Soldier - Kurt Russell 1998DVDRip XviDh33tschon55

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 29, 2008 by in Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: DVDRip

Soldier - Kurt Russell 1998DVDRip XviDh33tschon55 (Size: 757.05 MB)
 Soldier - Kurt Russell [1998][DVDRip.XviD][h33t][schon55].avi757.05 MB
 tracked_by_h33t_com.txt0 bytes
 Soldier - Kurt Russell Info.txt5.66 KB

Description

[Release Date]
23 October 1998 (USA)

[Gendre]
Action / Drama / Sci-Fi

[Tagline]
Left for dead on a remote planet for obsolete machines and people, a fallen hero has one last battle to fight .

[Plot Outline]
After being defeated and left for dead by his genetically engineered replacements, Sergeant Todd must save a peaceful community from destruction by the same soldiers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120157/
User Rating: 5.3/10 (10,976 votes)

[MPAA]
Rated R for strong violence and brief language.

[Cast]
Kurt Russell ... Todd
Jason Scott Lee ... Caine 607
Jason Isaacs ... Mekum
Connie Nielsen ... Sandra
Sean Pertwee ... Mace
Jared Thorne ... Nathan
Taylor Thorne ... Nathan
Mark Bringleson ... Rubrick
Gary Busey ... Church
K.K. Dodds ... Sloan
James Black ... Riley
Mark De Alessandro ... Goines
Vladimir Orlov ... Romero
Carsten Norgaard ... Green
Duffy Gaver ... Chelsey

Rip date Apr 28 08

"Soldier is a rare experience that is far more than the plot, which has been outlined by the editorial comments. This is a journey taken by a strong warrior into his own humanity. I cannot even count the number of times that I have watched this movie, but I know it is more than twenty. I see more each time.
Kurt Russell's extraordinary and powerful acting skills make Sergeant Todd real. Successfully creating a character without dialogue is an art -- and he mastered it. This movie provides insight into today's violent world as well.

Todd has known nothing but war or training since he was born. He was conscripted in the hospital; he never knew love, or laughter, or how to play. He obeyed orders and did not speak unless spoken to. The perfect soldier could not have emotions. If the only way to kill an enemy was to kill innocent victims, then he did what was required.

Todd is the best soldier of the "old timers," and he has been bested a new, genetically engineered soldier. One of the most poignant scenes is on the world where he was dumped for dead. The survivors that created a life on Arcadia are nervous to have a soldier in their midst, and ask Todd why he is there alone. He stands, no expression on his faces, and says, "I was replaced by a better soldier, Sir."

Although he acknowledges that he is no longer good enough to be a soldier, as his body heals he works to grow stronger and returns to the training rituals that have ruled his entire life. As he sees the interaction in the group that saved him, he is conflicted by emotions that he never experienced. When asked what he thought about, he says, "Fear. Fear and training."

It is extremely painful for him to be exiled from these people because he is too strong, and his violent training is too dangerous. He does not understand what he feels. This is my favorite scene. He is alone in his exile, sitting in a concrete drainpipe with tears running down his face. He wipes the tears away, and with the skill of a great actor, Russell shows that he does not even know what they are.

The arrogant commander of the new soldiers considers Arcadia the perfect first "war." Anyone on the planet was considered hostile. Three soldiers attacked the small group, killing without provocation. They have no hope until Todd returns and saves the group. When he is asked what he would do, he says, "Kill them all, Sir." He will not let the group help him because "A soldier deserves a soldier."

Good writing means that the hero must have an enemy equal to his abilities, and this has great writing. In facing the final soldier, Todd's intelligence wins the battle.

I am passionate about this movie. The acting, plot, special effects, and depth earn five stars. ~ Victoria Tarrani

"David Webb Peoples meets Paul Anderson...if it already sounds weird to you, then you are right, because it is.
Peoples is known for his scripts with moral implications of what is right and wrong, the value of life, etc... He covered these issues in Bladerunner, Unforgiven, and pretty much in all of his screenplays there is something along those lines.
Paul Anderson's first successful movie was a violent thriller. Not surprisingly so have all of his other movies! And here is a violent thriller with moral implications!
Peoples' script is quite apparent in the first half of the movie. Soldiers trained from birth, taught to kill, and never had a normal life. They are replaced by better, genetically engineered soldiers and Todd, one of the original soldiers, is left on a planet and left for dead. There he must cope with a group of refugees, some want him to stay others hate him and there is an interesting drama here. BUT THEN...
...The bullets start to fly as the new soldiers move onto the planet for a military exercise and try to kill all the people. Big, violent, loud action ensues and Peoples' script turns into an Anderson action-fest. It is hard to believe that the script was originally written that way, but the end product is better then I expected. Entertaining, somewhat, though admittedly not very, thought-provoking, and exciting once the action starts. 7/10

Rated R: a lot of violence ~ BroadswordCallinDannyBoy

I really like this movie - I am facinated that Kurt NEVER smiles during the whole show ~ schon55

[File]
Size : 757 MB (775,217 KB)
Stat : File Length Correct
Type : OpenDML AVI

[Video]
Source : DVDR5
Codec : XviD
Bitrate : 942 kb/s
Frame Size : 720x480 (1.50:1) [:2]
Frame Quality : 0.091 bits/pixel
Frame/Sec : 29.971
Runtime : 01:38:32 (177,190 fr)

[Audio]
Language : English
Subs : No
Source : Direct
Codec : 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Bitrate : 128 kb/s (64/ch, stereo) CBR
Sample Rate : 44100 Hz

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
757.05 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Soldier - Kurt Russell 1998DVDRip XviDh33tschon55

Trailer

All Comments

great copy, but the audio is 3 seconds ahead. had to burn to disc then set the audio sync on dvd player.