The Aristocrats - Culture Clash (2013)

seeders: 33
leechers: 0
Added on July 17, 2013 by Gorgatzin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

The Aristocrats - Culture Clash (2013) (Size: 130.82 MB)
 07 Cocktail Umbrellas.mp316.83 MB
 08 Living The Dream.mp316.4 MB
 02 Culture Clash.mp316.02 MB
 04 Ohhhh Noooo.mp315.54 MB
 05 Gaping Head Wound.mp315.04 MB
 09 And Finally.mp314.2 MB
 01 Dance Of The Aristocrats.mp313.36 MB
 06 Desert Tornado.mp312.77 MB
 03 Louisville Stomp.mp310.67 MB

Description

The Aristocrats - Culture Clash (2013)

INFO:

The Aristocrats is a rock group formed in 2011. The band consists of Guthrie Govan, Bryan Beller, and Marco Minnemann. The group name is inspired by the venerable Aristocrats joke and consequently the song titles on the progressive rock compilation are rife with salacious double-entendres.

The band was formed after a wildly enthusiastic response to a concert performance at The Anaheim Bass Bash during the Winter NAMM show in January 2011. The trio had just one rehearsal before the concert but still performed well and amazed the audience as well as themselves. Originally the guitarist for that one-off show was to be Greg Howe, replaced by Guthrie Govan at the last moment. Govan later stated: "The chemistry was so great, that when we came offstage we all said to each other: 'This is working. We should record this.'" The band would later get together and meet in Chicago to record their debut album, which took just under two weeks. The music album reflected their respective influences, ranging from 70s fusion (Return to Forever), to progressive (King Crimson), to instrumental rock (Steve Vai, Joe Satriani), to groove metal (Rage Against the Machine) and to just plain absurdity (Frank Zappa). Bassist Bryan Beller stated, "We ended up using our different influences to write for each other. I wrote "Sweaty Knockers" specifically for Guthrie to have fun with, while Guthrie wrote “I Want a Parrot” with bass leads in mind. As for Marco's material, we're just lucky to be able to keep up with it!”.

After releasing their debut, the trio toured for the year 2012. Later in the same year the band released its first live album, Boing, We'll Do It Live!. Footage and sound for this release were recorded in two concerts held at Alvas Showroom in Los Angeles, California. During those concerts the band played material from their debut album as well as songs from each band members' solo projects.

In 2013, they will release their second studio album Culture Clash, followed by a supporting tour; first in North America in 2013 and then in Europe, South America and Asia in 2014.

QUOTE:

Guthrie Govan was first came to my attention with his series of videos on YouTube. His talent is unquestionable, and his new band The Aristocrats seems to be a good outlet for his talents. I feel as though Govan has earned his place among the guitar legends Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, and this is a project to show that he can do more than session work. Culture Clash shows that The Aristocrats may be the Cream of progressive rock, with powerful side-players coming together to create good music together in their genre.

Overall the guitar work is something that could give guitar players of all levels new ideas. Impressive leads are thrown in there, as are dynamics of all sorts and chords with jazzy tones thrown in. My only criticism is that I feel as though some of the other parts sound a little too much like a backing track.

I don’t know how accessible this music would be to the passive listener, but musicians will surely enjoy listening to this album. There is only one song that clocks in at under five minutes, but if you enjoy listening to instrumental jams then it won’t feel as though you are listening to long songs. The guitar work on this album is certainly impressive – and unlike anything that you can expect to hear for regular bands.

Chances are this will not be your new favorite band if you’re not already aware of who these musicians are. However, if you know who these guys are, then your expectations will certainly be met.

Tracklist:

1. Dance Of The Aristocrats
2. Culture Clash
3. Louisville Stomp
4. Ohhhh Noooo
5. Gaping Head Wound
6. Desert Tornado
7. Cocktail Umbrellas
8. Living The Dream
9. And Finally

Genre: Progressive
Subgenre: Progressive Rock / Fusion