Solomon Burke - 2005 - Make Do With What You Got [EAC FLAC]

seeders: 18
leechers: 6
Added on May 6, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Solomon Burke - 2005 - Make Do With What You Got [EAC FLAC] (Size: 313.77 MB)
 01 - I Need Your Love In My Life.flac32.43 MB
 02 - What Good Am I-.flac25.41 MB
 03 - It Makes No Difference.flac36.48 MB
 04 - Let Somebody Love Me.flac32.54 MB
 05 - After All These Years.flac30.9 MB
 06 - Fading Footsteps.flac28.15 MB
 07 - At The Crossroads.flac34.85 MB
 08 - I Got The Blues.flac29.1 MB
 09 - Make Do With What You Got.flac32.02 MB
 10 - Wealth Won't Save Your Soul.flac27.09 MB
 Solomon Burke - 2005 - Make Do With What You Got [EAC FLAC].txt6.48 KB
 Back.jpg702.89 KB
 Booklet 01.jpg1.13 MB
 Booklet 02.jpg919.38 KB
 CD.jpg434.66 KB
 Front.jpg732.26 KB
 tray.jpg793.01 KB
 [Solomon Burke] Make Do With What You Got.cue3.81 KB
 Lossless Audio Checker.html153.36 KB
 Lossless Audio Checker.log1.67 KB
 Make Do With What You Got.log2.39 KB

Description

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Solomon Burke

2005 - Make Do With What You Got [EAC FLAC]

Solomon Burke

Solomon Burke in 2008

Wikipedia:
Solomon Burke (March 21, 1940 – October 10, 2010) was an American recording artist and vocalist, who shaped the sound of rhythm and blues as one of the founding fathers of soul music in the 1960s and a "key transitional figure in the development of soul music from rhythm and blues. He had a string of hits including "Cry to Me", "If You Need Me", "Got to Get You Off My Mind", "Down in the Valley" and "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love". Burke was referred to as "King Solomon", the "King of Rock 'n' Soul", "Bishop of Soul" and the "Muhammad Ali of soul". Due to his minimal chart success in comparison to other soul music greats such as James Brown, Wilson Pickett and Otis Redding, Burke has been described as the genre's "most unfairly overlooked singer" of its golden age. Atlantic Records executive Jerry Wexler referred to Burke as "the greatest male soul singer of all time".
Burke's most famous recordings, which spanned five years in the early 1960s, bridged the gap between mainstream R&B and grittier R&B. Burke was "a singer whose smooth, powerful articulation and mingling of sacred and profane themes helped define soul music in the early 1960s." He drew from his roots – gospel, jazz, country and blues – as well as developing his own style at a time when R&B, and rock were both still in their infancy. Described as both "Rabelaisian" and also as a "spiritual enigma," "perhaps more than any other artist, the ample figure of Solomon Burke symbolized the ways that spirituality and commerce, ecstasy and entertainment, sex and salvation, individualism and brotherhood, could blend in the world of 1960s soul music."
During the 55 years that he performed professionally, Burke released 38 studio albums on at least 17 record labels and had 35 singles that charted in the US, including 26 singles that made the Billboard R&B charts. In 2001, Burke was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a performer. His album Don't Give Up on Me won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Blues Album at the 45th Grammy Awards in 2003. By 2005 Burke was credited with selling 17 million albums. Rolling Stone ranked Burke as no. 89 on its 2008 list of "100 Greatest Singers of All Time."

Make Do With What You Got

Artist: Solomon Burke
Title: Make Do With What You Got
Producer: Don Was, Jeff Palo
Release Date: March 1, 2005
Genre: Blues, Soul, R&B
Label: Shout! Factory
Catalog: DK 34357
Barcode: 8 26663 43572 6
ASIN: B0007ACS5I
Duration: 43:53

AllMusic Review by Mark Deming:
One of the great pleasures of Solomon Burke's 2002 "comeback" album, Don't Give Up on Me (Burke never really went away, but this time around folks were paying attention), was the fact it was so unexpected -- instead of trying to replicate the sound and feeling of the records Burke made in the 1960s, producer Joe Henry conjured up a warm but skeletal backdrop which allowed the once and future King of Rock 'n' Soul to dig into the heart of the songs (contributed by the likes of Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, and Brian Wilson) in a manner unlike anything he'd done before. Conversely, the greatest disappointment of Burke's next "big-league" album, 2005's Make Do With What You Got, is that it sounds almost exactly the way you'd expect it to. The spare approach of Don't Give Up on Me has been abandoned in favor of a high-gloss production from Don Was, and Was has set up a bombastic soul session replete with horns, massed keyboards, and big vocal choruses, but while the accompaniment is strong, professional, and occasionally even enthusiastic (where has Ray Parker, Jr. been hiding his razor-sharp guitar skills for the past two decades?), Make Do With What You Got sounds like an overly anxious attempt to re-create the sound of vintage R&B sides that gets the surfaces right but never quite captures the heart and soul of the music. Of course, Was' overly slick production and the less impressive set list does nothing to hold back Solomon Burke -- his performances are typically superb, and he gives this album enough soul power to fuel a small city for a month, even bringing chestnuts like "It Makes No Difference" and "I've Got the Blues" to vivid and passionate life that's thrilling to hear. No one can sing a song quite Solomon Burke, and that's what makes Make Do With What You Got worth a listen; unfortunately, lots of people could have produced these sessions as well if not better than Don Was, and that's this album's Achilles' heel.

Amazon.com Review by Ted Drozdowski:
The self-proclaimed "King of Rock 'n' Soul" upholds his title on this follow-up to his 2002 Grammy-winning comeback, Don't Give Up on Me. At 64, Solomon Burke's voice still has an electric crackle. Every low purr and keening near-falsetto that he applied to a string of hits between 1961 and 1968 that helped build Atlantic Records remains intact. In fact, if anything, he's more persuasive and versatile today. Burke breathes zestful life into material as diverse as the opening stomp, "I Need Your Love in My Life," the testifying "Let Somebody Love Me," a sweet reading of the Band's "It Makes No Difference," and Hank Williams Sr.'s country-gospel "Wealth Won't Save Your Soul"--the latter of which Burke, who's an ordained bishop, takes to church with a soaring organ-driven arrangement.
Producer Don Was draws on the classic Stax and Muscle Shoals sounds, using keyboards and guitars--the latter played by Ray Parker Jr. and Shoals veteran Reggie Young--to underscore Burke's powerful vocal melodies. And the bloodlines of classic Memphis propulsion run through drummer James Gadson's veins. With such superb accomplices Burke doesn't just make do... he makes great music.

01. I Need Your Love In My Life (4:17)
02. What Good Am I (3:37)
03. It Makes No Difference (5:24)
04. Let Somebody Love Me (4:26)
05. After All These Years (4:35)
06. Fading Footsteps (3:56)
07. At The Crossroads (4:55)
08. I Got The Blues (4:08)
09. Make Do With What You Got (4:31)
10. Wealth Won't Save Your Soul (3:58)

Personnel:

Sweet Pea Atkinson - Vocals (Background)
Solomon Burke - Main Personnel, Primary Artist, Vocals
Rudy Copeland - Organ
James Gadson - Drums
Portia Griffin - Vocals (Background)
Darrell Leonard - Trumpet
Jamie Muhoberac - Keyboards, String Arrangements
Ray Parker, Jr. - Guitar
Tommy Sims - Bass (Electric), Guitar (Bass)
Joe Sublett - Sax (Tenor)
Eddie Towns - Piano
Robby Turner - Pedal Steel
Monalisa Young - Vocals (Background)
Reggie Young - Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm)

Note:
This is not my rip
My thanks to the original uploader

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget