Spanish Among Amigos Phrasebook - Conversational Spanish for the Adventurous Traveler (2006) (208p) [Inua].pdf

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on April 12, 2015 by Inuain Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Spanish Among Amigos Phrasebook - Conversational Spanish for the Adventurous Traveler (2006) (208p) [Inua].pdf (Size: 1.38 MB)
 Spanish Among Amigos Phrasebook - Conversational Spanish for the Adventurous Traveler (2006)...1.38 MB

Description

Spanish Among Amigos Phrasebook: Conversational Spanish for the Socially Adventurous Paperback – June 21, 2006
by Nuria Agulló (Author)

Paperback: 208 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1 edition (June 21, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0071453946
ISBN-13: 978-0071453943

Description:
Spanish Among Amigos Phrasebook is aimed at people who already have a little Spanish under their belts. It's geared to anyone who wants to get beyond "survival" Spanish and really start conversing and making "amigos".
This one-of-a-kind phrasebook provides readers with all the tools they need to carry on a conversation. Apart from comprehensive lists of ready-to-go-phrases that will get the reader sounding like a native, the phrasebook offers grammar pointers, insights into Spanish culture, notes on idioms and slang, and tips on avoiding common blunders. It also contains true-to-life conversations "among amigos" featuring Pepa and Pili, two sassy young women from Madrid, and their friend Mark, an American whose Spanish doesn't quite measure up. Readers also have the chance to practice the phrases in fill-in-the-blank dialogues at the end of each unit.

This is one of my favorite book. I took it to Ecuador and showed it to my Spanish teacher. She was mortified and couldn't believe what she was reading. She said that many of the expressions / phrases used in the book make no sense to her as an Ecuatoriana. Other expressions / phrases are used only by "jovenes." It simply doesn't sound right when an adult says them. She also pointed out that out-of-context, some of the expressions / phrases can easily be misinterpreted to something totally different and possibly insulting.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy reading the book. I just have to keep in mind to be careful what expressions / phrases that I use. (comment by a reader)Spa

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.38 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Spanish Among Amigos Phrasebook - Conversational Spanish for the Adventurous Traveler (2006) (208p) [Inua].pdf