Star Wars: Extended universe complete novels to date - Hand-tweaked ePubs

seeders: 5
leechers: 1
Added on February 9, 2013 by Neuromaniacin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Star Wars: Extended universe complete novels to date - Hand-tweaked ePubs (Size: 64.07 MB)
 Cloak of Deception, by James Luceno (v1.0).epub254.22 KB
 Darth Maul - Saboteur, by James Luceno (v1.0).epub181.13 KB
 Darth Maul - Shadow Hunter, by Michael Reaves (v1.0).epub243.82 KB
 Darth Plagueis, by James Luceno (v1.0).epub426.08 KB
 Jedi Trial, by David Sherman and Dan Cragg (v1.0).epub382.56 KB
 Labyrinth of Evil, by James Luceno (v1.0).epub401.81 KB
 MedStar #1 - Battle Surgeons, by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry (v1.0).epub354.41 KB
 MedStar #2 - Jedi Healer, by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry (v1.0).epub358.06 KB
 Outbound Flight, by Timothy Zahn (v1.0).epub667.28 KB
 Republic Commando #1 - Hard Contact, by Karen Traviss (v1.0).epub363.51 KB
 Allegiance, by Timothy Zahn (v1.1).epub401.48 KB
 Choices of One, by Timothy Zahn (v1.1).epub419.92 KB
 Coruscant Nights #1 - Jedi Twilight, by Michael Reaves (v1.1).epub347.24 KB
 Coruscant Nights #2 - Street of Shadows, by Michael Reaves (v1.1).epub331.08 KB
 Coruscant Nights #3 - Patterns of Force, by Michael Reaves (v1.1).epub333.89 KB
 Dark Lord - The Rise of Darth Vader, by James Luceno (v1.1).epub346.21 KB
 Death Star, by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry (v1.1).epub431.63 KB
 Death Troopers, by Joe Schreiber (v1.1).epub308.09 KB
 Han Solo Trilogy #1 - The Paradise Snare, by A. C. Crispin (v1.1).epub395.42 KB
 Han Solo Trilogy #2 - The Hutt Gambit, by A. C. Crispin (v1.1).epub388.46 KB
 Crosscurrent, by Paul. S. Kemp (v1.1).epub313.03 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #1 - Outcast, by Aaron Allston (v1.0).epub419.6 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #2 - Omen, by Christie Golden (v1.0).epub344.22 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #3 - Abyss, by Troy Denning (v1.0).epub411.31 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #4 - Backlash, by Aaron Allston (v1.0).epub419.41 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #5 - Allies, by Christie Golden (v1.0).epub426.7 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #6 - Vortex, by Troy Denning (v1.0).epub449.57 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #7 - Conviction, by Aaron Allston (v1.0).epub423.33 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #8 - Ascension, by Christie Golden (v1.0).epub453.97 KB
 Fate of the Jedi #9 - Apocalypse, by Troy Denning (v1.0).epub568.91 KB
 New Jedi Order #1 - Vector Prime, by R.A. Salvatore (v1.1).epub595.9 KB
 New Jedi Order #1.5 - Boba Fett - A Practical Man, by Karen Traviss (v1.1).epub248.43 KB
 New Jedi Order #10 - Dark Journey, by Elaine Cunningham (v1.1).epub733.43 KB
 New Jedi Order #11 - Enemy Lines I - Rebel Dream, by Aaron Allston (v1.1).epub754.08 KB
 New Jedi Order #12 - Enemy Lines II - Rebel Stand, by Aaron Allston (v1.1).epub596.15 KB
 New Jedi Order #13 - Traitor, by Matthew W. Stover (v1.1).epub732.89 KB
 New Jedi Order #14 - Destiny's Way, by Walter Jon Williams (v1.1).epub658.92 KB
 New Jedi Order #14.5 - Ylesia, by Walter Jon Williams (v1.1).epub181.76 KB
 New Jedi Order #15 - Force Heretic I - Remnant, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (v1.1).epub566.88 KB
 New Jedi Order #16 - Force Heretic II - Refugee, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (v1.1).epub499.57 KB
 A Forest Apart, by Troy Denning (v1.2).epub210.67 KB
 Black Fleet Crisis #1 - Before the Storm, by Michael P. Kube McDowell (v1.2).epub405.74 KB
 Black Fleet Crisis #2 - Shield of Lies, by Michael P. Kube McDowell (v1.2).epub305.49 KB
 Black Fleet Crisis #3 - Tyrant's Test, by Michael P. Kube McDowell (v1.2).epub348.7 KB
 Callista Trilogy #1 - Children of the Jedi, by Barbara Hambly (v1.2).epub381.89 KB
 Callista Trilogy #2 - Darksaber, by Kevin J. Anderson (v1.2).epub355.73 KB
 Callista Trilogy #3 - Planet of Twilight, by Barbara Hambly (v1.2).epub427.39 KB
 Corellian Trilogy #1 - Ambush at Corellia, by Roger MacBride Allen (v1.2).epub335.74 KB
 Corellian Trilogy #2 - Assault at Selonia, by Roger MacBride Allen (v1.2).epub303.98 KB
 Corellian Trilogy #3 - Showdown at Centerpoint, by Roger MacBride Allen (v1.2).epub323.9 KB
 Darth Bane #1 - Path of Destruction, by Drew Karphyshun (v1.0).epub911.26 KB
 Darth Bane #2 - Rule of Two, by Drew Karphyshun (v1.0).epub766.59 KB
 Darth Bane #3 - Dynasty of Evil, by Drew Karphyshun (v1.0).epub468.73 KB
 Knight Errant, by John Jackson Miller (v1.0).epub726.17 KB
 Lost Tribe of the Sith - The Collected Stories, by John Jackson Miller (v1.0).epub640.23 KB
 Red Harvest, by Joe Schreiber (v1.0).epub644.62 KB
 The Old Republic #1 - Fatal Alliance, by Sean Williams (v1.0).epub501.2 KB
 The Old Republic #2 - Deceived, by Paul S. Kemp (v1.0).epub406.43 KB
 The Old Republic #3 - Revan, by Drew Karpyshyn (v1.0).epub610.54 KB
 The Old Republic #4 - Annihilation, by Drew Karpyshyn (v1.0).epub445.81 KB
 Readme.txt3.83 KB

Description

This torrent contains all of the major Star Wars novels released to date, as well as the ebook only novels I've been able to find. It does not contain the Young Adult novels, as I've been unable to find any decent copies to work off, and it also does not contain the movie novelizations.

For ease of use, the novels are sorted by era, based on what the galactic government was at the time. Hence, the Imperial era begins at the end of Episode III, and lasts until the end of Episode VI. This differs slightly from the official era classifications, but I prefer it this way.

IMPORTANT: If you like a book, please support the author by buying the book.
I recommend buying the real, dead-tree version and not the eBook.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: I started doing this because I was dismayed at the quality of eBooks I could find, just getting them to a condition where it didn't hurt to read them. As I started spending some time on this, I thought that I could share my hard work with others.

Q: Help! The book won't read on my reader!
A: Some readers are not fully compliant with the ePub standard. The main cause for this that I have seen so far, is readers that use Adobe ADE (such as Sony PRS readers). ADE has a maximum limit for how large the internal files of an ePub can be. The easiest way to fix this, is to use Calibre to perform a conversion from ePub to ePub; this will split the internal files to smaller chunks (and add a whole lot of unncessary formating to the files).

Q: My reader only supports format , why are you only releasing in ePub?
A: ePub is a nice and open format, which makes it easy to work with. If you need another format, I suggest using Calibre to convert to the format you need.

Q: What are you doing to the books?
A: Basically, I copy the contents of a book from an existing epub into a new template, which will ensure proper and uniform formating and ToC generation. For some books, I do a more thorough job of verifying and adding as necessary the breaks and paragraphs that were not present in the original source; adding markup such as italics.
As I read the books myself, I use my Kindle to note where there are errors, and then go back in to fix these if possible.

Q: How are you doing it?
A: I use Calibre to keep track of my collection, and to convert between formats. After getting the books into .epub format, I extract the contents.
Instead of altering the existing files, I have a template I use to create a new book. This template has all the requisite hooks for chapters and ToC generation, so I then extract the content from the books, and run it through a special search-and-replace program I created to help me convert the symbols to better-looking UTF-8 symbols. I then clean up any extraneous formating, which is abundant in books created by word (or other WYSIWYG editors), or from Calibre's conversion process. Lastly, I run the new file through FlightCrew to ensure conformity to the ePub standard.

Tools:
* Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org)
* FlightCrew (http://code.google.com/p/flightcrew/)
* Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/)

Q: What are the versions?
A: All books that I deem fit-for-publishing start out as v1. If I make changes, either due to feedback, my own proofreading, updated meta-data, or any other reason I create a new version, to be bundled in the next update.

Q: Why won't you recommend retail ePubs?
A: There are two main reasons for this:
a) I have to date only found one single retail ePub that conforms to the ePub standard; all others have not passed verification.
b) The quality of several retail ePubs is very low, and has obviously never been proofread. My personal record is over 300 errors (mainly from bad OCR) in a single book.
c) Most publishers have this strange notion that a virtual copy should cost more then a physical copy (compared to paperbacks).

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
64.07 MB
seeders:5
leechers:1
Star Wars: Extended universe complete novels to date - Hand-tweaked ePubs

All Comments

Thank You!!
wow, very nice. its so annoying trying to download books you never know if its just some word document or something. these are all very nice copies and so well organized thank you very much
Any plans to update this torrent with some newer star wars book releases such as the Star Wars Crucible release which just came out on July 9th?
Unfortunately, my best response right now is "maybe".
Alright thanks for replying. :) I'm still not even done reading all the book's in this collection so it's been keeping me occupied since the summer!