RocketMan Extras 1983 09 03

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on September 17, 2014 by RocketMan999in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

RocketMan Extras 1983 09 03 (Size: 110.08 MB)
 (01) All Over the World.mp35.95 MB
 (02) Evil Woman.mp36.89 MB
 (03) Ma-Ma-Ma Belle.mp36.03 MB
 (04) Showdown.mp36.51 MB
 (05) Livin' Thing.mp36.47 MB
 (06) Strange Magic.mp36 MB
 (07) 10538 Overture.mp37.01 MB
 (08) Can't Get It Out of My Head.mp36.95 MB
 (09) Sweet Talkin' Woman.mp35.36 MB
 (10) Turn to Stone.mp35.7 MB
 (11) Steppin' Out.mp35.8 MB
 (12) Handle With Care (Traveling Wilburys).mp35.75 MB
 (13) Don't Bring Me Down.mp36.02 MB
 (14) Rock 'n' Roll Is King.mp34.72 MB
 (15) Telephone Line.mp37.02 MB
 (16) Mr. Blue Sky.mp37.22 MB
 (17) Roll Over Beethoven (Chuck Berry).mp310.05 MB
 about.txt3.1 KB
 Alternate CD cover.pdf150.87 KB
 Alternate cover.jpg131.51 KB
 CD Cover.pdf173.42 KB
 Cover.jpg192.49 KB
 How_to_burn_a_No-Gap_CD.txt979 bytes

Description

This is the audio version of the first live performance by ELO in almost 30 years.

The following review was taken from: http://elobeatlesforever.blogspot.com/ and written by KJS of the ELO [and related] universe on 14-Sep-2014.

"Jeff Lynne [was] ably supported by ELO right hand man Richard Tandy, the 'Take That' session/touring band, and the BBC Concert Orchestra, [who] delivered a truly outstanding concert to bring to a climax a superb day of top musical entertainment at Hyde Park in London tonight to truly complete in style this year's BBC2 Live In Hyde Park 'A Festival In A Day' on Sunday 14th September 2014.

"A hiatus of twenty eight [28] years had passed since ELO's last live appearances back in 1986 and, although there was no song representation from 'Time', 'Balance Of Power' or 'Zoom' in a packed sequence of songs that enchanted the near 50,000 folks assembled, those watching and listening [including myself here at ELOBF HQ] were thrilled with this comeback of comebacks.

"With the backdrop and backing of the wonderful BBC Concert Orchestra, the Electric Light Orchestra [ELO] maestro delivered a seventy five [75] minute set of seventeen [17] songs including an absolutely outstanding version of 'Steppin' Out' and a surprise rendition of The Traveling Wilburys' classic 'Handle With Care' nestled in with such classics as '10538 Overture'; 'Can't Get It Out Of My Head'; 'Evil Woman'; 'Telephone Line'; 'Strange Magic' and, of course, 'Mr. Blue Sky'.

"For me, the most touching moment of the night was Jeff's dedication of 'Handle With Care' to fellow Wilburys and personal heroes George Harrison and Roy Orbison. Jeff was visibly affected by the overwhelmingly positive reaction of the assembled throng before him and that will hopefully give him the much needed impetus and confidence to roll out his beloved ELO again in terms of that promised studio recording and a significant venue tour, both in the UK and beyond.

"Jeff Lynne has stated that, should this concert be a success, that he would seriously consider a return to performing live and touring. And, on the basis of the spectacle of his performance tonight, it will soon be 'A Matter Of Fact' that Jeff will be back on the road again.

"Jeff, Richard and company were preceded on stage with some excellent performances by Chrissie Hynde, Bellowhead, Gregory Porter, Kacy Musgraves, Paloma Faith, Billy Ocean and Blondie. Particularly impressive, for me, were the sets by the ever eclectic Paloma Faith, the charismatic Billy Ocean and the legendary Debbie Harry with Blondie."

Let the records show KJS has been awarded an Honorary Doctorate in Classical Structured Rock 'n' Roll this 14th day of September, 2014.

All Over the World
Evil Woman
Ma-Ma-Ma Belle
Showdown
Livin' Thing
Strange Magic
10538 Overture
Can't Get It Out of My Head
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Turn to Stone
Steppin' Out
Handle With Care (Traveling Wilburys)