Peter Tosh - Live and Dangerous [Flac][TntVillage]

seeders: 54
leechers: 9
Added on September 6, 2015 by leoneneroin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Peter Tosh - Live and Dangerous [Flac][TntVillage] (Size: 503.87 MB)
 1 Instrumental Intro Peter Tosh.flac39.12 MB
 10 Steppin' Razor Peter Tosh.flac41.76 MB
 11 Ketchy Shuby Peter Tosh.flac62.12 MB
 2 Igziabeher (Let Jah Be Praised) Peter Tosh.flac49.92 MB
 3 400 Years Peter Tosh.flac44.84 MB
 4 No Sympathy Peter Tosh.flac49.27 MB
 5 Burial Peter Tosh.flac56.76 MB
 6 Mark of the Beast Peter Tosh.flac37.91 MB
 7 Babylon Queendom Peter Tosh.flac57.8 MB
 8 Why Must I Cry Peter Tosh.flac32.14 MB
 9 Whatcha Gonna Do Peter Tosh.flac32.03 MB
 Live and Dangreous- Boston 1976.cue1.7 KB
 Peter Tosh - Live & Dangreous- Boston 1976.log12.93 KB
 Peter Tosh - Live & Dangreous- Boston 1976.m3u8859 bytes
 Peter Tosh.nfo.txt2.03 KB
 Back Peter Tosh By TntVillage.jpg86.83 KB
 CD Peter Tosh By TntVillage.jpg47.47 KB
 Front Peter Tosh By TntVillage.jpg71.09 KB

Description

Artist...............: Peter Tosh
Album................: Live & Dangreous: Boston 1976
Genre................: Reggae
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 1976
Ripper...............: Exact Audio Copy (Secure mode) & Asus CD-S520
Codec................: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Version..............: reference libFLAC 1.3.1 20141125
Quality..............: Lossless, (avg. compression: 66 %)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 HZ / 16 Bit
Tags.................: VorbisComment
Information..........: TntVillage

Ripped by............: Leonenero on 04/09/2015
Posted by............: Leonenero on 05/09/2015
News Server..........: news.astraweb.com
News Group(s)........: alt.binaries.music.manics

Included.............: NFO, LOG, CUE
Covers...............: Front Back CD

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracklisting
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. 06:00 - Instrumental Intro
2. 06:18 - Steppin' Razor
3. 09:16 - Ketchy Shuby
4. 07:19 - Igziabeher (Let Jah Be Praised)
5. 06:23 - 400 Years
6. 07:20 - No Sympathy
7. 08:28 - Burial
8. 05:42 - Mark of the Beast
9. 08:43 - Babylon Queendom
10. 04:52 - Why Must I Cry
11. 04:48 - Whatcha Gonna Do

Playing Time.........: 01:15:11
Total Size...........: 503,66 MB

Live and Dangerous: Boston 1976 is, first and foremost, an amazing concert. When I first looked at the song list I was hesitant; I almost wanted to dismiss it as something for a major Tosh fan and not a new disciple. After all, there are none of the “hits” that Tosh is known for. Even “Legalize It”, most likely Tosh’s best known song, is missing from this concert. So I popped the CD in with a little bit of hesitation expecting Tosh to push me away with his radical politics. I was absolutely wrong. This live show is amazing, nothing short of a seminal performance by a seminal performer and artist.
Tosh pushes the boundaries of mainstream reggae by infusing his laid-back grooves with a political punch that is impossible to resist. He is able to push the message of his songs, without giving up any of the beautiful and optimistic sounds of reggae music. It is a little disconcerting listening to happy upbeat music with lyrics of rage and political anger, because we are so used to only hearing songs of protest accompanied by angry, dark music. This is like hearing the Beatles play “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” behind the lyrics of Rage Against the Machine. Disconcerting, but not displeasing, because you are soon swept up in Tosh’s world of optimistic rebellion.
I enjoyed this album thoroughly because the energy captured on this live recording seemed to leap out and grab me. Tosh is at his best on tracks like “400 Years” and “Babylon Queendom”. His musical style and simple rhythms shine on these two tracks and answer all the artists who denigrate simplicity in music. Complexity may be interesting, but Tosh’s simple percussion-driven music is the perfect backdrop to his complex lyrical opinions. His guitar is biting, the bass is thumping and the percussion drives the rest of the music. In essence, Tosh perfected the style of reggae and, instead of pushing the boundaries of sound, he pushes the boundaries of our minds with his sharp wit and incisive political commentary.
This live album is for everyone, Tosh disciples and newcomers to reggae’s greatest songwriter. Maybe he never enjoyed the commercial success of his partner, Bob Marley, but Tosh crossed boundaries Marley never saw and enjoyed a loyalty that is the domain of the Grateful Dead and Phish. He is at his peak on this album, which is perfect for a late-night dissecting or driving down country roads at top-speed. Enjoy the music, listen to the lyrics, and expand your worldview just a little bit. Because that’s what this music is for. It’s supposed to be enjoyable and still intellectually stimulating, party music with a point.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
503.87 MB
seeders:54
leechers:9
Peter Tosh - Live and Dangerous [Flac][TntVillage]

All Comments

Grazie.