Play Goldeneye online with friends via emulation! 14 custom roms with various map packs.

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on May 19, 2014 by justasein Games > PC
Torrent verified.

Play Goldeneye online with friends via emulation! 14 custom roms with various map packs. (Size: 155.73 MB)
 Goldeneye Kaillera Map Packs 2014.zip155.73 MB

Description

EDIT: I renamed the torrent for better visibility.

In 2008 I created a torrent containing a few pre-patched goldeneye roms for people who did not have the patience (or were not computer savvy enough) to apply the ips patches themselves.

The year is now 2014. The GE online community is still very much alive. In order to help out as many newcomers (and lazy kaillera veterans), I have decided to compile an even more complete list of GE roms that have already been patched along with a n00b walkthrough. My old torrent was fairly thorough, but the Mupen emu included had an outdated kailleraclient and ini (the "ini" is what makes the correct rom names show up). In order to fix any issues, I have included my own Mupen64++ directory in this package. It is identical to the one you would download from goldeneyeonline.com except for a few things:

There are 2 kaillera versions included in this mupen folder, both are openkaillera n02 versions (client/p2p/playback modes).

From the mupen "Utilities" drop down menu, you can choose "kailleraclient" or "Supraclient". I have the newest version of kailleraclient n02 linked to the "Supraclient" option in Mupen>Utilities. This is the one I use. It is the same client included in the latest p64kv7 package (just renamed and pasted in the mupen folder). It has the ping spoofing option which is nice when experimenting with custom delay (don't get greedy or you will lag for sure!) If you choose "kailleraclient" under Mupen's Utilities dropdown, it loads the older version of the kailleraclient n02. It works fine, it just does not have the ping spoofing option. I suggest using the newest client but it is up to you.

The other difference between this and the vanilla download from goldeneyeonline.com is the presence of a custom mupen64.ini. This is a very important file that lets the included patched GE roms show their proper file name in the mupen rom list. It is very important that GE online players have the same ini so everyone has identical rom names (otherwise you can't join hosted games). If you accidently delete or mess up the ini that is already in the mupen folder, or you don't want to use my mupen folder (you already have your own set up), just copy the mupen64.ini that I have set aside in this package to your own mupen directory and overwrite.

If you do decide to use the included Mupen64++ emulator, make sure you go to Options>Settings> Directory Tab > and make sure all directory paths are correct for your computer. (link app path to where you install/extract, rom folder, save folder, etc.)

So now, to sum up what needs to be done in as few words as possible....

Step 1 - Extract the Mupen Beta folder to a destination of your choice (skip if you already have mupen)

Step 2 - If you already have mupen and skipped step 1, first copy the mupen64.ini from here into your main mupen directory and click "yes" to overwrite. (feel free to copy over supraclient.dll and kailleraclient.dll too)

Step 3 - Extract the Goldeneye roms to your rom directory. Make sure that directory is set in the mupen settings (I assume you are not this dumb)

Step 4 - Open mupen, right click somewhere in the rom list and choose "refresh rom list." IF YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT SO FAR, YOU SHOULD SEE A TON OF NEW GOLDENEYE ROMS.

Step 5 - Utilities>netplay of your choice>refresh server list>add the ones with low pings>look for players (good luck, usually only 4 or 5 of us online at a time. We are usually online late evenings.)

For the most part, we play at odins server (although it is ghetto and doesn't have server commands) LOL

I can't remember the rom names off the top of my head, but I do know there are a few that have the solo mission levels in multiplayer, banjo kazooi levels in multi, counterstrike maps in multi, even some homebrew maps that fans have created. It really is AWESOME.

Thanks and I hope to see the community grow!

-justase

SHOUT OUT TO http://goldeneyevault.com/
This is where I downloaded all of the IPS patches used to patch the roms. I used ol' faithful IPSwin for patching. IT is idiotproof and I have included it in this package. NOTE, it is only for patching using IPS files. I just checked GEvault and have noticed that there are a couple of new packs out, but they use the "xdelta" filetype and I don't think IPSWIN can patch with these. Oh well, either way, most of the good roms ARE included in this pack. Should be 15 roms total including a vanilla GE rom.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
155.73 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Play Goldeneye online with friends via emulation! 14 custom roms with various map packs.

Trailer

Screenshots

Play Goldeneye online with friends via emulation! 14 custom roms with various map packs. screenshot
Play Goldeneye online with friends via emulation! 14 custom roms with various map packs. screenshot

All Comments

I appreciate this, justase.
Another thing, if you CANNOT be seeding or doing any other internet tasks while trying to play on kaillera. That is the major flaw. If someone on your router is surfing the web or watching youtube, it will completely ruin the game for everyone else (lag). You do not need a fast internet connection to play on kaillera. Throughput is not an issue. (I have a 1.5mega-bit connection (170kB/s down, 60kB/s up)). Ping times are the major player in your experience online and NOTHING but kaillera can be using your internet connection when you try to play. I hope this helps! Thanks!
I am seeding right now. Take advantage of my glorious 60kB/s upstream while you can lol