Southern Cross - Rare 1976 Aussie Rock (new complete version - remastered LP to FLAC)

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on January 8, 2015 by MoofieManin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Southern Cross - Rare 1976 Aussie Rock (new complete version - remastered LP to FLAC) (Size: 860.99 MB)
 07. Games.flac167.21 MB
 04. What Am I Waiting For.flac106.16 MB
 02. You Need It.flac104.44 MB
 03. Jessie.flac98.92 MB
 06. Storyteller.flac97.36 MB
 08. Stormy Lady.flac95.86 MB
 05. Harris Street.flac95 MB
 01. Money Maker.flac94.91 MB
 Southern Cross - Back Cover.jpg744.24 KB
 Southern Cross - Front Cover.jpg417.23 KB

Description

UPLOADER'S NOTE: THIS IS A COMPLETELY NEW VERSION (FROM THE GROUND UP) OF A TORRENT I UPLOADED RECENTLY.

I finally located a seeded version of this great album by Southern Cross. This version is FULL and COMPLETE. The files came in 100% and these final versions (remastered to FLAC) are COMPLETE and UNADULTERATED. This torrent is far and away superior to my original upload and I am absolutely stoked about it.

The improvements are as follows:

1. Being full versions of the songs, I didn't have to spend a week rebuilding the files to be complete. Also, the ambiences are all maintained - sometimes in the previous release, the bits of the song were correct arrangement-wise, but not ambient with where they were placed. Also, there is a whole intro section to one of the songs that I had to dump in the previous release (simply coz it wasn't all there). In another song, part of the solo had to be cut for the same reason.

2. The torrent I downloaded was a better quality LP recording. Much stronger and more powerful than the first, so there are no weak sounds, warbles, waffles or inconsistencies in the levels of the audio signal. I was elated to find that it was a good recorded version of the album (if a bit bass heavy and muddy - which was fixed when I remastered it).

3. The encode was at a higher bitrate than the first downloaded version, so as I remastered the songs, their quality sprung to life more easily and fluently. The sound I eventually tweaked out of them is awesome, huge, consistent and much better than the first upload.

4. The new download came with cover art, which I have included here. It appears to be from a CD release (?). I never knew this had been released on CD. It would have had to have been a re-release, coz CD's weren't around in 1976. But there ya go... cover art included!

5. The songs are now in the correct playing order.

6. This version totally kicks ass all round and I'm so much happier with it.

I performed the remaster primarily through Sound Forge Pro version 10. I did 'tops and tails' (the songs begin and end right on the money and fade-outs are clean), removed pops and crackle, equalised it a bit further using Sony Xpress Graphic EQ (this sured up low bass and ultra trebles). Finally, I ran it through Audacity and levelled each song to -0.2dB (so there are no clips). Notably, on songs like 'Jesse' and 'Games', I used noise reduction in intros and outros if they were very quiet parts and the 'needle noise' was noticeable. Final files are FLAC 24-bit @ 96kHz.

So to those that downloaded and seeded (or are still seeding) the old version, I whole-heartedly recommend this new, complete, unadulterated and fully remastered version to replace it. It is definitely superior to the old version. I have stopped seeding that version and will put a note on that page redirecting future downloaders to this version.

Cheers,
MoofieMan.

Thanks to all who seed - you keep torrenting alive!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
860.99 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Southern Cross - Rare 1976 Aussie Rock (new complete version - remastered LP to FLAC)