Sarah Jarosz - Undercurrent (2016) FLAC Beolab1700

seeders: 27
leechers: 2
Added on June 22, 2016 by Beolab1700in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Sarah Jarosz - Undercurrent (2016) FLAC Beolab1700 (Size: 209.73 MB)
 03 House Of Mercy.flac27.98 MB
 11 Jacqueline.flac19.16 MB
 Beolab1700 Torrents.txt292 bytes
 08 Lost Dog.flac19.74 MB
 07 Take Another Turn.flac14.56 MB
 09 Take Me Back.flac14.51 MB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt49 bytes
 04 Everything To Hide.flac18.79 MB
 01 Early Morning Light.flac14.12 MB
 06 Comin’ Undone.flac18.47 MB
 02 Green Lights.flac22.11 MB
 art.jpg142.43 KB
 10 Still Life.flac19.34 MB
 05 Back Of My Mind.flac20.82 MB

Description

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah Jarosz - Undercurrent

Artist...............: Sarah Jarosz
Album................: Undercurrent
Genre................: Folk
Source...............: WEB FLAC
Year.................: 2016
Codec................: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Version..............: reference libFLAC 1.3.1 20141125
Quality..............: Lossless, (avg. compression: 57 %)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 HZ / 16 Bit
Tags.................: VorbisComment
Information..........:

Posted by............: Beolab1700 on 17/06/2016

Tracklisting

01. Early Morning Light 02:35
02. Green Lights 03:34
03. House Of Mercy 04:38
04. Everything To Hide 03:24
05. Back Of My Mind 03:38
06. Comin Undone 03:01
07. Take Another Turn 02:34
08. Lost Dog 03:39
09. Take Me Back 02:34
10. Still Life 02:53
11. Jacqueline 03:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofNDjpsVtYw

On her first studio recording in three years, singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist Sarah Jarosz completes the musical shift that began on 2013’s Build Me Up from Bones.
The earlier album, recorded while finishing her studies at the New England Conservatory of Music, explored songwriting outside the norms of contemporary folk, bluegrass, and country.
Undercurrent finds her defining a music built out from American roots traditions, not bound by them.
She wrote or co-wrote all 11 songs — a first. Another is the album’s instrumentation. While her octave mandolin and banjo playing are present, guitar is the dominant instrument here. Now living in New York, Jarosz surrounds herself with familiar collaborators who include I’m with Her bandmates Sara Watkins and Aoife O’Donovan, Luke Reynolds, Parker Millsap, and Jedd Hughes.

The fingerpicked solo acoustic opener “Early Morning Light” commences with the audacious lyric “All my troubles have just begun….” It’s a broken love/leaving song that admits regret and doubt, but ultimately refuses anything but forward motion. First single “House of Mercy,” with its minor-key, rumbling, low-tuned acoustic guitar and arco bass, is a dark, steely Americana blues. It’s a bitter kiss-off tune to a bad-news ex, spiny and forceful: “This house wasn’t meant for strangers/But you come knockin’ anyway…Underneath that shirt you’re wearin’/Strained muscles and a heart of stone…You make me want to be alone….” “Comin’ Undone” is a jazzy, rag-tinged shuffle outfitted with a gospelized B-3 and ringing electric six-strings. Lyrically, it offers more optimism than its melancholy title indicates. On the solo acoustic “Take Another Turn,” in 6/8 time, Jarosz asks “What does it mean to be hungry/Hungry and hunting and wild…Should you talk to yourself a little more/Push right through that closed door.” On “Take Me Back,” her protagonist desires a return to solace and refuge but also accepts that nothing last forever, as an electric guitar adds poignant solo fills. “Still Life,” driven by a lonesome fiddle, is another broken relationship song. In it she questions settling for less, but refuses, even though it means leaving a beloved who cannot completely surrender to what love demands.

Though darker than her previous albums, Undercurrent is also more resilient. Jarosz reaches through her musical and personal histories with vulnerability and willingness. She comes out on the other side with songs that possess narrative savvy, melodic invention, and a refreshing sense of self-assuredness.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
209.73 MB
seeders:27
leechers:2

All Comments

love your stuff, great music and great quality
Thanks, this is a wonderful album. Worth the download just to hear "Lost Dog ".
Audio 10
Album 10