[Peter Roebuck]In It To Win It : The Australian Cricket Supremacy(pdf){Zzzzz}

seeders: 6
leechers: 2
Added on January 15, 2015 by zombie_roxin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

[Peter Roebuck]In It To Win It : The Australian Cricket Supremacy(pdf){Zzzzz} (Size: 877.5 KB)
 [Peter Roebuck]In It To Win It The Australian Cricket Supremacy(pdf){Zzzzz}.pdf877.5 KB

Description

Australia's leading cricket writer describes and analyses Australia's cricket supremacy over the last three decades - the players, the tactics, the controversies. What is it about the Australian cricket team that has propelled them to the top of world cricket? Australia's win in the 1987 World Cup in India surprised the cricketing world. There were so few expectations placed on the event that the ABC didn't even send a commentary team. But what was the factor that made this team special? Was it the Waugh factor? Why have the Australians been able to dominate the world game? From his long-term vantage point as writer and commentator Roebuck is able not only to paint vivid match-by-match pictures of numerous successes and occasional failures but also to analyse the mental and tactical strength which inspired the long-term success of the Australian team. He puts the last three decades under the microscope, as he looks at the contribution Boon and Border, Waugh and Warnie, McGrath and Gilchrist and many others, have made to the Australian supremacy. From the era of the Chappells and the early days of World Series Cricket to the best Ashes series ever, Roebuck casts his eye over both the hubris and the hurly burly of Australian cricket.

Publisher: Allen & Unwin (September 8, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1741145430
ISBN-13: 978-1741145434

Editorial Reviews
About the Author

Peter Roebuck graduated in Law from Cambridge University, and played for Somerset as an opening batsman for some fifteen years, the last few as captain. In the late seventies he started spending the 'off season' in Australia, first of all as a teacher at Cranbrook and then as a fulltime journalist and commentator. He is the author of numerous books and has edited the Australian edition of Wisden: The Cricketer's Bible.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Great read if a little selective
By Andrew Smith on May 9, 2010

I really enjoyed reading this book - all in one sitting on a flight to Singapore. It adds an inciteful and captivating description of the rise of the Australian juggernaut that ruled cricket for the last decade. There were also interesting peaks into the rise (and fall) of World Series Cricket and the emergence of player power. I guess my only dissapointment was that the narrative ignored some important Test series altogether, principally because they distracted from the theme of escalating dominance; but that aside, I would recommend this book to cricket nuts everywhere

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
877.5 KB
seeders:6
leechers:2
[Peter Roebuck]In It To Win It : The Australian Cricket Supremacy(pdf){Zzzzz}