[Terry Daniher]The Danihers :The Story of Football's Favourite Family(pdf){Zzzzz}

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on January 15, 2015 by zombie_roxin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

[Terry Daniher]The Danihers :The Story of Football's Favourite Family(pdf){Zzzzz} (Size: 4.79 MB)
 [Terry Daniher]The Danihers The Story of Football's Favourite Family(pdf){Zzzzz}.pdf4.79 MB

Description

On September 1, 1990, four brothers made Australian Rules history by playing together for the one team, the Essendon Football Club, something that is unlikely to ever happen again. Terry, Neale, Anthony, and Chris Daniher grew up in a tiny Riverina town where they played football on Saturdays and Rugby League after mass on Sundays. They reached the elite level in an era when tobacco sponsorship and a few beers with the opposition after a game were the norm. It was a time when Jim Daniher could throw a teenage son into a trade deal and Kevin Sheedy and Edna Daniher could conspire to make a dream come true. But it wasn't all plain sailing: injuries cut short a promising career, trading between clubs was largely unregulated, the Swans were shunted off to Sydney, and coaching changed dramatically. This is an action-packed story of the period when the national Aussie Rules competition emerged and football became big business, and an unassuming bunch of blokes from the bush endeared themselves to football fans and became part of football folklore. After a combined 752 VFL/AFL games, the Danihers continue to be involved in football.

Publisher: Allen & Unwin (September 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1742373240
ISBN-13: 978-1742373249

Editorial Reviews
About the Author

After a combined 752 VFL/AFL games, The Danihers continue to be involved in football. Since his playing and coaching days finished, Terry has excelled as a country football ambassador for the AFL. At the start of 2009, Neale took up the position of football operations manager for the West Coast Eagles, having coached the Melbourne Football Club for ten years. Anthony's professional life is the management of Daniher Property Services, and he keeps a keen eye on his son, Darcy, who was drafted to the Bombers in 2007 under the father-son rule. Following in his father's footsteps, Chris is farming and keeping Ungarie Football Club alive. Writer Adam McNicol grew up on a wheat and sheep farm outside Manangatang in north-west Victoria's Mallee region. He didn't cut it playing footy so he took to writing about it instead. He reports for the Age and works as a TV sports reporter with Channel 10.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

triumph and disappointment, commitment and persistence
By A. G. Plumb on January 3, 2010

As a keen supporter of the Essendon Football Club, attending matches regularly through the 1970s and 1980s, this book brought back great memories. It follows the careers of the four Daniher brothers with South Melbourne (Terry, at the start of his career), the Sydney Swans (Anthony at the start of his career), Essendon (Terry, Neale, Anthony and Chris), and Melbourne (where Neale was coach). It includes the major triumphs of the Essendon premierships in 1984 and 1985 (in which Terry was a player) and 1993 (in which Chris was a player), as well as 2000 when Essendon defeated Melbourne, coached at the time by Neale.

Terry was the lucky brother, with the longest career and the greatest achievements (which also included coaching premierships with the Essendon Reserves, and night grandfinals - one with Neale). He never suffered the serious injuries his brothers experienced, especially Neale. My memory told me that Neale was the most extraordinary of the brothers - of any players - at the time he played. But Terry's undoubted talent and long career tended to cast doubts on my memories. This book reconfirms them so vividly.

Where the hell is Ungarie? On the banks of the Humbug...did you say Hungary?
By MiltAbest on December 6, 2013

Well for someone who grew up with these blokes in our youths, this mob from only a few years ahead, me and all of the town of Ungarie thought no wonder they went so well, from "driving backs" at school of above average ability, we where only in awe of them then was being lucky enough to be Jims sons who guided us to my 1st footy premiership and almost my last it took almost 30 years to get my last. But the best lesson they gave us, was the ability to be the same sort of persons when fame was thrust upon them. Another aside from their fame was we didn't have to explain at the height of it was where Ungarie was, a much admired advantage...that saved many a word, hoping this book helps in perpetuating that perhaps

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.79 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
[Terry Daniher]The Danihers :The Story of Football's Favourite Family(pdf){Zzzzz}