Tabish Khair - The Gothic, Postcolonialism and Otherness. Ghosts from Elsewhere [2009][A]

seeders: 12
leechers: 5
Added on August 31, 2014 by Anette14in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Tabish Khair - The Gothic, Postcolonialism and Otherness. Ghosts from Elsewhere [2009][A] (Size: 1.88 MB)
 Back Cover.jpg188.55 KB
 folder.jpg313.28 KB
 Front Cover.jpg328.33 KB
 Tabish Khair - The Gothic, Postcolonialism and Otherness [2009][A].pdf1.07 MB

Description

Product Details
Book Title: The Gothic, Postcolonialism and Otherness: Ghosts from Elsewhere
Book Author: Tabish Khair (Author)
Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan (December 8, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0230234062
ISBN-13: 978-0230234062

Book Description
A lucid intervention in current debates about identity and difference, this book uses the concept of Otherness to look again at both Gothic fiction and Postcolonialism.

Reviews
'This is a fascinating, diverse and rich book which combines across the Gothic and the postcolonial in its concern with varieties of colonial and imperial Gothic 'Other', at different times, introducing a focus on the "war on terror" as a topical "hook." Khair places the foreign Other as a central function in the Gothic in texts set both in Britain and the ex-colonies, particularly in the Caribbean, where British influence is revealed as frequently demonic.' - Gina Wisker, Head of the Centre for Learning and Teaching, University of Brighton, UK

'This is a very important book. But, before I attempt to describe some of this importance, I should also register that it is a joy to read: it is eloquent in ways which constantly surprise, yet should not, since its author is, as well as a critic, a poet and writer of fiction. The writing here is adventurous yet lucid, full of critical detail yet admirably concise...In conclusion: I found this a brilliant and most exciting book. In the subtitle, 'Ghosts from Elsewhere', I have no idea where this particular 'elsewhere' might be but perhaps that is the point.' - David Punter, Gothic Studies

About the Author
TABISH KHAIR was born and educated mostly in India, and is a poet, novelist, critic and childrens writer. Winner of the All India Poetry Prize and short-listed for the Encore Award, he has been awarded fellowships at Oxford University, UK, Baptist University of Hong Kong and JMI (Delhi). He teaches at Aarhus University, Denmark.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.88 MB
seeders:12
leechers:5
Tabish Khair - The Gothic, Postcolonialism and Otherness. Ghosts from Elsewhere [2009][A]