Ten Years After - KBFH Orlando Sports Arena, Orlando Fl

seeders: 4
leechers: 2
Added on April 15, 2013 by pmp317in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Ten Years After - KBFH Orlando Sports Arena, Orlando Fl (Size: 154.67 MB)
 04 - I'm Going Home - Ten Years After.flac71.23 MB
 03 - Spoonfull - Ten Years After.flac41.29 MB
 02 - Rock N Roll Music To The World - Ten Years After.flac25.62 MB
 06 - Closing - Ten Years After.flac12.22 MB
 01 - Intro - Ten Years After.flac2.95 MB
 05 - Outro - Ten Years After.flac1.36 MB
 KBFH Orlando Sports Arena, Orlando Fl.m3u523 bytes

Description

Another reel to reel classic, recorded from an fm broadcast by my old man and burned to cd -> .flac -> {ripped using Nero 12 platinum}

Ten Years After concert at Orlando Sports Stadium on May 8, 1973

1 Rock & Roll Music To The World 4:02
2 Slow Blues In 'C' 7:33
3 Spoonful 6:33
4 Turned Off TV Blues 5:34
5 I Woke Up This Morning 4:33
6 Sweet Little Sixteen 3:45
7 I'm Going Home 11:43

Alvin Lee - guitar, vocals
Chick Churchill - organ, electric piano
Leo Lyons - bass
Ric Lee - drums

The recording kicks off with the classic title track to the Rock And Roll Music To The World album. A straightforward rock 'n' roll number, this retains the infectiousness of the studio recording, while raising the excitement level up a notch. "Slow Blues In C," the first of the two songs not included in the original broadcast, follows this. Here, Alvin Lee gets a chance to display his blues roots while the band gets an opportunity to improvise a bit. "Spoonful," a song more associated with Cream than Ten Years After, gets a relatively concise treatment here, with the band demonstrating their expertise at building tension, beginning slowly and modestly before Alvin Lee's furious soloing brings it to a frenetic close.

A rare live performance of "Turned Off T.V. Blues" follows, featuring passionate vocals from Lee and extraordinary interplay between Lee and keyboard player Chick Churchill. Throughout this set, Churchill often veers away from his trademark organ to play electric piano. This adds a distinct change to the band's sound, but is never less than impressive. The rhythm section of Leo Lyons and Ric Lee are also featured prominently in the mix and it is a delight to hear the bottom end so crystal clear and punchy. The performances aside, this recording has an outstanding mix that captures the interaction of the four band members and better represents where the group was at musically in 1973 than the live album recorded earlier that same year.

The other song that was never broadcast is up next. "I Woke Up This Morning" features imaginative soloing from Alvin Lee, with Churchill's organ and the rhythm section vamping along in the bebop style that defined the band's sound in the early years. Leo Lyon's jazzy bass style and Alvin Lee's lightning-fast fretwork are in abundance here.

The set ends with a frenetic romp through Chuck Berry's "Sweet Little Sixteen" before closing with the blazing crowd-pleaser "I'm Going Home." As can be expected, Alvin Lee's remarkably fluid and technically proficient solos leave one gasping for breath, bringing this set to a blistering close.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
154.67 MB
seeders:4
leechers:2
Ten Years After - KBFH Orlando Sports Arena, Orlando Fl