Peter Mulvey - Silver Ladder [2014] [FLAC]

seeders: 11
leechers: 5
Added on January 5, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Peter Mulvey - Silver Ladder [2014] [FLAC] (Size: 198.65 MB)
 11 If You Shoot At A King You Must Kill Him.flac26.07 MB
 10 Copenhagen Airport.flac14.25 MB
 12 Landfall.flac5.19 MB
 Silver Ladder.cue2.9 KB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 Silver Ladder.log12.59 KB
 09 Back In The Wind.flac18.27 MB
 08 Josephine.flac16.51 MB
 03 Sympathies.flac16.16 MB
 02 You Don't Have To Tell Me.flac16.5 MB
 04 Remember The Milkman.flac13.41 MB
 05 What Else Was It.flac19.68 MB
 07 Where did you go.flac20.66 MB
 06 Trempealeau.flac18.11 MB
 01 Lies You Forgot You Told.flac13.81 MB

Description

Peter Mulvey - Silver Ladder [2014][FLAC]

FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Label/Cat#: Signature Sounds #SIG 2062
Year: April 1, 2014
Genre: americana folk
Format: CD

01. Lies You Forgot You Told (2:24)
02. You Don't Have To Tell Me (2:29)
03. Sympathies (2:32)
04. Remember The Milkman? (2:47)
05. What Else Was It? (3:40)
06. Trempealeau (3:15)
07. Where Did You Go? (3:41)
08. Josephine (2:58)
09. Back In The Wind (2:55)
10. Copenhagen Airport (2:25)
11. If You Shoot At A King You Must Kill Him (4:25)
12. Landfall (1:07)

Mulvey has been recording and touring for the past 20+ years and whilst his music has mostly passed me by, my fellow writers at Americana UK hold him in great stead, so I’d better be spot on with this review. You don’t want to get on the wrong side of some of those guys.
As you’d expect from a performer and songwriter with such a pedigree, this is his 18th (dependent on whose stats you believe) album, and Mulvey has played with the great and the good of the folk and Americana scene that includes Emmylou Harris, Richard Thompson, Greg Brown plus numerous others and he’s recruited Chuck Prophet to play guitar and produce this album. I have an interesting story I could relay at this time about my brief encounter with Prophet at one of his gigs at The Borderline many years ago, but I shall park it for now; you can read all about it when I release my autobiography.

As an artist Mulvey isn’t just interested in producing music and touring in support of the latest release, although he does spend a lot of time on the road away from his native Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but when at home he hosts his annual “In the Round” gigs and he also does an annual Autumn tour entirely on a bicycle, and teaches guitar and song-writing across the US. Presumably whilst not travelling there on his bike!

Funded by his supporters via the Kickstarter site and raising three times more than his original target, ‘Silver Ladder’ doesn’t disappoint. If, like me, you’d heard of Mulvey but didn’t know what to expect, but by some form of osmosis have realised that you don’t get to last as long as he has in the music biz, without having the relevant musical chops and chutzpah, then it shouldn’t come as any surprise that this album cuts the music mustard that will continue to garner him more fans around the world.

‘Lies You Forgot You Told’ kicks the album off full of confidence and probably refers to the turbulent part of his life he’s recently emerged from; and the details of that episode are unclear, but there may be a clue in the title. ‘You Don’t Have To Tell Me’ bounces along with the “I Already Know” response in the refrain. Track three ‘Sympathies’ continues in the same up-tempo anthemic vein and explores the loyalties of an un-named individual.

For the past year, Mulvey committed himself to writing one song a week and they came flooding out and he ended up with more than enough for 'Silver Ladder'. Presumably there are a few tucked away in preparation for his next outing? The slightly funky ‘What Else Was It?” lays down a cool groove that allows some subtle guitar playing from Prophet (or is it fellow Mission Express guitarist James DePrato?). ‘Trempealeau’ is a beautiful acoustic led love song that examines honesty and I assume refers to the Wisconsin vacation spot, whereby perhaps love ended? Nickel Creek’s Sara Watkins accompanies Mulvey on ‘Where Did You Go?’ and whilst it’s a good enough song, there’s something about it that doesn’t engage these ears. ‘Copenhagen Airport’ is a seemingly a swampy tinged guitar instrumental groove, until he repeats the simple two lines of lyric midway through.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
198.65 MB
seeders:11
leechers:5
Peter Mulvey - Silver Ladder [2014] [FLAC]