Richard Swinburne - Epistemic Justification [2001][A]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on August 4, 2014 by Anette14in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Richard Swinburne - Epistemic Justification [2001][A] (Size: 17.06 MB)
 folder.jpg247.37 KB
 Richard Swinburne - Epistemic Justification [2001][A].djvu1.6 MB
 Richard Swinburne - Epistemic Justification [2001][A].pdf15.22 MB

Description

Product Details
Book Title: Epistemic Justification
Book Author: Richard Swinburne (Author)
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Oxford University Press (October 25, 2001)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0199243786
ISBN-13: 978-0199243785

Book Description
Publication Date: October 25, 2001
Richard Swinburne offers an original treatment of a question at the heart of epistemology: what makes a belief rational, or justified in holding? He maps the rival accounts of philosophers on epistemic justification ("internalist" and "externalist"), arguing that they are really accounts of different concepts. He distinguishes between synchronic justification (justification at a time) and diachronic justification (synchronic justification resulting from adequate investigation)--both internalist and externalist. He also argues that most kinds of justification are worth having because they are indicative of truth; however, it is only justification of internalist kinds that can guide a believer's actions. Swinburne goes on to show the usefulness of the probability calculus in elucidating how empirical evidence makes beliefs probably true.

Review
Readers of Swinburne's rewarding book will get a glimpse from the inside of how a sophisticated doxastic foundationalist understands epistemic justification ... careful and meticulous exposition. The Philosophical Quarterly

About the Author
Richard Swinburne is Nolloth Professor of the Philosophy of the Christian Religion at Oriel College, Oxford

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
17.06 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Richard Swinburne - Epistemic Justification [2001][A]

All Comments

Thank you, Annette. May I ask if you could get Kai Nielsen's Ethics Without God? I saw it (i.e., http://bookre.org/reader?file=2236038) yet could not for some peculiar reason obtain said book. A great help to me will be done if I get such book. At any rate, thank you for the help and all the great books (especially ones of philosophy) that you upload.