Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles - The Peacocks 1975 - 320Kbps - Jazz # DrBn

seeders: 5
leechers: 0
Added on February 9, 2014 by Dr3bb3nin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles - The Peacocks 1975 - 320Kbps - Jazz # DrBn (Size: 135.44 MB)
 01 I'll Never Be the Same.mp39.45 MB
 02 Lester Left Town.mp313.53 MB
 03 Body And Soul.mp313.46 MB
 04 What Am I Here For-.mp311.35 MB
 05 Serenade to Sweden.mp312.97 MB
 06 The Chess Players.mp313.14 MB
 07 The Peacocks.mp313.1 MB
 08 My Buddy.mp310.26 MB
 09 The Hour of Parting.mp38.24 MB
 10 Rose Marie.mp36.67 MB
 a front.jpg169.31 KB
 B Back.jpg210.22 KB

Description

Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles, The Peacocks

Recorded in 1975, released in 1977

Getz's intent on Peacocks was to bring the underappreciated Jimmy Rowles to the fore, allowing the pianist to shine with his remarkable, long-lasting sense of balladry and seasoned, rough, romantic voice.

Rowles had been active since the early 1940s, and played with Getz in the Benny Goodman and Woody Herman orchestras before playing with the saxophonist’s quartet in 1954. Although 21 years had passed since they had recorded together, the ten tracks they share on “The Peacocks” show that they had a close musical partnership.

At the time of the recording, Rowles was probably best known as an accompanist, working with Billie Holiday, Peggy Lee, Julie London, Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan. What wasn’t generally known was that Rowles was an impressive jazz vocalist in his own right.

Rowles knocks off a couple solo tracks, both showing off his reach, from swing era and Tin Pan Alley phrasing to hints of more daring execution. Through it all, though, Getz plays his heart out, milking every phrase for its musical core and the breathy shell just around the tone. It's a magnificent display, top to bottom.

With few Jimmy Rowles recordings in the world, this has to rank as his best, clearly the most entertaining, and a project Getz was ever proud to bring to the jazz world. It is definitive, deserving of the masterpiece tag, and a must-have item in your modern jazz collection.

Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles

The Peacocks

with Elvin Jones and Buster Williams

CD / 1994 / 320Kbps

Tracklist:

1. I'll Never Be The Same

2. Lester Left Town

3. Body And Soul

4. What Am I Here For?

5. Serenade To Sweden

6. The Chess Players

7. The Peacocks

8. My Buddy

9. The Hour Of Parting

10. Rose Marie

11. This Is All I Ask

12. Skylark

13. Mosaic/Would You Like To Take A Walk

Personnel:

Piano, Jimmy Rowles

Tenor Saxophone, Stan Getz

Bass, Buster Williams

Drums, Elvin Jones

Vocals by Beverly Getz, Jimmy Rowles, Jon Hendricks, Judy Hendricks, Michelle Hendricks

Produced by Stan Getz

Stan Getz, a nice bunch of guys.

Straight, no chaser.

:)

More Stan Getz with Jimmy Rowles >>>>>

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
135.44 MB
seeders:5
leechers:0
Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles - The Peacocks 1975 - 320Kbps - Jazz # DrBn