[Rob_Huddleston]ActionScript Your visual blueprint for creating interactive projects in Flash CS4 Professional(pdf){Zzzzz}

seeders: 10
leechers: 3
Added on October 1, 2014 by zombie_roxin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

[Rob_Huddleston]ActionScript Your visual blueprint for creating interactive projects in Flash CS4 Professional(pdf){Zzzzz} (Size: 20.17 MB)
 Cover.jpg41.65 KB
 [Rob_Huddleston]ActionScript Your visual blueprint for creating interactive projects in Flash CS4...20.12 MB

Description

Visual learners can get up and running quickly on ActionScript programming skills for Flash CS4 If you're a programmer who learns best when you see how something is done, this book will have you up and running with ActionScipt in no time. Step-by-step, two-page lessons show you the core programming foundations you must master to create rich Internet content using the preferred language for work with Flash. The visual approach breaks big topics into bite-sized modules, with high-resolution screen shots to illustrate each task. You'll learn such skills as how to add interactivity, animate in code, and work with external content to create Flash projects with pizzazz. Designed for visual learners, with two-page lessons and step-by-step, fully illustrated instructions Covers foundation ActionScript, animating, interactivity, and working with external content Demonstrates using the Actions panel, syntax rules, and essential language foundations Shows how to use variables and arrays; write functions, classes, if/else statements, and loops; and work with static classes such as Math Explores essential techniques such as loading visual aspects at runtime, text from delimited text files and XML, and server-based assets using Flash Remoting Companion Web site features all the code that appears in the text, ready to plug into your Web pages ActionScript: Your visual blueprint to creating interactive projects in Flash CS4 Professional is the visual learner's way to master ActionScript quickly and easily.

Publisher: Visual; 1 edition (July 7, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0470481943
ISBN-13: 978-0470481943

Editorial Reviews

From the Back Cover

Welcome to the only guidebook series that takes a visual approach to professional-level computer topics. Open the book and you'll discover step-by-step screen shots that demonstrate over 125 key ActionScript techniques, including:

Working with ActionScript syntax rules

Setting instance properties in code

Writing and calling functions

Creating custom classes

Defining events in a custom class

Adding code to a MovieClip's Timeline

Creating dynamic text fields

Changing the speed of animation

Using the FLVPlayback component visually

Exchanging data with a server

High-resolution screen shots demonstrate each task

Succinct explanations walk you through step by step

Two-page lessons break big topics into bite-sized modules

"Apply It" and "Extra" sidebars highlight useful tips

Great Book
By Art Luverr on November 13, 2009

The book is the best ActionScript Book I have found - as far as format - it is so easy to thumb through and learn with each topic broken into little pertinent boxes. As a designer/developer I am very impressed with it - and I have bought a ton of books in this and related technical fields. Don't let the cover design fool you - this is a wonderful up-to-date source for learning all about AS3 - no kidding.

Has some really good points
By Floored on February 21, 2010

I am currently trying to learn AS3 and this was one of the first books I bought. I bought it because in a cursory way, the book seemed to begin by quickly moving into OOP and I thought it would expand on the subject from there. But frankly the strength of this book is it's weakness. It treats every subject at the most basic, most simplistic, easy to understand way possible, but never every goes into any depth.

Essentially if you have never programmed before, and want a quick reference guide to extremely basic syntax, this is a good choice. If you are looking for something that goes into any depth, and has coding examples that are longer than 5 lines long, get something different. And if you are looking for something on AS3 Object Oriented programming steer very very clear because this book has absolutely nothing on the subject beyond one preliminary chapter, and a few other minor references.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
20.17 MB
seeders:10
leechers:3
[Rob_Huddleston]ActionScript Your visual blueprint for creating interactive projects in Flash CS4 Professional(pdf){Zzzzz}