Root Boy Slim & The Sex Change Band - Zoom [1979] [FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 1
Added on April 17, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Root Boy Slim & The Sex Change Band - Zoom [1979] [FLAC] (Size: 335.38 MB)
 11 Express Train.flac21.08 MB
 10 Dozin' And Droolin'.flac31.63 MB
 12 Live For Tonight.flac46.88 MB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 zoom.log10.6 KB
 zoom.cue2.85 KB
 09 Motel Of Love.flac34.63 MB
 08 Dare To Be Fat.flac27.54 MB
 03 The Loneliest Room In The World.flac24.46 MB
 02 Do The Gator.flac23.97 MB
 04 Quarter Movie On My Mind.flac22.77 MB
 05 Sugar Daddy.flac27.24 MB
 07 She Wants To Move In.flac23.13 MB
 06 Ignite It.flac27.85 MB
 01 World War III.flac24.18 MB

Description

FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Label/Cat#:CD Baby / Rip Bang - #68035
Year: February 18, 2008
Genre: rock all kinds of rock
Format:CD

World War III 3:09
Do The Gator 3:17
The Loneliest Room in the World 3:30
Quarter Movie On My Mind 3:09
Sugar Daddy 3:49
Ignite It 4:00
She Wants To Move In 3:11
Dare To Be Fat 3:55
Motel Of Love 4:46
Dozin' & Droolin' 4:23
Express Train 2:56
Live For Tonight 6:42

Admittedly Root Boy Slim is not for everyone, but for a fanatically faithful few he was a counter cultural icon with a wickedly powerful sense of the perverse and decadent in American society and an equally wicked sense of humor in writing such gems as "Dare to be Fat", "Motel of Love", and perhaps his best known composition, "Boogie til you Puke". I have always felt that some (much?) of his stuff was just crude to be crude, but in my humble opinion he wrote some truly brilliant songs capturing the seamy and somewhat demented side of American life. He also had outstanding bands and brought tremendous manic energy to his performances. A mythology grew up around this Yale grad turned crazed rock pied piper even before his death in the 90's attributed to chronic "poor lifestyle choices". For me "Zoom" contains the best song writing achieved by Root, and the performances that back up these songs are first rate and hard driving. The first song, "WWIII", is still as current today as when he penned it in the seventies, and I can't sit still when it is playing. "Loneliest Room in the World" is a tender croon, and "Motel of Love" is an hilarious ballad about a man and his wife unwittingly checking into a motel that caters to the sexually adventurous, let's say. Anyway, this remaster of "Zoom" is a gift to that small but dedicated army of ROOT fans out there , particularly those that experienced the full ROOT onslaught in the DC area in the mid Seventies. Thanks to ROOT's long time collaborators Bob Greenlee and Ernie Lancaster for bringing this back!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
335.38 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1