Steve Wells - The Skeptic's Annotated Bible {BinanGotit}

seeders: 0
leechers: 15
Added on May 7, 2016 by BinanGotitin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Steve Wells - The Skeptic's Annotated Bible {BinanGotit} (Size: 16.52 MB)
 Steve Wells - The Skeptic's Annotated Bible.mobi4.45 MB
 Steve Wells - The Skeptic's Annotated Bible.pdf11.79 MB
 The Skeptic's Annotated Bible (cover).png285.37 KB

Description

The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
by Steve Wells (Author)

{BinanGotit}

Format: mobi & pdf

Product Details

Hardcover: 1648 pages
Publisher: SAB Books, LLC; 1st Edition (February 15th 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0988245108
ISBN-13: 978-0988245105

"Finally, Wells has published his famous online resource in book form. This volume belongs in every thinking person's library and in every hotel room in America..."
Sam Harris, author of the New York Times bestsellers The End of Faith, Letter to a Christian Nation, The Moral Landscape, and Free Will.

Editorial Reviews

"A stunning achievement ... I have an entire bookshelf of bibles and biblical commentaries, concordances, appendices, and the like, but the SAB is by far the best tool for biblical research I have ever come across." - Dr. Michael Shermer, Founding Publisher of Skeptic magazine and Executive Director of the Skeptics Society

"I've been waiting for this book for my entire life! Finally, the Bible with organized notes and critique pointing out the profane, the craziness, the tribalism, the murder, the incestuous episodes, and the beautiful and the sublime.
All in one book!" - Julia Sweeney, Writer and performer of "Letting Go of God" and "God Said Ha!" and the book, "If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother"

"The Skeptic's Annotated Bible offers an invaluable presentation of the bible that doesn't hide the cruelties, contradictions, absurdities, misogyny, and everything else that makes the 'Good Book' bad. It is an indispensable resource and the only book I keep on my desk." - Dr. Peter Boghossian, Dept. of Philosophy, Portland State University. Author of: "A Manual for Creating Atheists"

About the Author

Steve Wells is the author of the Skeptic's Annotated Bible and Drunk with Blood: God's killings in the Bible. He also created and maintains the website www.skepticsannotatedbible.com and www.dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com. When he's not critiquing the "holy books", he can usually be found with a field guide identifying insects/plants/birds, sailing, or auditing classes at the local university.

Customer Review

5.0 out of 5 starsAn Excellent and Much-Needed Resource (and a Beautiful Book to Boot!)
By D. Westfall on February 26th 2013
Format: Hardcover
I had been contemplating purchasing a Thompson Chain-Reference to replace the "Bible-shaped hole" on my bookshelf after leaving the Christian faith over ten years ago, when I found this online. Leafing through the sample (Genesis) on the author's website, I was thrilled and immediately ordered a copy. After receiving it in the mail, I don't think I could possibly be any happier with my decision.
When I was a Christian, I was the manager of the book and Bible department for a large religious chain-store, so I've had hands-on experience with hundreds of Bibles and I have to say that the author of the SAB put a lot of time and consideration, both inside and out, to the quality of this item. The leather-like hardcover is beautiful and comfortable to hold, the binding is Smyth-sewn, and the Biblical text and notes are both in attractive, readable fonts which are very easy on the eyes.

But what sets this Bible apart is that it's a complete all-in-one Bible/Bible reference designed specifically for skeptics and freethinkers. Make no mistake; from cover to cover (literally!), the Skeptic's Annotated Bible dispenses with the claims of the Bible as inspired, inerrant, non-contradictory, or even a good moral guide. Contradictions (472 of them), absurdities (2178), injustices (1541), cruelties (1316), conflicts with science (428), "family values" (413), insults to women (384), false prophecies (231), shocking language (186), sexual references (253) and homosexuality (only 25) are all referenced in side-notes next to the Biblical text with accompanying icons for easy identification. To be fair, the SAB also points out the "Good Stuff" - passages in the Bible that convey a positive message (it counts 507, and indicates them with a "thumbs-up" icon).

The SAB is very likely the first reference Bible ever made specifically to challenge the Bible itself - specifically the claims made about it by conservative and fundamentalist Christians - and it does so without apology. I fully expect that, as it becomes more widely known, there will be any number of one-star reviews from Christians who will have never even cracked the cover. I challenge those people to do so. If you do, in fact, have the truth, it should be able to stand up under scrutiny.

Top Customer Reviews

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
16.52 MB
seeders:0
leechers:15
Steve Wells - The Skeptic's Annotated Bible {BinanGotit}