Spirited Away - Picture book

seeders: 8
leechers: 3
Added on January 4, 2015 by SlyMagpiein Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

Spirited Away - Picture book (Size: 16.27 MB)
 Cover.jpg191.66 KB
 kat torrent.txt43 bytes
 metadata.opf1.14 KB
 Spirited Away - picture book - Hayao Miyazaki.pdf16.09 MB

Description

SCAN

Winner of the 2002 Academy Award for Best Animated feature, Spirited Away tells the story of 10-year-old Chihiro, a girl in the midst of a move to the suburbs who wanders into a strange town and finds a world of spirits ruled over by the mysterious Yubaba.

About the Author
Hayao Miyazaki is one of Japan's most beloved animation directors. In 2005 he was awarded the Venice International Film Festival's Golden Lion Award for Lifetime Achievement, and his Studio Ghibli received the festival's Osella Award for overall achievement in 2004. Miyazaki's films include Spirited Away, winner of the 2002 Academy Award® for Best Animated Feature Film, as well as Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, and Ponyo, all of which have received great acclaim in the U.S. Miyazaki's other achievements include the highly regarded manga series Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Starting Point: 1979-1996, a collection of essays, interviews, and memoirs that chronicle his early career and the development of his theories of animation. Both are published in English by VIZ Media. "

Spirited Away follows the adventures of 10-year-old Chihiro who together with her parents is making a move from the city to the suburbs. Chihiro is not very happy about this move, and when her parents accidentally find themselves off the beaten path on their way to their new home, she discourages them from exploring. Chihiro has a strange sense of foreboding that this new place which her father presumes to be an abandoned theme park is much more than that and she is of course proven right. Her parents are turned into pigs after gorging on food they found at this place, which turns out to be inhabited by the spirit world.

In Asian folklore, there is an emphasis on respecting old superstitions, which includes belief in the spirit world inhabited by the Gods and otherworldly creatures. When Chihiro's parents gorged on food meant for the spirits, they were being very disrespectful and so are punished accordingly. The rest of the story follows Chihiro's efforts, aided by the loyal Haku, to redeem her parents and make their escape from the malevolent witch Yubaba who rules over this world.

The animation is simply amazing and conjures up a fantastical world of odd-looking creatures (that radish spirit was just out of this world!) in an alternate world that is vividly brought to life. The animation is superior but what makes this such a memorable story is the heartfelt story with its underlying theme of respect, loyalty,friendship, trust, and sacrifice. Chihiro's relentless efforts to save her parents credibly portrays the theme of filial piety and her courage and determination make her a true heroine, serving as a great role model for children. This is a story to be enjoyed by viewers and readers of all ages. The book contains many of the artwork from the film, and the text is accessible to young, independent readers. This is a worthwhile companion book to the film!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
16.27 MB
seeders:8
leechers:3

All Comments

I’d really like to find a Japanese version of this picture book. I worked as a Japanese-to-English translator for 27 years before I switched to teaching literary analysis and academic writing, so I’ve always preferred to watch Miyazaki’s animated films in the original Japanese, as English dubbing totally changes the mood of the movies.

In the meantime, I’ll download this version since my three daughters can read only English and French. Unfortunately, they’re not interested in learning their parents’ frequently used Japanese, Mandarin, or Swedish, although they’re quite conscious of their own Korean heritage and will hopefully pursue study of Korean in the future to communicate better with their Korean grandparents in Beijing.
Thank you for the comment.
You've got the pics, you can always rip off English text and insert Japanese ;)