Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, tr. by Edward Fitzgerald (Oxford World's Classics) [Dr.Soc]

seeders: 3
leechers: 2
Added on April 1, 2016 by Dr.Soc.in Books
Torrent verified.

Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, tr. by Edward Fitzgerald (Oxford World's Classics) [Dr.Soc] (Size: 2.31 MB)
 Edward Fitzgerald-Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (Oxford World's Classics) (2009).pdf1002.32 KB
 The Rubayat of Omar Khayyam - Edward Fitzgerald [Project Gutenberg].epub1.33 MB

Description

If the regular download link does not work,
Please use magnet link (inverted u-shaped icon) for all my uploads.

Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, tr. by Edward Fitzgerald (Oxford World's Classics)
Hardcover: 167 pages
Publisher: Oxford University Press (February 15, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 019954297X
ISBN-13: 978-0199542970

In 1859, Edward FitzGerald translated into English the short, epigrammatic poems (or "rubáiyát") of medieval Persian poet Omar Khayyám. If not a true translation--his Omar seems to have read Shakespeare and the King James Bible--the poem nevertheless conveyed some of the most beautiful and haunting images in English poetry, and some of the sharpest-edged. By the end of the century, it was one of the best-known poems in the English language, admired by Swinburne and Ruskin. Daniel Karlin's richly annotated edition focuses on the poem as a work of Victorian literary art, doing justice to the scope and complexity of FitzGerald's lyrical meditation on "human death and fate." Karlin provides a fascinating critical introduction which documents the poem's treatment of its Persian sources, along with its multiple affiliations with English and Classical literature and to the Bible. A selection of contemporary reviews offers an insight into the poem's early reception, including the first attack on its status as a translation.

Seed, Share, Gain knowledge || Don't forget to give thumbs up

For any problem with my uploads or trouble with downloading, please PM me. Thanks.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.31 MB
seeders:3
leechers:2
Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, tr. by Edward Fitzgerald (Oxford World's Classics) [Dr.Soc]