Seven Deadly - Obliviation (2014) [Gorgatz]

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on February 27, 2014 by Gorgatzin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Seven Deadly - Obliviation (2014) [Gorgatz] (Size: 119.95 MB)
 05. Blood On Your Hands.mp312.03 MB
 10. Remember.mp311.32 MB
 07. Remain At Peace.mp311.29 MB
 02. Life Begins To Fade.mp310.87 MB
 03. From This Darkness.mp310.85 MB
 12. Time Ghost.mp310.62 MB
 11. The Wrath.mp310.06 MB
 09. Pure Steel.mp39.94 MB
 06. Obliviation.mp39.66 MB
 08. Allegiance.mp38.99 MB
 01. Play the Game.mp37.16 MB
 04. Posthumous.mp37.08 MB
 Cover.jpg70.02 KB

Description

Seven Deadly - Obliviation (2014) [Gorgatz]

- I N F O -

‘Obliviation’ is Seven Deadly’s super charged debut album that’s sure to propel them to greater heights. The band have been on tour with the likes of Orange Goblin, appeared at Download and have managed to build up a decent fan base within a short period of time due to their deadly live performances. Fans have been patiently waiting for ‘Obliviation’ and the anticipated debut album screams a thousand reasons why we should witness their live shows.

The album opens with ‘Play The Game’ which immediately drags you into a ruthless melodic metal takedown that will appease loyal fans of contemporary metal music. There is a constant powerful quality and vibe to ‘Obliviation’, with the help of Rob Hicks’ double bass kicks and dramatic beat downs at the heart of album. The single and title track ‘Oblivation’ signposts the mid-point of the record and offers an early opportunity of a traditional crowd pleasing chant which could soon become a Seven Deadly signature at live shows. Hauntingly melodic mid-tempo tracks such as ‘Remain at Peace’, have the capacity to morph into a surprise attack of heavy guitars and growling vocals which switch to another momentum, bringing a new direction and approach to a modern metal album. ‘Time Ghost’ ends the album offering gritty and infectious riffs and vocals, but leaving you with a sense of elegance and melodic drama with diverse bursts of depth.

This is a worthwhile and contemporary melodic metal album with strong influences that push you further into ‘Oblivation’ and I’m impressed by their ability to fuse the melodies with the menacing sounds and heavier aggression.

With their dramatic debut being released on 23rd February 2014 and show dates expected for 2014 and 2015, Seven Deadly are ready to conquer the world of melodic metal!

I’ve been waiting on this bad boy for a long time. I didn’t quite realise that Seven Deadly’s Allegiance EP was released as far back as May 2012 but to be fair to the guys they have been working hard at promoting the band and raising awareness. A headling slot on the Takeover stage at Download last year coupled with a tour alongside Breed77 made sure folk knew all about them and what they deliver.

In February 2014 the fruits of their labour will finally come to light with the release of their first full album, Obliviation. While three out of four of the tracks from the Allegiance EP, including the single Blood On Your Hands, are on this album there is still plenty of new material to get your teeth into.

Seven Deadly have indeed used the time since the EP release well, growing and maturing their sound and Obliviation is the stupendous result of this. This feels like a natural morphing and honing of the style abnd sound that the guys had while in Panic Cell. There’s a tremendous blend of metalcore, melody and classic rock and metal notes coming from this album that present themselves in a wonderfully melodic machine-gun metal style. It’s a style too that grows as the album goes on, almost like the guys are breaking you in gently before they hit the accelerator and start to really shift up the gears.

Play The Game comes out of the blocks with a pounding rhythm to open the album, but it’s very controlled and with a real industrial vibe. It’s like the guys are preparing you for what lies ahead, especially when the machine-gun riffs kick in towards the end of the track as it reaches a grand crescendo. Life Begins to Fade gives us a bit of contrast, introducing the more melodic side of the band, alongside that machine-gun attack that you’ll find becomes very much a trademark of the album. Archie Wilson also shows tremendous contrast in his vocal styles on this one, backed up with superbly controlled guitar and drum work.

By the time we hit Blood on your Hands you feel that the shackles have come off completely and the guys are well into their groove. This was my favourite track on the Allegiance EP and it still ranks pretty damn high on this album as one of my favourites. It has a little bit of everything that gets my blood pumping and is a grand example of what Seven Deadly are all about. There’s power, there’s melody, there’s quiet, there’s heavy, it’s all here on this one.

Title track Obliviation is going to be one helluva crowd pleaser live if it’s not already too I reckon. It’s like a head on collision between Rob Zombie, Trivium and Slipknot to my ears with a thumping groove running its length and it soars when it hits the chorus.

While the machine-gun metal style is a running theme throughout the album, it never thankfully gets boring as the structure and nature of the songs maintain their individuality. There’s the grind of Remain at Peace contrasted to the melody and gallop of the likes of Pure Steel and Remember, sitting alongside the classic rock influenced feel of The Wrath.

All this before the album is wrapped up with the complexities of Time Ghost giving us tasty morsels of everything that has come before it.

As far as debut albums go, Obliviation sees Seven Deadly hitting the ground running at full pelt as they introduce us to no-holds barred, melodic machine-gun metal. Well worth the wait lads, well worth the wait indeed.

- T R A C K L I S T -

01. Play The Game (03:05)
02. Life Begins To Fade (04:43)
03. From This Darkness (04:42)
04. Posthumous (03:03)
05. Blood On Your Hands (05:13)
06. Obliviation (04:11)
07. Remain At Peace (04:54)
08. Allegiance (03:53)
09. Pure Steel (04:18)
10. Remember (04:55)
11. The Wrath (04:21)