Rod Stewart - It Had to Be You... The Great American Songbook 320cbr (Big Papi) 2002

seeders: 4
leechers: 0
Added on November 3, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Rod Stewart - It Had to Be You... The Great American Songbook 320cbr (Big Papi) 2002 (Size: 113.5 MB)
 01 Rod Stewart - You Go To My Head.mp39.86 MB
 02 Rod Stewart - They Can't Take That Away From Me.mp37.9 MB
 03 Rod Stewart - The Way You Look Tonight.mp38.78 MB
 04 Rod Stewart - It Had To Be You.mp37.85 MB
 05 Rod Stewart - That Old Feeling.mp36.72 MB
 06 Rod Stewart - These Foolish Things.mp38.76 MB
 07 Rod Stewart - The Very Thought Of You.mp37.7 MB
 08 Rod Stewart - Moonglow.mp38.16 MB
 09 Rod Stewart - I'll Be Seeing You.mp38.88 MB
 10 Rod Stewart - Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye.mp37.97 MB
 11 Rod Stewart - The Nearness Of You.mp36.95 MB
 12 Rod Stewart - For All We Know.mp37.86 MB
 13 Rod Stewart - We'll Be Together Again.mp39 MB
 14 Rod Stewart - That's All.mp37.05 MB
 Big Papi.nfo4.01 KB
 Cover.jpg34.53 KB
 It Had to Be You... The Great American Songbook.cue2.98 KB
 It Had to Be You... The Great American Songbook.log9.59 KB

Description

Source: 2002 CD

This is the first of a few "Great American Songbooks" put out by Rod Stewart where he sings his interpretation of the great oldies from the days of Sinatra and Fitzgerald. In fact, legends like Sinatra and Ella put out their own albums that included in the title, "Great American Songbook." The guy below rights a very accurate review of this release. If you need some tunes to be mellow or tunes to be romantic and with that familiar Rod Stewart voice then this is a real treat. - Big Papi

By Todd McWaters
Initially, I cringed when I first learned Rod Stewart was to release a CD of "standards". How could Rock-n-Roll's most unique voice opt for this particular venue? Rod is a rocker, not a Sinatra or a Bennett! Surely it would be a travesty for rock, as well as a slap in the face to all the legendary performers who had originally introduced these timeless standards. Admittedly, as a lover of both genres, I was skeptical; now, I'm happy to say I was wrong. In retrospect, it is only appropriate that he now explore this type of music as an artist.

Over a career that spans almost 40 years, Rod has sang rock, blues, R&B, soul, ballads, pop and most recently, hip-hop. Now we are offered Rod Stewart as crooner. The transition has been a long time coming. After hearing "Songbook", one has to admit it is also long overdue. Originally, some, like myself, may be erroneously tempted to confine Rod to a specific genre. Unfortunately, when one often thinks of Stewart, visions of the "rock star"...the loud clothes, spiked hair and raucous onstage antics immediately come to mind. In fact, it is these very perceptions that have overshadowed his career and misled so many, particularly Stewart's critics over the years. The image has for so long obscured Rod's true talent, his uniquely amazing voice, which has always been his greatest asset.

On "The Great American Songbook", it's ALL about the voice. Rod Stewart's voice is now truly showcased as never before. The familiar raspiness is still there, yet refined, mature and smooth as silk. When listening to this new release, one would almost think that these songs were originally written with Rod in mind. His delivery is passionately sincere and hauntingly valid.

Whether one likes Rod Stewart or not, whether one is a diehard rock fan or a lover of these classic standards, this CD is a must have and deserves a listen. Like the timeless classics showcased in this release, Rod Stewart's voice also stands the test of time. With the release of "Songbook", it is only fitting that he now be included on the exclusive list of legendary vocalists. Rod has earned that.

Young, old, or in between, "Songbook" speaks to us all. It appeals to a much wider audience than anything Rod has ever done in his long career and should be greatly received. It's definitely a refreshing change to some of the material currently being released today in music. For those who thought Rod was a "has been", think again! For those who would pigeon hole Rod into one specific category, I dare you to think outside the box. Personally, I hear a Grammy nod in the not so distant future.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
113.5 MB
seeders:4
leechers:0
Rod Stewart - It Had to Be You... The Great American Songbook 320cbr (Big Papi) 2002