Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Live 1994- Dolby Pro Logic II & 5-1 Surround.mp4

seeders: 4
leechers: 3
Added on February 7, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Live 1994- Dolby Pro Logic II & 5-1 Surround.mp4 (Size: 465.56 MB)
 Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Live 1994- Dolby Pro Logic II & 5-1 Surround.mp4465.56 MB

Description

image image image
1st pic=Syd at Rehearsal 1974 unannounced; 2nd pic=Syd in 1969
"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (Syd Barrett)
Pink Floyd Live 1994

This is for Syd Barrett Our Crazy Diamond!
Born: January 6, 1946, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Died: July 7, 2006, Cambridge, United Kingdom

The finished Audio lists at 942kbs.
I remixed the audio on this one differently, befitting Syd Barrett's creative musical talents--There are 2 working Audio Tracks.
Audio Track 1 = Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs 2 channel stereo
Audio Track 2 = 5.1 Channel 640kbs True Dolby Surround - sounds great on THX surround 5.1

using VLC click on Audio and set to the Track you want. Be sure to set your Tuner to the required comparable setting as well and raise the volume/bass on the Surround Track.
I set my VLC Video to 16:9 to fit the screen and it still held the pixels very good.
Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett (6 January 1946 – 7 July 2006) was an English musician, singer, songwriter, guitarist, and painter, best remembered as a founding member of the band Pink Floyd. He was the lead vocalist, guitarist, and principal songwriter during the band's psychedelic years, providing major musical and stylistic direction in their early work. In addition, he is credited with naming the band. In 1965, Barrett joined them as The Tea Set (sometimes spelled T-Set), and when they found themselves playing a concert with a band of the same name, Barrett came up with the name "The Pink Floyd Sound" (also known as "The Pink Floyd Blues Band", later "The Pink Floyd"). During 1965, they went into a studio for the first time, after a friend of Richard Wright's was giving the band free time to record. In the summer of 1965, Barrett had begun an affair with Lindsay Corner.
It was during this summer that Barrett had his first LSD trip in the garden of friend, Dave Gale, with Ian Moore and Storm Thorgerson. In one period of experimentation with LSD, Barrett and another friend, Paul Charrier, ended up naked in the bath, reciting: "No rules, no rules". Later on in the summer, as a consequence of the continuation of drug use, the band became absorbed in Sant Mat, a Sikh sect Barrett left the group in April 1968 and was briefly hospitalized amid speculation of mental illness exacerbated by drug use.
Pink Floyd were an English rock band that achieved international acclaim with their progressive and psychedelic music. Distinguished by their use of philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, and elaborate live shows, they are one of the most commercially successful and musically influential groups in the history of popular music. Founded in 1965, Pink Floyd originally consisted of students Syd Barrett, Nick Mason, Roger Waters, and Richard Wright. They first gained popularity performing in London's underground music scene during the late 1960s, and under Barrett's creative leadership they released two charting singles and a successful debut album. David Gilmour joined as a fifth member in December 1967, and Barrett left the band in April 1968 due to his deteriorating mental health. After Barrett's departure, Waters became the band's primary lyricist, and by the mid-1970s, their dominant songwriter, devising the original concepts behind their critically and commercially acclaimed albums The Dark Side of the Moon (1973), Wish You Were Here (1975), Animals (1977), The Wall (1979) and The Final Cut (1983). "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is a nine-part Pink Floyd composition written by Roger Waters, Richard Wright and David Gilmour. It is a tribute to former band member Syd Barrett. The song was first performed on their 1974 French tour, and recorded for their 1975 concept album Wish You Were Here. The song was intended to be a side-long composition (like "Atom Heart Mother" and "Echoes"), but was ultimately split into two parts and used to bookend the album, with new material composed that was more relevant to this song, and to the situation in which the band found themselves.The first verse speaks specifically about Barrett:

"Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun
Shine on you crazy diamond
Now there's that look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky
Shine on you crazy diamond."

In another incident, Barrett (heavyset, with a completely shaved head and eyebrows) (see 2 pics above) wandered into the studio while the band was recording Wish You Were Here, although Mason has since stated that he is not entirely certain whether "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" was the particular song being recorded when Barrett was in the studio. Because of his drastically changed appearance, the band could not recognise him for some time. When they eventually recognised Barrett, Roger Waters was so distressed he was reduced to tears. Someone asked to play the song again and Barrett said a second playback wasn't needed when they'd just heard it. Apparently, when "Wish You Were Here" was played, "He [Barrett] stood up and said, 'Right, when do I put my guitar on?'" Wright recalled. "And of course, he didn't have a guitar with him. And we said, 'Sorry, Syd, the guitar's all done.'" When asked what he thought of Wish You Were Here, Barrett said it sounded a "bit old". He subsequently slipped away during celebrations for Gilmour's wedding to Ginger Hasenbein, which had taken place earlier that day. Gilmour confirmed this story, although he could not recall which song they were working on when Barrett showed up. Roger was there, and he was sitting at the desk, and I came in and I saw this guy sitting behind him--huge, bald, fat guy. I thought, "He looks a bit...strange..." Anyway, so I sat down with Roger at the desk and we worked for about ten minutes, and this guy kept on getting up and brushing his teeth and then sitting--doing really weird things, but keeping quiet. And I said to Roger, "Who is he?" and Roger said "I don't know." and I said "Well, I assumed he was a friend of yours," and he said "No, I don't know who he is." Anyway, it took me a long time, and then suddenly I realised it was Syd, after maybe 45 minutes. He came in as we were doing the vocals for Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was basically about Syd. He just, for some incredible reason he picked the very day that we were doing a song which was about him. And we hadn't seen him, I don't think, for two years before. That's what's so incredibly...weird about this guy. And a bit disturbing, as well, I mean, particularly when you see a guy, that you don't, you couldn't recognise him. And then, for him to pick the very day we want to start putting vocals on, which is a song about him. Very strange.
—Richard Wright

Lyrics

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (Syd Barret alias the Diamond)

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.

Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the cross fire of childhood and stardom,
Blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger,
You legend, you martyr, and shine!

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Treatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
Rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions, come on you painter,
You piper, you prisoner, and shine!

Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Pile on many more layers and i'll be joining you there.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
And sail on the steel breeze.
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser,
Come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine!

Video:
Frame Width: 720
Frame Height: 528
Data Rate: 4505kbps
Total Bitrate: 5447kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS

Audio:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Track 2
5.1 Dolby Surround
Bit Rate: 640kbps
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
465.56 MB
seeders:4
leechers:3
Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Live 1994- Dolby Pro Logic II & 5-1 Surround.mp4

Screenshots

Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Live 1994- Dolby Pro Logic II & 5-1 Surround.mp4 screenshot
Pink Floyd - Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Live 1994- Dolby Pro Logic II & 5-1 Surround.mp4 screenshot