Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay [HD Tracks] 24.192

seeders: 56
leechers: 15
Added on June 30, 2014 by polituxin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay [HD Tracks] 24.192 (Size: 1.21 GB)
 7-Im Coming Home To See About.flac124 MB
 6-The Glory Of Love.flac115.6 MB
 8-Tramp.flac117.33 MB
 9-The HuckleBuck.flac121.92 MB
 Cover.jpg54.26 KB
 5-Dont Mess With Cupid.flac103.45 MB
 4-Open The Door.flac95.21 MB
 10-Nobody Knows You When Youre.flac122.06 MB
 11-Ole Man Trouble.flac101.68 MB
 2-I Love You More Than Words C.flac117.35 MB
 3-Let Me Come On Home.flac114.85 MB
 1-Sittin On The Dock Of The Ba.flac109.37 MB

Description

Genre: Rhythm and Blues
Style: Soul
Source: 2012 ATCO Records HD Tracks
Codec: FLAC
Bitrate: ~ 5,400 kbps
Bit Depth: 24
Sample Rate: 192 kHz

01 (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay
02 Love You More Than Words Can Say
03 Let Me Come On Home
04 Open the Door
05 Don't Mess with Cupid
06 The Glory of Love
07 I'm Coming Home to See About You
08 Tramp
09 The Huckle-Buck
10 Nobody Knows You (When You're Down and Out)
11 Ole Man Trouble

It was never supposed to be like this: "(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay" was supposed to mark a beginning of a new phase in Otis Redding's career, not an ending. Producer/guitarist Steve Cropper had a difficult task to perform in pulling together this album, the first of several posthumous releases issued by Stax/Volt in the wake of Otis Redding's death. What could have been a cash-in effort or a grim memorial album instead became a vivid, exciting presentation of some key aspects of the talent that was lost when Redding died. Dock of the Bay is, indeed, a mixed bag of singles and B-sides going back to July of 1965, one hit duet with Carla Thomas, and a pair of previously unissued tracks from 1966 and 1967, respectively. There's little cohesion, stylistic or otherwise, in the songs, especially when the title track is taken into consideration -- nothing else here resembles it, for the obvious reason that Redding never had a chance to follow it up. Despite the mix-and-match nature of the album, however, this is an impossible record not to love. Cropper chose his tracks well, selecting some of the strongest and most unusual among the late singer's orphaned songs: "I Love You More Than Words Can Say" is one of Redding's most passionate performances; "Let Me Come on Home" presents an ebullient Otis Redding accompanied by some sharp playing; and "Don't Mess With Cupid" begins with a gorgeous guitar flourish and blooms into an intense, pounding, soaring showcase for singer and band alike. No one could complain about the album then, and it still holds more than four decades later.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.21 GB
seeders:56
leechers:15

All Comments

thanks man!!