PBS Nova - S35E13 - Ape Genius

seeders: 9
leechers: 1
Added on May 11, 2013 by in TV
Torrent verified.

PBS Nova - S35E13 - Ape Genius (Size: 500.18 MB)
 PBS.Nova.-.S35E13.-.Ape.Genius.mp4500.18 MB

Description

"At a research site in Fongoli, Senegal, a female chimpanzee breaks off a branch, chews the end to make it sharp, and then uses this rudimentary spear to skewer a tasty bush baby hiding inside a hollow tree. ItΓÇÖs an astonishing breakthrough for primate researchersΓÇöthe first time anyone has documented a chimpanzee wielding a carefully prepared, preplanned weapon. But it's only the latest in a slew of extraordinary new findings about ape behavior.

The more researchers learn about the great apesΓÇöchimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and orangutansΓÇöthe more evidence they find of creative intelligence. What, then, is the essential difference between them and us? "Ape Genius," a NOVA-National Geographic special, explores that provocative question and examines research that is illuminating the ape mind. Bit by bit, investigators are finding an explanation for why the non-human great apes never made the breakthrough into a human-style culture that builds on the achievements of previous generations."

File: PBS.Nova.-.S35E13.-.Ape.Genius.mp4 (500MB)
Resolution: 716x480 (native DVD), 16:9 aspect ratio
Audio: AAC 48kHz 128kb/s stereo
Video: H-264 MPEG-4, 29.97fps
Subtitles: English
Encoding: Handbrake, RF=25
Originally broadcast: 2008-Feb-19

Note: Wikipedia calls this episode S35E07 (all of their episode numbers seem to differ from here.)

This episode has been posted twice ( http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/4347253/NOVA_Ape_Genius_HDTV_XviD_MiRAGETV and http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/4038322/Nova.S35E12.Ape.Genius.HR.HDTV.XviD-K4RM4.avi ) but both seem to be dead, so I'm happy to give back for the almost two hundred episodes of this amazing show that I've found here.

Please seed to 100% or higher so that this torrent doesn't go the way of the others! My upstream isn't the fastest (max. about 50kBps) so be patient and you'll get your file.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
500.18 MB
seeders:9
leechers:1
PBS Nova - S35E13 - Ape Genius