Rising Sons - 1992 - Rising Sons Featuring Taj Mahal & Ry Cooder [EAC FLAC] (Happy Torrents Day 2016)

seeders: 0
leechers: 5
Added on March 30, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Rising Sons - 1992 - Rising Sons Featuring Taj Mahal & Ry Cooder [EAC FLAC] (Happy Torrents Day 2016) (Size: 361.3 MB)
 Back.jpg361.75 KB
 Booklet 01.jpg548.33 KB
 Booklet 02.jpg1.02 MB
 Booklet 03.jpg899.4 KB
 Booklet 04.jpg594.93 KB
 CD.jpg237.54 KB
 Front.jpg316.93 KB
 Rising Sons.cue3.92 KB
 Ry Cooder & Taj Mahal - Rising Sons.log9.82 KB
 auCDtect.txt12.99 KB
 01. Statesboro Blues.flac15.19 MB
 02. If The River Was Whiskey (Divin' Duck Blues).flac16.02 MB
 03. By And By (Poor Me).flac18.12 MB
 04. Candy Man.flac12.58 MB
 05. 2-10 Train.flac22.89 MB
 06. Let The Good Times Roll.flac15.99 MB
 07. .44 Blues.flac19.33 MB
 08. 11th Street Overcrossing.flac13.07 MB
 09. Corrin, Corrina [sic].flac18.05 MB
 10. Tulsa County.flac15.71 MB

Description

Happy Torrents Day 2016!

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Rising Sons

1992 - Rising Sons Featuring Taj Mahal & Ry Cooder

[EAC FLAC]

Rising Sons

Rising Sons in 1966
From left, Taj Mahal, Jesse Lee Kincaid, Gary Marker,
Ry Cooder and Kevin Kelley

Wikipedia:
Rising Sons was a Los Angeles, California-based band founded in 1964.
The original lineup was a 17-year-old Ry Cooder (vocals, six and 12-string guitar, mandolin, slide and bottleneck guitar, dobro), Taj Mahal (vocals, harmonica, guitar, piano), Gary Marker (bass), Jesse Lee Kincaid (born Nick Gerlach,[1] vocals and guitar) and Ed Cassidy (drums). Cassidy had to leave in 1965 after he injured his wrist playing an epic version of "Statesboro Blues" with the band. He was replaced by Kevin Kelley.
The group was signed to Columbia Records but their only album, produced by Terry Melcher, was not issued at the time. One single, "Candy Man"/"The Devil's Got My Woman", did surface, but the group disbanded in 1966. They often played at the LA clubs The Troubadour and The Ash Grove, which burned down in 1973 and was not rebuilt. They were early contemporaries of the famous LA band The Byrds and fans often wondered, before Mr. Tambourine Man hit, which band would be the biggest success. Their recorded material became widely bootlegged and nearly three decades later was eventually released by Columbia Records under the title Rising Sons Featuring Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder (1992). "We were the problem," remembered Marker later. "We had difficulties distilling our multiple musical agendas down to a product that would sell. We had no actual leader, no clear musical vision.... I think [Melcher] went out of his way to make us happy -- within the scope of his knowledge. He tried just about everything he could, including the live, acoustic session that produced '2:10 Train.'"

Rising Sons Featuring Taj Mahal & Ry Cooder

Artist: Rising Sons
Title: Rising Sons Featuring Taj Mahal & Ry Cooder
Release Date: Jun 19, 1992
Recording Date: September 9, 1965 - May 18, 1966
Label: Columbia, Legacy
Catalog: COL 472865 2
Genre: Blues, Blues Rock, Folk Rock
Duration: 01:02:33

This mid-'60s curio would have served as an introduction to two remarkable musicians had it not been buried in the vaults at Columbia Records from 1966 until 1992. Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder were two of the unfortunate Sons, who were briefly an L.A. club phenomenon. Neither man was in full possession of his talent, and the album (produced by Terry Melcher of Byrds fame) is more rewarding as an historical artifact than as a country-blues breakthrough.
This is a must CD for fans of Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder. The sound is bit like Country Blues takes a ride on a LA freeway, but you have to love such great cuts as "Take A Giant Step," "Last Fair Deal Gone Down," and "Corrin, Corrina" cause you already know what these fine musicians recorded down the road.

AllMusic Review by Richie Unterberger:
Their lone single and unreleased album form the core of this 22-track reissue, which features imaginative rearrangements of standards like "Corrine, Corrina," an obscure Dylan cover ("Walkin' Down the Line"), rocking originals, a confident performance of Goffin/King's "Take a Giant Step" (later Mahal's signature tune), and nifty guitar interplay between Mahal and Cooder throughout. Overall, it sounds a lot more like it belongs in 1967-1968 than 1965-1966. This archival release has value above and beyond historical interest.

01. Statesboro Blues
02. If The River Was Whiskey (Divin' Duck Blues)
03. By And By (Poor Me)
04. Candy Man
05. 2:10 Train
06. Let The Good Times Roll
07. 44 Blues
08. 11th Street Overcrossing
09. Corrin, Corrina
10. Tulsa County
11. Walkin' Down The Line
12. The Girl With Green Eyes
13. Sunny's Dream
14. Spanish Lace Blues
15. The Devil's Got My Woman
16. Take A Giant Step
17. Flyin' So High
18. Dust My Broom
19. Last Fair Deal Gone Down
20. Baby, What You Want Me To Do?
21. Statesboro Blues version 2
22. I Got A Little (Mono)

Personnel:

Ry Cooder (Guitar, Dobro, Mandolin, Vocals)
Taj Mahal (Guitar, Harmonica, Piano, Vocals)
Jesse Lee Kincaid (Guitar, Vocals)
Gary Marker (Bass)
Kevin Kelley (Drums, Percussion)

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
361.3 MB
seeders:0
leechers:5
Rising Sons - 1992 - Rising Sons Featuring Taj Mahal & Ry Cooder [EAC FLAC] (Happy Torrents Day 2016)