Seasick Steve – 2006 - Dog House Music [mp3@320] (Blues)

seeders: 1
leechers: 5
Added on April 26, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Seasick Steve – 2006 - Dog House Music [mp3@320] (Blues) (Size: 133.89 MB)
 01 - Yellowdog.mp32.49 MB
 02 - Things Go Up.mp38.34 MB
 03 - Cut My Wings.mp37.94 MB
 04 - Fallen Of A Rock.mp310.74 MB
 05 - Dog House Boogie.mp38.25 MB
 06 - Save me.mp35.34 MB
 07 - Hobo Low.mp38.93 MB
 08 - Shirly Lov.mp38.47 MB
 09 - My Donny.mp39.42 MB
 10 - The Dead Song.mp38.33 MB
 11 - Last Po' Man.mp39.66 MB
 12 - Salem Blues.mp38.03 MB
 13 - I'm Gone + One True (Hidden Track).mp330.74 MB
 Seasick Steve – 2006 - Dog House Music [mp3@320].txt4.29 KB
 Back.jpg1.54 MB
 CD.jpg1.44 MB
 Digipack Outside.jpg1.19 MB
 digipak back.jpg914.38 KB
 Front.jpg603.74 KB
 inside.jpg1.55 MB
 Dog House Music.log3.09 KB

Description

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Seasick Steve – 2006 - Dog House Music [mp3@320]

Seasick Steve

Seasick Steve in 2009 at the Hard Rock Calling festival in London's Hyde Park

Wikipedia:
Steven Gene Wold (born 1940/1941) commonly known as Seasick Steve, is an American blues musician. He plays mostly personalized guitars, and sings, usually about his early life doing casual work.

Dog House Music

Artist: Seasick Steve
Title: Dog House Music
Release Date: November 27, 2006
Label: Bronzerat Records
Catalog: BR04
Genre: Blues, Folk-Blues, Delta Blues, Modern Acoustic Blues
Duration: 54:19

Wikipedia:
Dog House Music is the second album by Seasick Steve, and his first as a solo artist. It was released on 27 November 2006; however pre-release CDs were available for sale to members of his site's mailing list.
The album is almost entirely performed by Steve, apart from snare drum on Yellow Dog and crash cymbal on Fallen Off a Rock, performed by H.J. Wold (a relation of Steve, whose real name is Steve Wold), and drums on the hidden track by Steve's son P.M. Wold.
The album reached #37 in the UK album charts, #1 in the independent album charts, and #31 in the downloads chart, all three from sales in the UK.

As on his first album, Cheap, there is a hidden track. Seven seconds after the end of the last listed track, "I'm Gone", Steve tells a story (despite complaints about his storytelling on Cheap). He talks about a faithful dog named Trixie that he once owned. One time he was arrested, and on his release, his dog was waiting for him 60 miles away from where he left her six months earlier. The dog then had 12 puppies, which she cared for, until one day, she just went and never came back. This left Steve with 12 puppies. This story is followed by a song, with Steve on guitar and his son P.M. Wold on drums, entitled, '12 Dog Blues'.

AllMusic Review by Sharon Mawer:
Yes, they really do still make albums like this in the 21st century. Steve Wold, otherwise known as Seasick Steve, released his second album, Dog House Music in 2007, his first purely solo effort; he had previously released an album entitled Cheap several years earlier for which he shared the credit with Swedish band the Level Devils. Dog House Music is like a really old John Lee Hooker or Muddy Waters album, or maybe something even less commercial as Steve strums his guitar and sings along, his voice sounding drowned in bourbon, and occasionally a song such as "Fallen off a Rock" crashes to life, literally, with the guitar no longer picking out a sorrowful blues lick but strumming wildly and the drums smashing away in the foreground played by two members of his family, HJ Wold and PM Wold. Apart from that however, the entire album is played by Steve, recorded in what sounded like one take, when he might have been sitting in a leaky shack by the Mississippi, almost every track given a short introduction almost as if to explain to a personal audience what the forthcoming song is about and why it is important. The album begins with the very short (just over one minute) track, "Yellow Dog" which sounds like it was been recorded at the bottom of a well, the acoustics are so terrible. When the final track, "I'm Gone," finishes, there is a small gap which is followed by Steve reciting a real shaggy dog story, over five minutes long, no music, just Steve rambling about being arrested and after spending six months in jail, looking for his runaway dog; this eventually runs into another sad blues song (about a dog). Not sure why anybody would want to listen to this story more than once. Even the album cover looks like it was designed and drawn by a six-year-old, but that simply adds to the unpolished and underproduced nature of the work, which is a credit, not a fault.

01. Yellow Dog - 1:00
02. Things Go Up - 3:34
03. Cut My Wings - 3:23
04. Fallen Off a Rock - 4:31
05. Dog House Boogie - 3:31
06. Save Me - 2:16
07. Hobo Low - 3:49
08. Shirly Lou - 3:39
09. My Donny - 4:02
10. The Dead Song - 3:33
11. Last Po' Man - 4:08
12. Salem Blues - 3:14
13. I'm Gone - 2:10 + One True (Hidden Track) - 11:04

Personnel:

Musicians:

Seasick Steve - vocals, Guitars, Foot Percussion
H.J. Wold - Marching Drum
P.M. Wold - Marching Snare, photography

Other Personnel:

Morten Lund - Mastering
Christina Enfeldt - Mixing
The Dog - Mixing
Kjetil Draugedalen - Mixing
Andy Hall - Photography

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
133.89 MB
seeders:1
leechers:5
Seasick Steve – 2006 - Dog House Music [mp3@320] (Blues)