Secrets of the Cat by Barbara Holland {Bindaredundat}

seeders: 9
leechers: 2
Added on February 18, 2015 by Bindaredundatin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Secrets of the Cat by Barbara Holland {Bindaredundat} (Size: 5.29 MB)
 metadata.opf1.23 KB
 Secrets of the Cat (info).txt11.73 KB
 Secrets of the Cat - Barbara Holland.mobi784.16 KB
 Secrets of the Cat - Barbara Holland.pdf1.68 MB
 Secrets of the Cat by Barbara Holland.jpg24.51 KB
 Secrets of the Cat, Its Lore, Legend, and Lives by Barbara Holland.epub2.81 MB

Description

Secrets of the Cat, Its Lore, Legend, and Lives by Barbara Holland {Bindaredundat}

Secrets of the Cat: Its Lore, Legend, and Lives – November 23rd 2010 by Barbara Holland (Author)

Format: EPUB / MOBI / PDF (PDF converted from epub)
File Size: 5.29 MB

Product Details

Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks; Rev Upd edition (November 23rd 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061978043
ISBN-13: 978-0061978043

Contents

Title Page
Introduction
1 The Conversion of Boston Blackie
2 Smart Like Us
3 People with Cats
4 Cats with People
5 Cats with Cats
6 The Cat’s Early Years
7 Cats and the Church
8 A Choice of Cats
9 Show Business
10 Medical Matters
11 Sex and Kittens
12 Practical Cats
Also by Barbara Holland
About the Author
Copyright
About the Publisher

"Smart, bright, well-written....A book about cats as good as this one is rare." - Smithsonian "May be the most elegantly written, witty, perceptive statement about felines ever published." - Philadelphia Inquirer ? In Secrets of the Cat, author Barbara Holland engagingly explores the lore, legend, and lives of humanity's much beloved furry companion, the often inscrutable feline. An essential book for every cat lover-and for anyone wishing to understand cat lovers- Secrets of the Cat includes a new introduction by the author.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

The best cat book I've ever read: funny and informative.
By A Customer on March 26, 1999
Format: Mass Market Paperback
I've read lots of pet books, and this is one of the most entertaining, right up there with Farley Mowat's "The Dog Who Wouldn't Be". It is very skillfully written, with wry humor and deep insight into the psychology of our feline cohabitants.

A great book for anyone even cat haters
By Constance D'Ulisse on August 16, 2003
Format: Paperback
Another wonderful book from one of my favorite authors. A must read if you live with moggies or are considering the adoption of one. This book made me laugh out loud reading about Boston Blackie (I've entertained thoughts of a hired killer a few times with my brood)and gave me chills while reading the chapters on the cat in history. I've bought copies of this book for cat loving friends and like all of Barbara Holland's books, a keeper.

Great Read
By A Customer on August 22, 2000
Format: Mass Market Paperback Verified Purchase
This was a wonderful book. It was entertaining and, at times, very, very funny. It was also very well-written - not just a silly cat-lovers book written in the language of the Simpleton. Holland writes beautifully and she is witty and clever. Anyone who has ever befriended a cat, and made one part of their lives, will truly enjoy this gem of a book.

Well Written
By Susie on March 21, 2000
Format: Mass Market Paperback
I found this little book to be very appreciative of cats in general. As an avid cat lore reader, I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Holland's tracing of the cat in human history facinating and interesting. She also relates wonderful tales of cats which have shared her life. Any cat lover will find delight in every chapter.

Also by Barbara Holland

The Joy of Drinking
When All the World Was Young
Gentlemen’s Blood: A History of Dueling
Hail to the Chiefs: Presidential Mischief, Morals,
and Malarkey from George W. to George W.
Bingo Night at the Fire Hall
Brief Heroes and Histories
Wasn’t the Grass Greener?
They Went Whistling: Women Wayfarers, Warriors,
Runaways, and Renegades
Endangered Pleasures
Mother’s Day, or The View from in Here

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
5.29 MB
seeders:9
leechers:2
Secrets of the Cat by Barbara Holland {Bindaredundat}

All Comments

Thank you.
Thank you!
Good quality (retail?) epub and mobi - thank you. I was impressed with your PDF conversion to large font for small screen. And a working table of contents!