Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil - Live from Irvine Meadows, CA '82 [Kosjeyr]

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on January 18, 2014 by Kosjeyrin Movies
Torrent verified.

Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil - Live from Irvine Meadows, CA '82 [Kosjeyr] (Size: 1 GB)
 Booklet Back.jpg312.74 KB
 Booklet Front.jpg417.97 KB
 DVD Case Cover (Inside).jpg417.64 KB
 DVD Case Cover (Outside).jpg857.43 KB
 Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil - Live from Irvine Meadows, CA '82.mp41022.04 MB
 Page 2-3.jpg948.49 KB
 Page 3-4.jpg760.66 KB
 Page 5-6.jpg497.45 KB

Description

Ozzy Osbourne's "Speak of the Devil" was filmed at Irving Meadows, California on June 12, 1982. Following the tragic death of guitarist Randy Rhoads, the "Diary of a Madman" tour continued, with Brad Gillis on guitar. The concert is a perfect snapshot of Ozzy's live performances in the eighties with dramatic staging and masses of energy with a setlist based around his first two solo albums, along with Black Sabbath classics. In addition to Gillis, Ozzy is joined on stage by Rudy Sarzo (bass), Don Airey (keyboards) and Tommy Aldridge (drums).

In Booklet *written by Rudy Sarzo*:
I still get chills every time I watch the footage of the powerful performances delivered by the Ozzy Osbourne Band on that 1982 cool summer evening at Irvine Meadows, California as they were captured on the "Speak of the Devil" DVD.

This is Ozzy Osbourne at his best. In complete control of the crowd and in total command of his always explosive performance. His haunting voice piercing through every soul of the sold out crowd as he relentlessly bolted and bounced across the stage while delivering both "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman" albums - metal classics such as "Over the Mountain", "Mr. Crowley", "Crazy Train", "Revelation (Mother Earth)", "Steal Away the Night", "Believer", "I Don't Know", "Goodbye to Romance", "Flying High Again", "Suicide Solution" and his Black Sabbath era staples "Iron Man/Children of the Grave" and "Paranoid".

The rest of the band: Tommy Aldridge thundering throughout the set from the first to the last pounding of his drums takes it to a higher level as he tosses the drum sticks and kicks into his bare hands slamming drum solo as only he can, reminding us why he is one of Rock's most revered and iconic drummers. Brad Gillis on guitar does an outstanding job in what must have been the biggest challenge of his career, assuming the role of Ozzy's guitar player shortly after Randy Rhoads' passing. Keyboardist Don Airey plays an integral part in maintaining Rhoads' musical essence as he doubles his thematic guitar solos on his Mini Moog keyboard throughout the performance. As for me, being a member of the Ozzy Osbourne Band has been the touchstone of my career.. So it is with great pride and joy that I express to you what a thrill it was for me to be a part of this unforgettable performance.

But to simply say that this was a great show would undermine the true significance of this event which culminated our North American tour after nearly 6 months on the road marked with musical milestones, tragedy and triumph of the spirit.

On December 30th, 1981 Ozzy, Randy, Tommy, Donn and I embarked on the massive Diary of a Madman Tour with the most ambitious arena production of its time, a masterful decision that would forever forge Ozzy's name onto the pantheon of metal. The center piece of our stage was a massive medieval castle with simulated stone arches framing a stained glass window measuring over 20 feet high and serving as the backdrop for the drums and a series of special effects during the show, such as hanging by a noose Little John, the hooded cloak Dwarf, during our ballad. The set was embellished with various props such as iron crosses and flaming torches to accentuate the gothic motif. Flanking the center structure were gated portcullises topped with ivy covered medieval balconies. The showpiece of the set was an eight-step high staircase that doubles as a massive seven foot drum riser as well as the platform on which the king's throne from which Ozzy would magically appear at the start of the show.

For the next six months we crisscrossed North America in a whirlwind of spectacular performances which have made this tour legendary. There never seemed to be a dull moment on and off the stage as Ozzy occupied himself with mischievous antics such as the biting the head of the bat and the Alamo incidents. The filming of this performance, originally broadcast on MTV in 1982 on Halloween night, had been planned for months and everyone in the band was looking forward to documenting this magnificent spectacle.

But the brutal impact of Randy's tragic plane crash completely changed the tone of the tour. It was decided soon thereafter to carry on with the remaining dates. I dread to think what would've happened to Ozzy in such a fragile mental state if the tour had been cancelled. So the search for a guitarist that could do justice to Randy's musical contributions and memory began. After a brief stint by British guitarist Bernie Torme, Brad Gillis joined the band allowing us to carry on.

So when you watch this footage and hear Ozzy reaching the deepest recess of his soul delivering every vocal line like there's no tomorrow while the band furiously backs him up, please realize that this is no ordinary performance, you are witnessing a celebration of a once in a lifetime musical partnership, friendship, and a triumph of the human spirit.

- Rudy Sarzo
May 2012

Setlist:
Over the Mountain
Mr. Crowley
Crazy Train
Revelation (Mother Earth)
Steal Away (The Night)
Suicide Solution
Guitar/Drum Solo
Goodbye to Romance
I Don't Know