Phish - 'The Bluegrass Sessions'

seeders: 2
leechers: 1
Added on May 18, 2009 by in Music
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Phish
  • Format: avi - lossy

Phish - 'The Bluegrass Sessions' (Size: 699.83 MB)
 Phish Bluegrass Sessions 94.avi699.82 MB
 README - Phish Bluegrass Sessions 94.txt5.88 KB

Description

***NOTE***

I have done nothing to the video except take the original DVD version that has been floating around and convert it to a XVID encoded .AVI File. Please enjoy!!!!

If you have any questions hit me on twitter (@strangedesign) or email me chris@strangedesign.net

Phish - Bluegrass Sessions w/ Jeff Mosier

"1994 Fall Tour Journal"

This has already been called the "Holy Grail" of Phish Videos.

This is a FREE, NON-PROFIT home movie of Phish Backstage. Total running time, just over an hour.

The Rev. Jeff Mosier (Blueground Undergrass) was contracted by Phish in the Fall of 1994, to help them learn Bluegrass. They flew him to Michigan and Gordon picked him up in a limo, and they had their first lesson on 11-14-94, same night as Grand Rapids.

With his Blessing (and our extreme appreciation), the footage he shot of this whole experience, backstage and onstage, was remastered and is now being shared. He emailed me the following beautiful letter (a must read), to include with this torrent:

"After 11 years I pull out this video and look back in awe at the bravery and spirit of these four guys called "Phish". I taped the sessions so they could watch it back as part of our lessons and so I could learn some of their tunes as well. I met them in 89 during my days with ARU. The video was shot to aide in teaching them how to work around one mic and to show them that their feet weren't tapping ! Hee. They had a real desire and hunger to learn bluegrass the old fashioned way. I think we infused alot of laughter and zambi like joy together which helped them create their own humble approach to bluegrass. It was like old times back with ARU. At the time I was working with Alzsheimer's patients and doing alot of theatre. In 93' I had played with them in Atlanta at the Roxy, but I had no idea how "big" they had gotten since then. "Hoist" was great for bluegrass music. Time will only tell what influence Phish's interest in bluegrass did to forward the progression of bluegrass experimentation that continues in the music until now through so many bands that got their "call of permission" from Phish. Like "Old and in the Way" did to forward the music to new fans, "Phish" took it to the next generation by including bluegrass in just a few shows in these few shows. "Jerry affected" music is what I call the music of the GD. I think we are all "Grateful Dead cover bands" of sorts whether we admit it or not, once we realize that the GD created a genre and were not just a band. Phish kept it going like nobody else had ever done or may ever will. We owe them much for keeping that spirit alive. This footage speaks volumns to the child like joy that must exist inside of music and inside of bands. Their curiosity for something new, continuing education, playing new instruments, and respect for the pioneers of the genre, gave Phish the credibility they needed to "pull off" bluegrass in front of thousands of reverent and loving fans. This is for those fans. The real fans. This is for all people who love and understand the civilizing power of music. This is to inspire thousands to hopefully upgrade their life by simply learning to play a musical instrument. Phish did this tour and this music without any concern over "bluegrass chops" or any concern over their own ego. They even "Phished" bluegrass with that wonderful vibe they have. They didn't have to do bluegrass, but they did. They laughed at themselves and we had some of the greatest laughs and times I have ever had. This time with them rekindled my own desire to play rock again and helped me really appreciate bluegrass, even though I had grown up with it. The true spirit of "Hamptonian Zambi Vibe" was there on every level ! May it simply inspire you. Let music into your life like they did. Learn music. Live the music. It can save you on every level and it can save this fear ridden planet and give us all hope again. Like nothing else on earth music is drugs."

Jeff Mosier

Atlanta, Ga

Phish - Bluegrass Sessions w/ Jeff Mosier

"1994 Fall Tour Journal"

VIDEO ATTRIBUTES:

Source: Pro-8 Camcorder > Panasonic DMR-HS2 Component DVD Hard Drive

at app. 9000+ bitrate (XP mode) > SP mode DVD-R

Lineage: Source DVD > Demultiplex to Mpeg > remux with new audio using DVD-Lab Pro

TV system: (NTSC)

Aspect Ratio: 4:3

Sys Bitrate: Original (9000+)

AUDIO ATTRIBUTES:

Source: Camera Audio with Audience splices for the Concert Scenes

Lineage: AC3 dvd Audio > demultiplex to ac3 > wav > Adobe Audition

for channel doubling and time strech > Wav > FCP for mix-down with

audience sources > DVD-Lab Pro

Audio Coding mode: LPCM Wav

Sampling Rate: 48kHz

Bitrate: 1536 KB/s

Chapters:

1. The Old Home Place (on stage before 11.14.94 - cam audio)

2. David Bowie (11.14.94 - Neumann KM140 Source)

3. David Bowie cont.

4. Y-Rushalaym-Schel Zahav (Cam Audio kept)

5. Slave to the Traffic Light (Back to Neumann source)

6. My Soul

7. The Old Home Place (Back to Cam)

8. Nellie Cane

9. Sweet Adeline

10. I'm Blue and I'm Lonesome (Dressing room before 11.16.94 - Cam audio until Sample)

11. Nellie Cane > Other backstage footage before 11.16 > Sample in a Jar (AKG 460/ck61 Source)

12. Mike's Song

13. My Sweet One (on tourbus 11.17.94 - cam audio)

14. Mike jamming, Page eating (tourbus - 11.18.94 - cam)

15. Pulling into East Lansing (tourbus - 11.18.94 - cam)

16. Sweet Baby's Arms w/ Rev. Jeff Mosier (11.18.94 - Unknown Audience Source)

17. Runaway Jim

18. Backstage antics before 11.19.94

19. Golgi Apparatus (11.19.94 - Cam audio - Audience source was missing the beginning of golgi)

20. Aftershow - Trying to get out of the parking lot after the jam (Cam)

21. Trey and Kuroda at the lighting rig before 11.20.94 (Cam)

22. Backstage right before taking the stage for 11.20.94 (Cam)

23. Chalkdust Torture (11.20.94 - Nak cm300 Source)

24. Fee

25. Scent of a Mule

26. If I Could

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
699.83 MB
seeders:2
leechers:1
Phish - 'The Bluegrass Sessions'

All Comments