Raul Malo - After Hours [2007][FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on April 14, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Raul Malo - After Hours [2007][FLAC] (Size: 212.21 MB)
 10 - Take These Chains From My Heart.flac21.67 MB
 09 - It Only Hurts Me When I Cry.flac17.64 MB
 After Hours.cue1.7 KB
 After Hours.log10.3 KB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 08 - Husbands And Wives.flac21.09 MB
 07 - You Can Depend on Me.flac23.52 MB
 03 - For the Good Times.flac28.12 MB
 02 - (Now and Then There's) A Fool Such as I.flac14.25 MB
 04 - Pocket of a Clown.flac23.3 MB
 05 - Crying Time.flac22.07 MB
 06 - Cold, Cold Heart.flac16.18 MB
 01 - Welcome to my world.flac24.36 MB

Description

FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Label/Cat#:New Door Records #AAB000876102
Year: July 17, 2007
Genre: Americana
Format:CD

1. Welcome To My World 4:17
2. (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I 2:08
3. For The Good Times 4:55
4. Pocket Of A Clown 4:11
5. Crying Time 3:54
6. Cold, Cold Heart 2:29
7. You Can Depend On Me 4:13
8. Husbands And Wives 3:53
9. It Only Hurts Me When I Cry 2:46
10. Take These Chains From My Heart 4:04

Raul Malo's second covers album in two years skews slightly closer to the classic country that influenced his early career with the Mavericks. It is also likely to further alienate followers of his rootsy former band as he shifts into crooning, jazzy supper-club mode on these countrypolitan versions of classic and a few more recent C&W tracks. All twang is removed here, replaced with a horn section, a featured clarinet, and slick pop arrangements of standards associated with Elvis ("(Now and Then There's) A Fool Such as I"), Hank Williams ("Take These Chains from My Heart," "Cold, Cold Heart"), and Ray Price (Kris Kristofferson's often-interpreted "For the Good Times"). Malo sure has the pipes for these reworkings, but the disc is most convincing when the syrupy support takes a back seat to the relatively swinging horns on Dwight Yoakam's "It Only Hurts Me When I Cry" and "Pocket of a Clown." Regardless of your age, this is very definitely your parents' country, as Malo transforms himself into a younger, slightly hipper Dean Martin. You can practically taste the olive in his martini and touch his crisp tuxedo as he eases into this material with satiny-smooth vocals and classy delivery. But the line between seductive and snoozy is a thin one, and established fans might wonder where the old fire has gone as they navigate through this glossy set of easy-listening, after-hours mood music. --Hal Horowitz
Product Description
"There's a sophistication in country music, particularly in the songs that were written in the 1950s and'60s, that sometimes gets overlooked," says Malo. "I wanted to make an album that showed these songs can be treated as pop standards, because that's what they are, really. It's just that the artists who had success with them were country artists, although Tony Bennett had a hit with a Hank Williams song, so it isn't that unusual for the genres to cross each other."

In approaching this material, Malo and his band--Robert Chevrier (piano), Jay Weaver (bass), Tom Lewis (drums) and Jim Hoke (saxophone, clarinet and pedal steel)--drew their inspiration from the classic Nashville productions of the era. "This record definitely pays homage to the kind of country music Owen Bradley created," Malo acknowledges. "But the Ray Charles album Modern Sounds in Country & Western Music was the specific inspiration for this one. Ray proved that country music can be sophisticated and jazzy as well, and we wanted to do our take on it."

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
212.21 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0