Packrat's Smokehouse - 1998 - Edge Of The Swamp [EAC FLAC] (Blues)

seeders: 4
leechers: 2
Added on February 7, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Packrat's Smokehouse - 1998 - Edge Of The Swamp [EAC FLAC] (Blues) (Size: 361.75 MB)
 Back.jpg910.27 KB
 booklet.jpg7.14 MB
 CD.jpg640.41 KB
 Front.jpg1.26 MB
 audiochecker.log264 bytes
 Smokehouse - Edge Of The Swamp.cue1.6 KB
 Smokehouse - Edge Of The Swamp.log4.91 KB
 01 - Them Jelly Blues.flac21.45 MB
 02 - Creepin' Blues.flac26.76 MB
 03 - Son Of A King.flac27.29 MB
 04 - Hoodoo Lover.flac35.19 MB
 05 - Swamp Jukin'.flac22.09 MB
 06 - Haints In My House.flac28.78 MB
 07 - Hoy Hoy Hoy.flac29.33 MB
 08 - Credit Card Blues.flac25.25 MB
 09 - Go Down Moses.flac50.5 MB
 10 - What's Your Flavor Baby.flac22.09 MB

Description

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Packrat's Smokehouse - 1998 - Edge Of The Swamp

[EAC FLAC]

Packrat's Smokehouse

The lowdown guitar sound of Robert ''Town Crier'' Thomas. The deep Blues vocals and harp playing of Anthony ''Packrat'' Thompson that make you think of the pine flatwoods and cypress bottoms of Central Florida. The swamp sound of Baton Rouge has spread and taken root in these steamy Florida lowlands. The Town Crier is from New Smyrna Beach; Packrat is from Lake Helen. Although they have shared bandstands since the late 1970's, It wasn't until 1988 that they began to explore their common roots and their love of the Blues. They recruited Gary and Ture to provide a fat bottom and they began to hypnotize audiences throughout the South-East with their simple, straight-forward and powerful music. Don't expect Rock-Blues pyrotechnics of trick arrangements… or even the familiar, horn-lead King Snake sound! This is straight down-home Blues, played with emotion and conviction. The Swamp Blues… Florida style and as only Smokehouse can play'em!

Edge Of The Swamp

Release Date: April 21, 1998
Label: Kingsnake Records [KS 044]
Genre: Modern Electric Blues, Harmonica Blues
Styles: Louisiana Blues, Modern Delta Blues, Swamp Blues, Regional Blues
Total Time: 56:35

AllMusic Review by Cub Koda:
Smokehouse continues to mine the Louisiana Excello groove for all it's worth on this, their fourth release. But rather than just replicating a stack of old Excello 45s by Lightnin' Slim, Slim Harpo and Lazy Lester, et al, the group wisely chooses to utilize the sound and style as a launching pad for their own derivations. Anthony "Packrat" Thompson keeps his vocals impassioned and his harp-blowing economical and soulful, while the rest of the group never overplays and keeps the groove well focused on every tune aboard. Highlights are bountiful, but special attention should be paid to "Credit Card Blues," "Them Jelly Blues," "Haints In My House," the Slim Harpo-influenced "Biscuit Roller" and the closer, "95 South (The High Sheriff From Hell)," winners all.

01. Them Jelly Blues (3:25)
02. Creepin' Blues (4:25)
03. Son Of A King (4:08)
04. Hoodoo Lover (5:43)
05. Swamp Jukin' (3:18)
06. Haints In My House (4:51)
07. Hoy Hoy Hoy (4:51)
08. Credit Card Blues (4:16)
09. Go Down Moses (8:01)
10. What's Your Flavor Baby (3:32)
11. Bisquit Roller (4:53)
12. 95 South (The High Sheriff Form Hell) (5:14)

Note:
This is not my rip. I found it on the internet with no uploader information and thought I'd share it.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
361.75 MB
seeders:4
leechers:2
Packrat's Smokehouse - 1998 - Edge Of The Swamp [EAC FLAC] (Blues)