hey), Song of the Year ("Tumbleweed"), and Blues Artist of the Year.[5] Her third album, Sol Power, was recorded at a club in Texas's remote town of Alpine. Sol Power (1999) is an acoustic live set from the Railroad Blues Club - in a tiny town in the picturesque southwestern desert lands of Texas. The landscape there inspired the band to, in Toni's words, "take it to the limit." Low Down and Up (1999) followed, and then came Midnight Pumpkin, (2001), Born to Be Blue (2003) and Talk Memphis (2007).
Except for infrequent appearances in Houston, Dallas, or an occasional music festival elsewhere, Price stays close to home and her daughter. "I have a sweet situation here," Price told John Burnett of NPR. "I don't have to go anywhere. People come and see me and I'm so, so lucky."[2] Price performed at the wedding of Julia Roberts and Daniel Moder in Taos, New Mexico, on July 4, 2002.
Price has always performed music on her own terms; she refuses to go out and regularly did not even stand up while performing [6] every Tuesday night for 15 years until June 2007 at the Continental Club in Austin, where music lovers feel that Toni Price has the same star potential as other musical talents such as Jimmie Vaughan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Lyle Lovett, and Nanci Griffith that the town produced.[2]
"My favorite thing someone says to one of my friends is, 'Why isn't she famous?' I love when they say that because that means they think maybe I'm good enough to be famous. To me, famous looks like a lot of work."
Price relocated to San Diego in June 2007, but two years later, in June 2009, she moved back to Austin.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.16 GB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Obscure Female Blues Guitarists-Sue Foley, Debbie Davis, Rory Block etc EAC FLAC