Roy Harper - Stormcock 1971 / 2007 Remaster - 320Kbps - Folk # DrBn

seeders: 10
leechers: 0
Added on July 30, 2014 by Dr3bb3nin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Roy Harper - Stormcock 1971 / 2007 Remaster - 320Kbps - Folk # DrBn (Size: 95.2 MB)
 1 - Hors d' Oeuvres.mp319.73 MB
 2 - The Same Old Rock.mp328.31 MB
 3 - One Man Rock And Roll Band.mp316.91 MB
 4 - Me And My Woman.mp329.82 MB
 a front.jpg191.11 KB
 B Back.jpg247.9 KB

Description

Roy Harper’s Stormcock (1971) is generally regarded as a masterpiece of progressive folk.
A sprawling but focused suite of four lengthy tracks. The songs span an enormous spectrum of experience, from the frontline of social unrest to the secluded, birdsong-infested lanes of the English countryside. Stormcock resolutely and uncompromisingly creates its own world.
The album features Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page on guitar. It also showcases David Bedford's orchestral arrangements.
The album's title, Stormcock, is an old English name for the Mistle Thrush. The male of this species "is most vocal in the early morning" and has a "tendency to sing after, and sometimes during, wet and windy weather" which "led to the old name "Stormcock”. It is also, perhaps, a metaphor for Harper himself.
By the time Stormcock was released, Harper was a counterculture icon – name-checked by Led Zeppelin on III in the song Hats Off to (Roy) Harper.
NME placed Stormcock at 377 in their list of "The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time".

Roy Harper

Stormcock

2007 Remaster

CD / 2007 / 320Kbps

Trackslist:

1. Hors d' Oeuvres

2. The Same Old Rock

3. One Man Rock And Roll Band

4. Me And My Woman

Personnel:

Roy Harper: vocals, guitar, piano, synthesizer

with